yellville
✟2,020.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been for a long time a huge rap and pop music lover BUT my mane problem ive
always had is people telling me because i'm a Christian I shouldn't listen to that kind of music
to that reason it has led me to want to now more about what other people think about rap and pop music please let me know what you think.
also something i should add is I've never really liked many of the Christian groups like Matt Redman and many of the other people who professionalized in Christian music
IN stead i've always been drawn towards people like Juice Wrld and Trippie Redd so again like i said id like to hear from you guys and what you think about it

Reactions: BeyondET

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have been for a long time a huge rap and pop music lover BUT my mane problem ive
always had is people telling me because i'm a Christian I shouldn't listen to that kind of music
to that reason it has led me to want to now more about what other people think about rap and pop music please let me know what you think.
also something i should add is I've never really liked many of the Christian groups like Matt Redman and many of the other people who professionalized in Christian music
IN stead i've always been drawn towards people like Juice Wrld and Trippie Redd so again like i said id like to hear from you guys and what you think about it

People tend to demonize as "un-Christian" things just because they don't like them. As long as there's nothing overtly heretical, listen away. :)

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Regardless of genre, I'd recommend submitting it all to the Philippian Prescription.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. -- Philippian 4:8

If it fits within that measure, it's beneficial.

Upvote 0

warriorcatsbooklover

Oct 27, 2021
yellville
✟2,020.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@warriorcatsbooklover If you're interested, there are some good Christian rappers out there, with sound doctrine. Shai Linne, Timothy Brindle, Jackie Hill Perry to name a few.
Peace be with you
i will look into some of those people for sure as for all of you thank you all for you're opinions

• Friendly
Reactions: Mclachlan
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I believe music is a gift from God. He can do whatever He wants through it all. I won't downplay the tastes of others, but personally I cannot stand most contemporary Christian music. I recoil from it. The music that has moved my soul the most is rarely strictly only Christian (if we don't count O Holy Night and other old masterpieces like that), at least not in the "most radio-friendly and widely accepted throughout the Christian musical communities" sense. But stuff like Sufjan Stevens and Joseph Arthur on the other hand actually moves something within me. Nick Cave too.

I don't know anything about rappers, but I know someone called Flame is a Christian rapper. Lutheran, to be more precise. I listened to his album Extra Nos a few times. I don't even know why. I didn't hate it, I was surprised I liked some of the hooks and there were a few lines that were quite powerful. But I didn't listen to it because someone blackmailed me into it by threatening my salvation or something. I listened to it because I wanted to hear what it's about.

TLDR; Don't stress about it too much.

Upvote 0