Opinions On Obama's DNC Speech?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So here's a transcript of Barack Obama's speech at the DNC Convention.

Transcript: Barack Obama's DNC speech - CNNPolitics

Interesting how back in 2016 he basically told the nation if they reject Hillary Clinton they were essentially rejecting him and his administration. They did in the broader sense of the word through the electoral college.

Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if black voters don't back Clinton - CNNPolitics

Trump increased his black vote at least a few more points then Romney achieved in 2012.

I have to wonder seeing Obama was the keynote speaker.....does the nation REALLY think of him as a great leader? Or are people just basically afraid to suggest he wasn't? I suppose that'll be demonstrated by how much benefit his speech will be shown to have had. He's NOW spoke to the nation. He's laid out his case WHY Biden should be elected. If he's not then what's that say about him and what people REALLY think about him? It does seem like another opportunity for if you don't vote for J....then you've rejected me. Won't this be a double mark on his legacy? If he doesn't move the nation in a broad sense then what is that but failure? Yes a leader....a good one will succeed in convincing even those who are of a different opinion. We'll see.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

Interesting how back in 2016 he basically told the nation if they reject Hillary Clinton they were essentially rejecting him and his administration. They did in the broader sense of the word through the electoral college.

Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if black voters don't back Clinton - CNNPolitics

Trump increased his black vote at least a few more points then Romney achieved in 2012.

I have to wonder seeing Obama was the keynote speaker.....does the nation REALLY think of him as a great leader? Or are people just basically afraid to suggest he wasn't? I suppose that'll be demonstrated by how much benefit his speech will be shown to have had. He's NOW spoke to the nation. He's laid out his case WHY Biden should be elected. If he's not then what's that say about him and what people REALLY think about him? It does seem like another opportunity for if you don't vote for J....then you've rejected me. Won't this be a double mark on his legacy? If he doesn't move the nation in a broad sense then what is that but failure? Yes a leader....a good one will succeed in convincing even those who are of a different opinion. We'll see.

As is the case with Obama, he really is a good orator!

I give him a standing ovation and agree with what he said!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, 3 million more voted for Obama's 'successor' than for Trump.

Trump's electoral victory does not indicate a rejection of Trump's leadership.
I have to wonder seeing Obama was the keynote speaker.....does the nation REALLY think of him as a great leader?
We'll ... the nation gave him 2 terms, and a majority voted for his 'successor', so ...

Reactions: Gramma Kitty
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes he is.

Reactions: Longeen
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah ... you didn't see the speech ....

And I missed nothing. But before I look at the transcript, my prediction.

"I was great. Trump bad. America sucks. Vote Biden."

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The America Sucks part didn't take long, quote:

"It allowed for the inhumanity of slavery and failed to guarantee women -- and even men who didn't own property -- the right to participate in the political process."

None of this is true, but the words are carefully crafted to promote the ideal that America's founding was corrupt and racist and hating America is fine.

The remainder of the speech is so predictable as to be boring.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"It allowed for the inhumanity of slavery and failed to guarantee women -- and even men who didn't own property -- the right to participate in the political process."

None of this is true, but the words are carefully crafted to promote the ideal that America's founding was corrupt and racist and hating America is fine.
What part of this isn't true ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

That is not what he is saying. He was disparaging the way we used to be and was saying the changes that have happened since are good. He's saying this is where we were.

Why would we want to go backwards?

Reactions: Gramma Kitty
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not what he is saying. He was disparaging the way we used to be and was saying the changes that have happened since are good. He's saying this is where we were.

Why would we want to go backwards?
Cause I don't want to share my good fortune with other Americans ...

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to wonder seeing Obama was the keynote speaker.....does the nation REALLY think of him as a great leader? Or are people just basically afraid to suggest he wasn't?
I don't think it is wise to wonder such things. The nation is many different people. As Obama said, it's not about a popularity contest. Being president is about having the Spirit of empathy and humility to look out for all Americans.

I suppose that'll be demonstrated by how much benefit his speech will be shown to have had. He's NOW spoke to the nation. He's laid out his case WHY Biden should be elected. If he's not then what's that say about him and what people REALLY think about him?
Biden loosing or winning wouldn't reveal anything about Obama. Respectfully, and with all forthrightness, your thoughts and words are carnal vanity.
Yes a leader....a good one will succeed in convincing even those who are of a different opinion. We'll see.
We'll see how? If Biden gets elected? Thanks be to God, I already see because I'm not blind or deaf to the Truth that comes from God and is God. The same Truth that Obama speaks of when lifting up empathy and the courage to follow it, as the prerequisite for a trustworthy leader. Let's remember that when Jesus was crucified it didn't prove he was a bad leader or that he wasn't convincing. It proved that wicked people preferred the darkness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have to wonder seeing Obama was the keynote speaker.....does the nation REALLY think of him as a great leader?
Hard to say, but it's apparent that HE thinks of himself that way. That was the main message delivered by his speech last night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
His thinking is correct.
And yet one of the most common gripes about Trump coming from the "NeverTrumpers" and other antagonists of the President is that he supposedly thinks of himself as a successful president. Not whether or not he has been successful, but whether he thinks of himself that way.

To be told now that the same thing--if it's OBAMA--is deserting of an "attaboy" isn't exactly a surprise.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet one of the most common gripes about Trump coming from the "NeverTrumpers" and other antagonists of the President is that he supposedly thinks of himself as a successful president. Not whether or not he has been successful, but whether he thinks of himself that way.

To be told now that the same thing--if it's OBAMA--is deserting of an "attaboy" isn't exactly a surprise.
Obama doesn't ever speak about how great he is. I don't know where you get that from.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

He was speaking of the original Constitution and every word he spoke was simple historical truth. He never suggested that either America or the Constitution was racist or corrupt but he did state that it was imperfect. If it were perfect why did it need so many amendments?

Upvote 0