Opinions on how Joyce Meyers is a false prophet?

Is Joyce Meyers a false prophet?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Um...since you are vying for the snarky king crown you might
want to pay a wee bit closer attention...

waterGAL...

not a brother chum.
Maybe he is one of those "false bloggers" that the we have been warned about...^_^

Perhaps we need to warn others and pull the plug on him....

If he falsely calls a woman a man, then where will it end???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

watergal

Feb 2, 2012
✟15,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe he is one of those "false bloggers" that the we have been warned about...^_^

Perhaps we need to warn others and pull the plug on him....

If he falsely calls a woman a man, then where will it end???

Well...there was supposed to be a smiley face...ah well.

Here..;*}

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They will take you right to their $10 million dollar masons and private jets, you know just like our apostles lived in the lap of luxury selling the Word of God

Did you have a hot shower this week? (...or even this year?) Then you are living in luxury compared to most who have lived throughout history. Maybe God is calling you to share more of your wealth with those less fortunate, rather than complain about others wealth.

Perhaps you should go to Haiti. "...half a million people still live in squalid tent cities..." Two Years After Quake, Haiti Remains in Distress - WSJ.com

Reactions: tangled
Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do these Two have in common?

Follow the Money.

Money itself is not evil. Only when misused does it become the root of evil. I do not wish to usurp the role of the Holy Spirit to make the judgement call on how she uses her wealth.

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apparently Rick Warren donates 90% of his income to God...10% is still millions for him.

Exactly the thought/question I was pondering in regard to Joyce. While I've no clue what percentage she gives to God, it seems some fail to consider this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, your defending Jan Crouch too? :D

I think she was simply pointing out that you seem to be exaggerating Jans comment.

Tell me, Jan supporter, what need does God have of any of their grocery money?

Jesus didn't find fault with the poor widow for giving her grocery money...

Mark 12:42-44 (NIV)
But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you a member of the TBN or what?

I've never heard of Jan in my whole entire life.

So you won't comment if you have any connection with TBN.

how does quoting a scripture verse answer if you are connected to TBN?

if you feel you must continue to clown around instead of replying in a straight forward way, I am done.

Hey iWord,
tangled has never heard of Jan. That should tell you tangled is not connected to TBN. Unfortunately, you missed the obvious because you were too busy trying to fuel an argument... and, one not even directly relevant to the subject of the thread. Further, if you had read the first post...

I'm not interested in argument...

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think this needs to be repeated to get the thread back on track...

God promoted Joseph to the second highest place in one most powerful kingdoms of his time, Egypt, so that Joseph could bless his family and perserve the promise of God to bring the Messiah into the world as a descendant or Abraham....

God promotes people to places of great wealth and power for His purposes.

Those that preach a message of poverty are not willing to live in poverty but they are willing to fault those that God has given wealth to for the promotion of God's work around the world.

The Bible says that all the angels in heaven rejoice over one sinner who repents and turns to God.

If the gospel that has been preached through Joyce Meyers ministry
cause one soul to be saved, it is worth all the wealth of the world.

Those that throw rocks have not reached out around the world to the people
that Joyce Meyers ministries have reached.

They would shut her down and not give a rats butt about those who have
come to faith through her efforts because their "truth" is more important than souls.

Jesus said we would know them by their fruits, not by their perfect message or having answered all the mysteries of the Bible or of God.

BEWARE OF THOSE WHO UPHOLD DOCTRINES ABOVE MERCY AND COMPASSION IN CHRIST AND WHO WOULD BANKRUPT FRUITFUL MINISTRIES THAT ARE FOLLOWING CHRIST AND PREACHING THE GOSPEL, WHILE THEY FOLLOW THEIR BANNER OF "TRUTH".

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do these Two have in common?

Follow the Money.

:thumbsup:
if your just going to make comments like this at least have the decency to answer what has been said about how having money is not wrong. it is loving money more than God that is wrong. however that is just a sin like any other sin and since we are all sinners and all fall short of the glory of God then so what. That should not stop a person from ministering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People are now fighting each other. Everyone one is judging everyone else for being for or against Joyce. People still haven't listened to what I said though. We should be looking at this biblically. According to scripture she has some views that are wrong and does some wrong things as a christian. Therefor the bible says you should avoid her.
So according to this theory then every single christian in the world should avoid every other christian. interesting. I wonder how that fits in with the instruction to continue to meet with each other. you see there isn't one single christian who has it all right. So every christian will have some views that are wrong and therefore should be avoided. Do you realise that is what your saying? Please think carefully about what you say.

Heres that link that has scriptural back up:
Joyce Meyer - False Preacher
Now lets look at this article. it claims that Joyce Meyers teaches that jesus did not pay the price on the cross and then they quote a booklet put out by JM that says jesus paid the price on the cross and in hell. So they quote her saying the opposite to what they claimed she said. Care to explain?

So the worst claim they have is that she means something different when she says "born again". So what? big deal! Plenty of christians have different definitions for when they use the term born again. it is hardly something worth condemning someones ministry over.

oh yeah that link does not have scriptural back up. Sure it mentions a few verses but most of the scripture is warnings against false teachers. As yet it has not been established if joyce Meyers is a false teacher.

Reactions: jennimatts
Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right..

here's some more of her fruits...

check out her $10 million home!

joyce_meyer_homes.jpg
and where is the picture of what Rick Warrens church has built? remember Rick Warren? The one you mentioned as a great example. Care to explain how all the extras like restaurants etc they have are essential yet what joyce Meyers has is not. Sorry but I think your position is one of double standards. Why is it you want to be critical of JM yet not RW?

I do too but that does not indicate if I am connected to the TBN or not,

if you feel you must continue to clown around instead of replying in a straight forward way, I am done.

Let me know of you can approach this as an adult because you do not tickle me nor do I find you funny at all.
I believe what you meant to say here was Hi pot I'm kettle! you are guiltuy of doing exactly what you are critcising others for doing. you have refused to answer questions yet you want to get bogged down on one petty little and totally insignificant detail. not only that but a question that has already been answered.

Upvote 0
and where is the picture of what Rick Warrens church has built? remember Rick Warren? The one you mentioned as a great example. Care to explain how all the extras like restaurants etc they have are essential yet what joyce Meyers has is not. Sorry but I think your position is one of double standards. Why is it you want to be critical of JM yet not RW?

I believe what you meant to say here was Hi pot I'm kettle! you are guiltuy of doing exactly what you are critcising others for doing. you have refused to answer questions yet you want to get bogged down on one petty little and totally insignificant detail. not only that but a question that has already been answered.

I said Rick Warren, but I guess he now has a different view on money than he did back in 2007.

Also I know he spent lots of money on his church, but I think he still lives in like a $200-300 thousand dollar home and still drives an old Ford. And I have yet to see him purchase anything for personal profit, like a $100,000 car or a $10 million dollar home.

Just thought I would clear that up so you can stop blaming ilogos, poor guy.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think this needs to be repeated to get the thread back on track...
People actually read what I write.... :doh: ^_^

Thanks...

I corrected the spelling and grammatical errors so I don't look like my avatar....:sorry:

I also added a very important point on God's perspective over ours.

God promoted Joseph to the second highest place
in one most powerful kingdoms of his time, Egypt,
so that Joseph could bless his family and preserve
the promise of God to bring the Messiah into the world
as a descendant or Abraham....

God promotes people to places of great wealth and power for His purposes.

Those that preach a message of poverty are not willing
to live in poverty but they are willing to fault those that
God has given wealth for the promotion of God's work
around the world.

The Bible says that all the angels in heaven rejoice over one sinner
who repents and turns to God.

If the gospel that has been preached through Joyce Meyers ministry
causes one soul to be saved, then that one soul is worth all the wealth of the world.

Those that throw rocks have not reached out around the world to the people
that Joyce Meyers ministries have reached and yet they fault her and
condemn her while people are coming to Christ through her.

They would shut her down and not give a rats butt about those who have
come to faith through her efforts because their "truth" is more important than souls.

People, we need God's perspective, not our imperfect judgements that can
never see the BIG PICTURE that God sees.

God is more concerned with one soul reached and saved than Joyce living in a mansion.

If it takes a mansion to keep Joyce motivated to keep reaching people
around the world then to God, that is money well spent....

Souls people....that is what God is after....
All this will disappear but people are forever.
We have the wrong perspective when we fault those wining souls
at the cost of things that will burn up and disappear..

Try to see God's perspective...

Jesus said we would know them by their fruits, not by their perfect message or
having answered all the mysteries of the Bible or of God.

BEWARE OF THOSE WHO UPHOLD DOCTRINES ABOVE MERCY AND COMPASSION
IN CHRIST AND WHO WOULD BANKRUPT FRUITFUL MINISTRIES THAT ARE FOLLOWING
CHRIST AND PREACHING THE GOSPEL,
WHILE THEY FOLLOW THEIR BANNER OF "TRUTH".

ps Those that throw rocks would say: look at Joseph sitting up their on his throne.
Joseph isn't following the Lord, he's false and he is following Pharaoh.
God is gonna judge him for his evil and greedy heart.
God don't promote His people, He wants them to be poor....:doh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Strider1002
Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...Why is it you want to be critical of JM yet not RW?

It seems that iWord was targeting anything affiliated with TBN, not just Joyce. I don't have TBN's five networks programmed into my TV because there is a lot of questionable doctrine. But that doesn't mean it's all bad.

Upvote 0