• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Opinion poll: Is it acceptable behavior to mock Biden’s stutter?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by hislegacy, Mar 20, 2021.

Is it ok to mock Biden’s stutter

1. I am a Democrat: yes

2. I am a Democrat: no

3. I am a Republican: yes

4. I am a Republican: no

5. I am other than Republican/Democrat: Yes

6. I am other than Republican/Democrat: no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,931
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Your vote is visible

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. hislegacy

+9,931
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    My vote is no

3. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+1,933
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    of course it's not OK and party affiliation doesn't matter in deciding if it's OK

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. hislegacy

+9,931
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you

5. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+5,890
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Depends what you mean by "okay". If you mean that it shouldn't be illegal, then yes, it's okay.

6. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,689
    Christian
    Married
    Should it be okay to mock anyone's stutter ?

My mother taught me better than that ...

7. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+3,940
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Yes, or at least it is as acceptable as when other Presidents e.g. Trump, W. Bush, Bob Dole, Reagan, Gerald Ford etc. were made fun of by late night TV shows, stand up comedians, Comedy Central TV shows etc.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  8. Friedrich Rubinstein

Friedrich Rubinstein Well-Known Member

+879
    Germany
    Christian
    Private
    If you can make fun of Trump's behaviour you can also make fun of Biden's behaviour.
    Or you stop with both.

9. Leet

Leet Active Member

+400
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Married
    ^ behaviours are not the same thing as a speech impediment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,830
    Christian
    Single
    I think it's pretty obvious that, as a Christian, we should not make fun of anyones handicap, or even if their problem
    Is not caused by a handicap.

At least that's what I'm feeling at the moment.

11. SilverBear

+1,933
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    Did any of these people have a speech impediment? No, they did not.

12. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+3,940
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I hardly see how that makes a difference, and Biden does not have a speech impediment other than being senile, so I say folks making sport of him is not any worse than portraying Reagan as doddering old man. Come to think of it, W. Bush was given a lot of grief for his clumsy speaking.

13. SilverBear

+1,933
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    and that says so much about just what sort of person you are.

I'm fat to sickened right now to safely comment on this.

14. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,341
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't remember any comedian making fun of someone's disability.

15. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,341
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    If someone made fun of Reagan after it was obvious that he was having serious physical problems, which later was found to be early onset of Alzheimer's then they shouldn't have been. This was not a behavior, a character flaw, etc. but something he couldn't control.

Maybe if you read this article written by someone who stutters about an interview with Biden.
    Biden's had a stutter, speech impediment since he was a child which he has mostly overcome.
    Stuttering is a neurological disorder that affects roughly 70 million people, about 3 million of whom live in the United States. It has a strong genetic component: Two-thirds of stutterers have a family member who actively stutters or used to. Biden’s uncle on his mother’s side—“Uncle Boo-Boo,” as he was called—stuttered his whole life.
    The longer someone stutters, however, the lower the chances of a full recovery—perhaps due to the decreasing plasticity of the brain. Research suggests that no more than a quarter of people who still stutter at 10 will completely rid themselves of the affliction as adults.
    What Joe Biden Can’t Bring Himself to Say

16. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli But you can call me Captain Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+3,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I said yes... Freedom of speech. Say no to book-banning and woke culture all the way, and embrace freedom (except for threats).

17. Landon Caeli

+3,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Why is it any different than mocking Trump for being the way he is? Unless we're to think we have the free will to control the way our neurons function, rather than the other way around.

18. Landon Caeli

+3,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Are you sure? they're all natural, neurological functions.

19. Leet

Leet Active Member

+400
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Married
    A person can do or say things that are idiotic or out of sheer ignorance or arrogance. That is not the same thing as a stutter, a tic, a lisp etc etc.

20. Landon Caeli

+3,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It actually is though... These are all neurological chemical reactions occurring in the frontal cortex of the brain.

What would you say makes one neurological reaction worthy of mockery but not another?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.