Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Racism is insidious. My sister is a good example. But she doesn't think so. In her view she is just telling it like it is. "Those people have nothing to complain about. If the don't like it here they should leave."

"Racism can often be found in our hearts—in many cases placed there unwillingly or unknowingly by our upbringing and culture. As such, it can lead to thoughts and actions that we do not even see as racist, but nonetheless flow from the same prejudicial root. Consciously or subconsciously, this attitude of superiority can be seen in how certain groups of people are vilified, called criminals, or are perceived as being unable to contribute to society, even unworthy of its benefits. Racism can also be institutional, when practices or traditions are upheld that treat certain groups of people unjustly. The cumulative effects of personal sins of racism have led to social structures of injustice and violence that makes us all accomplices in racism."
https://www.usccb.org/resources/open-wide-our-hearts_0.pdf

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Racism can often be found in our hearts—in many cases placed there unwillingly or unknowingly by our upbringing and culture. As such, it can lead to thoughts and actions that we do not even see as racist, but nonetheless flow from the same prejudicial root.
Ignorance continues to be perhaps the biggest contributing factor. We are seeing this with how radicals misunderstand social justice. They denounce whites for the sake of anti-racism.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Racism is insidious. My sister is a good example. But she doesn't think so. In her view she is just telling it like it is. "Those people have nothing to complain about. If the don't like it here they should leave."

"Racism can often be found in our hearts—in many cases placed there unwillingly or unknowingly by our upbringing and culture. As such, it can lead to thoughts and actions that we do not even see as racist, but nonetheless flow from the same prejudicial root. Consciously or subconsciously, this attitude of superiority can be seen in how certain groups of people are vilified, called criminals, or are perceived as being unable to contribute to society, even unworthy of its benefits. Racism can also be institutional, when practices or traditions are upheld that treat certain groups of people unjustly. The cumulative effects of personal sins of racism have led to social structures of injustice and violence that makes us all accomplices in racism."
https://www.usccb.org/resources/open-wide-our-hearts_0.pdf
That's a good summary, though kinda abstract. It's helpful to point out that vilifying asylum seekers and other would be immigrants from Latin America is an example of actual racism, often done under color of law, with wordings like Trump's meant to paint and suggest that a great many are dangerous to us and create fear and a need for Trump to protect us from putative danger.

As a group, 'illegal' immigrants are more law abiding than native born U.S. citizens on average --

The White House's Misleading & Error Ridden Narrative on Immigrants and Crime

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I disagree, I am told that I will get suspended if I speak against a group. So all I can say Is I am the only white for several blocks, having lived here first when It was all white for 40 years. Don't know one that is honest or that loves their white neighbors. Honest is coming in legally, not telling lies and loving your neighbor no matter their race. Now they have more rights then the citizens of the United States.
The people that come in legally are exceptional people and are the first to speak against the illegals.
You brought it up, if I get booted so will you.
PS the crime rate here is the highest among the Hispanics.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Ignorance continues to be perhaps the biggest contributing factor. We are seeing this with how radicals misunderstand social justice. They denounce whites for the sake of anti-racism.

Isn't that just being hypocritical?

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. Hypocrisy is a common symptom of ignorance. Many of the SJW's out there are blinded by self-righteous moralism. For instance, they don't seem to understand the full ramifications were they to succeed at cancelling out freedom of speech.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Absolutely. Hypocrisy is a common symptom of ignorance. Many of the SJW's out there are blinded by self-righteous moralism. For instance, they don't seem to understand the full ramifications were they to succeed at cancelling out freedom of speech.

Actually, I believe it's more hypocritical in the sense that they don't like whites for being racist but they single out whites as if they were all like that and that's making them racist themselves. You know what they say, when you point a finger at somebody three more point back at you.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I believe it's more hypocritical in the sense that they don't like whites for being racist but they single out whites as if they were all like that and that's making them racist themselves. You know what they say, when you point a finger at somebody three more point back at you.
This is where what's called Critical Race Theory comes in. Society is dissected into specific categories according to race, gender, sexuality, economic class, etc. Then assumptions are imposed on each group and they are treated accordingly. A political example of this was when Joe Biden said, "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
This is where what's called Critical Race Theory comes in. Society is dissected into specific categories according to race, gender, sexuality, economic class, etc. Then assumptions are imposed on each group and they are treated accordingly. A political example of this was when Joe Biden said, "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Number one I don't care at all what Joe Biden says,.. and number two color doesn't have anything at all to do with whether or not you're for him. It's brains.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hypocritical is when a person claims they are one thing, but actually does another thing that doesn't fit what one claims.

Example: claiming one isn't racist while characterizing a group by race.

To characterize means to describe. To describe people as criminal because of their race for example, is racism.

Not one single racist will make it into heaven. Not even one.

Of course, a former racist who repents sincerely can be redeemed and saved. (the epistle of 1rst John is very good to read)

This crude and ill conceived idea Biden was saying was that someone black ought to be agreeing that Trump isn't acting as if black lives matter (as much as white lives). It's a crude, and badly worded and basically wrong idea, in more than one way. Of course, One could feel that black lives matter as much as white lives, but be for Trump (for various reasons). I'm not for Trump personally, because I'm not easy to convince just with rhetoric and words, and I've seen Trump a lot way back in the 1990s, and already saw through his salesmanship way back in the 1990s, and it hasn't changed. He could sell many people the shoes they already own. He's tricked a lot of people, but most didn't have the advantage of seeing him a lot in the 1990s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a hundred percent sure, but pretty sure that this is taken out of context and he's talking about illegal immigrants not legal ones.
The context -- Trump calling certain countries (none of which are primarily white) '****hole' countries, and say why not prefer immigrants from a place like Norway instead (which is of course nearly pure white only)? That's what the video you responded to here is reporting.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a hundred percent sure, but pretty sure that this is taken out of context and he's talking about illegal immigrants not legal ones.
Once many Norwegian immigrants did come ! --

"In the Thursday meeting in which President Trump complained about "having all these people from [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]hole countries come here" — and singled out Haiti, El Salvador and Africa as examples — he also added that, "we should have more people from Norway."

From 1870 to 1910 a quarter of Norway's working-age population emigrated, mostly to the United States. You read that right — one-fourth of its workers left the country.

... those who left Norway came from "some of the lowest skilled families. They are coming from either rural areas or they are [the product of fathers holding] lower skilled laborer positions in cities," she says.

And on arrival in the United States these Norwegian immigrants remained at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. Compared to immigrants from the 15 other European nations that contributed to this great wave of arrivals, "the Norwegians held the lowest paid occupations in the U.S.," says Boustan.

"They tended to be farm laborers. They were also fishermen. If they were in cities they were just sort of in the manual labor category — what today you would think of as a day laborer."

"So when you look at the people leaving Norway you do pick up quite a bit of evidence of the poor, huddled masses," she says, referring to the famous Emma Lazarus poem at the foot of the Statue of Liberty.

And although their descendants would eventually catch up to the rest of the U.S. population, it took a while. Twenty years after their arrival in the United States, the Norwegian immigrants were still making 14 percent less than native-born workers.

In other words, they shared a lot in common with many of today's immigrants from ... El Salvador, Haiti and Africa.

Trump Wishes We Had More Immigrants From Norway. Turns Out We Once Did

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, I repeat,.. unless I hear these words coming directly out of President Trump's mouth then it's really hard for me to believe anything.
Ok, one way, I think the best way, to judge policies and actions is to look at the precise actions being done.

"Under Presidential Proclamation 10014, signed on April 22 and extended by PP 10052 on June 22 , the Department of State will not issue immigrant visas, with certain exceptions, through December 31, 2020. Exceptions include lawful permanent residents; immigrants seeking to enter as healthcare professionals; spouses, children, and prospective adoptive children of U.S. citizens; and certain Special Immigrant Visa applicants."
U.S. Visa and Travel FAQs for non-U.S. citizens following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in the United Kingdom

addtional details: National Interest Exceptions to Presidential Proclamations (10014 & 10052) Suspending the Entry of Immigrants and Nonimmigrants Presenting a Risk to the United States Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak

Since April, and through the end of the year, under pretext first of blocking Covid 19 (which was already through all the U.S. already), and then the next rationale was to 'protect' American workers....

But, the U.S. has been a nation of immigrants where the U.S. economy has boomed during immigration, simultaneously.

That's because hard working immigrants also cause additional, extra new jobs to be created, since they have to live and spend just like anyone.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Ok, one way, I think the best way, to judge policies and actions is to look at the precise actions being done.

"Under Presidential Proclamation 10014, signed on April 22 and extended by PP 10052 on June 22 , the Department of State will not issue immigrant visas, with certain exceptions, through December 31, 2020. Exceptions include lawful permanent residents; immigrants seeking to enter as healthcare professionals; spouses, children, and prospective adoptive children of U.S. citizens; and certain Special Immigrant Visa applicants."
U.S. Visa and Travel FAQs for non-U.S. citizens following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in the United Kingdom

addtional details: National Interest Exceptions to Presidential Proclamations (10014 & 10052) Suspending the Entry of Immigrants and Nonimmigrants Presenting a Risk to the United States Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak

Since April, and through the end of the year, under pretext first of blocking Covid 19 (which was already through all the U.S. already), and then the next rationale was to 'protect' American workers....

But, the U.S. has been a nation of immigrants where the U.S. economy has boomed during immigration, simultaneously.

That's because hard working immigrants also cause additional, extra new jobs to be created, since they have to live and spend just like anyone.

I am mentally challenged so I apologize if I'm mistaken,.. but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what was being claimed (and I do believe that it was you) that President Trump said. :confused:

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Once many Norwegian immigrants did come ! --

"In the Thursday meeting in which President Trump complained about "having all these people from [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]hole countries come here" — and singled out Haiti, El Salvador and Africa as examples — he also added that, "we should have more people from Norway."

From 1870 to 1910 a quarter of Norway's working-age population emigrated, mostly to the United States. You read that right — one-fourth of its workers left the country.

... those who left Norway came from "some of the lowest skilled families. They are coming from either rural areas or they are [the product of fathers holding] lower skilled laborer positions in cities," she says.

And on arrival in the United States these Norwegian immigrants remained at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. Compared to immigrants from the 15 other European nations that contributed to this great wave of arrivals, "the Norwegians held the lowest paid occupations in the U.S.," says Boustan.

"They tended to be farm laborers. They were also fishermen. If they were in cities they were just sort of in the manual labor category — what today you would think of as a day laborer."

"So when you look at the people leaving Norway you do pick up quite a bit of evidence of the poor, huddled masses," she says, referring to the famous Emma Lazarus poem at the foot of the Statue of Liberty.

And although their descendants would eventually catch up to the rest of the U.S. population, it took a while. Twenty years after their arrival in the United States, the Norwegian immigrants were still making 14 percent less than native-born workers.

In other words, they shared a lot in common with many of today's immigrants from ... El Salvador, Haiti and Africa.

Trump Wishes We Had More Immigrants From Norway. Turns Out We Once Did

Come to think of it neither does this after I looked at it again and I understand the general idea that it's talking about immigrants.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am mentally challenged so I apologize if I'm mistaken,.. but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what was being claimed (and I do believe that it was you) that President Trump said. :confused:
Yes, Trump is blocking all new immigration applications through 8 months (if it ends then....) except for certain very limited groups, like doctors or family members of citizens. This is a classic thing that happens in every country at times: fear and hate for foreigners, because they seem different from us.

They are not the same skin color as us.

They will steal our land or jobs or murder us, etc.

But God commands us not to hate foreigners, but to love them instead:

Deuteronomy 10:19 So you also must love the foreigner, since you yourselves were foreigners in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:34 You must treat the foreigner living among you as native-born and love him as yourself, for you were foreigners in the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

And this is in effect, right now, today still:

12“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
13“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
Matthew 7 ESV

While Trump and others are on the wide easy path to destruction, we as believers want to take the hard path to Life eternal.

Upvote 0