[open] Uncle Hirams Corner Deli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Come on in, grab a chair, Uncle Hiram will bring you a cup of java and a hot bagel - you are welcome here!!

This is a place of fellowship and sharing. Discussions from the silly to the sublime are the House Speciality! Enjoy yourself, have a helping of fun with your fellowship!

From time to time the need for prayer will arise as it does as people get to know each other. As prayer deserves a more focused atmosphere we have a separate prayer thread. Our Prayer Room is a sticky as well. It is called HaKotel - A place at the Wall of Prayer.

So , welcome, welcome, oh see!! Here comes your hot bagel now!! Sit, enjoy!

Nossa-the-Lame

Strider of the Pope
Mar 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
✟9,241.00
Faith
Christian
*Nossa takes a seat, gets a plain hot bagle, puts some butter on it, and gets a side of lox and a nice hot cup of regular coffe* I think I can like this place. So hows everyone doing? The weekend aftr this one I am going to oncology camp for peeps between the ages of 18 and 25. Basically, kids who had/have cancer or close people to kids who did/have go too. I went last year and I had a blast. Such a great fellowship. Oh well, thats in my world, I also signe up for this web site, I might gie a link to it so ya'll can check it out. Anyways, whats on everyones minds?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Nossa-the-Lame said:
*Nossa takes a seat, gets a plain hot bagle, puts some butter on it, and gets a side of lox and a nice hot cup of regular coffe* I think I can like this place. So hows everyone doing? The weekend aftr this one I am going to oncology camp for peeps between the ages of 18 and 25. Basically, kids who had/have cancer or close people to kids who did/have go too. I went last year and I had a blast. Such a great fellowship. Oh well, thats in my world, I also signe up for this web site, I might gie a link to it so ya'll can check it out. Anyways, whats on everyones minds?
Hey ya' Nossa :) pass the butter.... I was the camp nurse at an oncology camp one summer, Camp Good Days and Special Times here in central Florida - neat bunch of kids! How's the swimming world coming?

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, is this seat taken??? OK well, I will warn you I love to talk about my kids, and there are three of them so plenty to discuss.:wave: Well, my baby, Lara (1yr) is now walking beautifully, and running all over her brothers. My son, Justin (3yrs) is absolutely hilarious and completely in love with Dinosaurs and Spiderman. He now prays for everything. He says "I wanna pay" and then he will bow his head, close his eyes, and the only thing we understand is that he will talk for a couple minutes and then says perfectly clearly "AMEN!!" and then clap his hands and run away. My stepson, Gavin (7 yrs.) is a fun one. He thinks he is 30 and runs the show, (what a headache sometimes) but we have fun anyway. So how are you all doing?

Upvote 0

Nossa-the-Lame

Strider of the Pope
Mar 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
✟9,241.00
Faith
Christian
Henaynei said:
Hey ya' Nossa :) pass the butter.... I was the camp nurse at an oncology camp one summer, Camp Good Days and Special Times here in central Florida - neat bunch of kids! How's the swimming world coming?

*Passes the butter to Heny* Thats cool, this camp I go to is called camp Okizu, here in California. There are kids from all over the sacto area, San Fran, and even some from Reno!

So far I haven't heard from my coach yet, I will call him up maybe again tomarrow or something, the Sierra Marlins are always busy, with meets and what not. I am also going to join a gym, and start to work out. I have been wanting a 6-pack for along time, and I wouldn't mind getting into shape. There is this gym I might join that my friends go to, they have a pool so even if I don't go back just yet to my old team, I can give myself my own workouts, I did at one time(and still kinda do) wanted to be a swim coach ;) But yeah, one way or another I will be in the water :) Thanks for asking Heny!

How are things in your neck of the woods?

Upvote 0

Nossa-the-Lame

Strider of the Pope
Mar 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
✟9,241.00
Faith
Christian
Katydid said:
Hey, is this seat taken??? OK well, I will warn you I love to talk about my kids, and there are three of them so plenty to discuss.:wave: Well, my baby, Lara (1yr) is now walking beautifully, and running all over her brothers. My son, Justin (3yrs) is absolutely hilarious and completely in love with Dinosaurs and Spiderman. He now prays for everything. He says "I wanna pay" and then he will bow his head, close his eyes, and the only thing we understand is that he will talk for a couple minutes and then says perfectly clearly "AMEN!!" and then clap his hands and run away. My stepson, Gavin (7 yrs.) is a fun one. He thinks he is 30 and runs the show, (what a headache sometimes) but we have fun anyway. So how are you all doing?

LOL- kids, gotta love them at times.

Upvote 0

Nossa-the-Lame

Strider of the Pope
Mar 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
✟9,241.00
Faith
Christian
Katydid said:
Nossa, for some reason, when I read 6-pack, the first thing that went through my head was, " but your not old enough yet". LOL

:D ^_^ Ok, let me rephrase that, I mean I want 6-pack abs! And maybe some nice pectorals too! I always wanted to look nice and tone, not a body builder or something. Plus I think I gained some weight over the years, and thats never healthy. What can I say, and no I am not crazy :p

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Nossa-the-Lame said:
How are things in your neck of the woods?
Well, this moving is getting to be a real issue.... neither hubby nor I can move the boxes and furniture due to our backs (I was paralyzed 17 years ago and can't afford to do anything that wouold put me back there) and I have respiratory allergies. I spent half a day cleaning out the accumulation of years from 2 closets and picked up an Upper respiratory infection in less than 12 hours - so bad I could not move or eat for most of yesterday - hubby made chicken soup and I've been taking nyquil and I am *much* better - looks like I'll be able to go to work tomorrow - B"H.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Katydid said:
Oh hey, I have a question, how do you get the

on your page.

I want to have something besides "regular member" but can't figure it out.
Go to UserCP, on the far top left corner of this page
Then go to Edit Profile at the top of the lefthand side bar
Once there scroll just a little way down to Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members. In the field of that area you can enter what you wish :) and it will show up under your name ;)

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Katydid said:
Henaynei,

I'll help you move, but you have to babysit. OHHH and there is the little matter of AIRFARE!!!LOL
LOL - you're sweet!

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members.
Ok this is where I can't figure it out. Where in that area do I put it?

There is

Home page
Instant Messaging
Sound File
Mood
Current Activity
Biography
Church
Ministry
Origin of life

Those are the only fields I don't have filled in, so which one do I put it in?????

HELP!!! I'M LOST IN CYBER CONFUSION!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
LAMB BREDIE
Yield: 6 servings

2 large Onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
1 1/2 pounds Lamb, cut to 1 in. pieces
6 cups Cabbage, coarsely chopped
4 medium Carrot, cut in 3/4 in peices
4 ounces Green Chili Peppers, chopped
2 Inches Stick Cinnamon
6 whole Cloves
1. Debone lamb. 2. In a heavy dutch oven or large saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil till onion is tender but not brown. 3. Season lamb pieces with a little salt and pepper. 4. Add lamb to dutch oven ; brown lamb pieces in hot oil,adding more oil if neccessary. 5. Add cabbage , carrots green chilli peppers , stick cinnamon , and whole cloves . bring to boiling ; reduce heat. cover; simmer for 1 1/4 hr. Do not stir. 6. Add water only if necessary. remove cinnamon and cloves. skim off fat.

Serving Ideas: cooked rice if desired

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.