higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
It isn't me - it is the Church with one voice.
When the church speaks with one voice - it is God.
You can be intellectualyl dishonest if you want, but it is silly.
Look, I can't prove Christianity is the true faith.
No one can.
But, what we can prove is that out side the creed, you are outside of the faith.
That is true be definition.
Take any religion with a creed - out side of it, you are outside of that religion.
So, you might be right, but you are not Christian - that is what Creeds do - show the limits of the faith.

Gtsecc, according to CF the Nicene creed is the standard used to determine eligiblility to post in the Christians Only forums. However, those who do not affirm the creed in totality but still self identify as Christians are not considered non-Christians they are non-nicene creed Christians. So let's not start telling people who is and who is not Christian. Please?

:)

Upvote 0

gtsecc

Aspirant
Sep 3, 2004
✟9,845.00
Faith
Anglican
Gtsecc, according to CF the Nicene creed is the standard used to determine eligiblility to post in the Christians Only forums. However, those who do not affirm the creed in totality but still self identify as Christians are not considered non-Christians they are non-nicene creed Christians. So let's not start telling people who is and who is not Christian. Please?

:)
You are confused.
I don't think you understand what a creed means.
I'm not saying they are not Christian because I am mean.
In fact, it has nothing to do with me.
If a group establishes a creed, they do it to establish the limits of the belief that are accepted.
That means: if you don’t assent to the creed, you aren’t in the group.
How could this be any simpler?

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
You are confused.
I don't think you understand what a creed means.
I'm not saying they are not Christian because I am mean.
In fact, it has nothing to do with me.
If a group establishes a creed, they do it to establish the limits of the belief that are accepted.
That means: if you don’t assent to the creed, you aren’t in the group.
How could this be any simpler?

please stop.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟60,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In order to comply with moderator direction and CF rules, I can not continue debating here. If either AV1611 or gtsecc would like to start a thread somewhere in which I am allowed to debate, such as liberal theology (Or another similar discussion forum of your choice in which non-Nicenes can debate), and could post a link to to that thread in this one, I would be happy to respond to your responses there. :)

Upvote 0

gtsecc

Aspirant
Sep 3, 2004
✟9,845.00
Faith
Anglican
please stop.
NO - you stop.
What is the point of the forums if we can't be honest?
What is the point of being Christian, if it means you can make up any belief you want, and then call it Christianity.
And, then if someone says, “Wait a min, this is foolish and dishonest.”
And, then you say, hey “That’s mean?”

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
NO - you stop.
What is the point of the forums if we can't be honest?
What is the point of being Christian, if it means you can make up any belief you want, and then call it Christianity.
And, then if someone says, “Wait a min, this is foolish and dishonest.”
And, then you say, hey “That’s mean?”

Who said "hey that's mean"? And what would you like for me to stop?

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Here's an idea. If you want to have this discussion on STR, why don't you start another thread so it's not in F&B's thread where he can't debate back. ANd if you want to have it with him why don't you do as he suggested and start a thread in LT or someplace like that?

So personally I'm done in this thread, mostly for your own good, gtsecc ;)

Upvote 0

RadixLecti

Mar 14, 2006
✟16,213.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
2+2=5
Because it is mean not to let me believe that...
I really do sympathize with your opinion, however I think Fish and Bread is already acknowleging the fact that this idea is outside of the realm of traditional Christianity anyway.

And besides Anglicanism seems to have non-nicene Bishops. Why can't it have non-nicene laity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟60,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟60,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I started a thread over on Liberal theology that has an Anglicanish flavor to it:

http://www.christianforums.com/t4848636-fasting.html

I thought maybe some folks might to check it out and detail some of their experiences in regard to fasting with an intention in mind and so forth.

I'll grant, this doesn't relate too much to the actual subject of this thread, but it does relate to the title of "Thread for Fish". ;) And, to try desperately to tie it into the *actual* subject of the thread, I'll just say that the thread I'm linking to is a great example of the horrible heretical godless threads we progressives and non-nicene Anglicans would be having in our sub-forum all the time. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.