Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Now how did my thread for our gal Katie get turned into Eric and EC trying to find themselves some wimminfolk??

:p
Me: 17
Eric: 17

Look at the last page or two.

hmm... Texan folk...

I think I'll stay up here in Washington, thank you.:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If it determines life or death, than yes.

The whole South is too hot and too humid. I'll stick with the nice cool weather and reasonable rain.

Not to mention girls without that funky accent. :p

Trust me, you'd feel right at home here this summer! :cool:

Mary

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi cobweb.

Yes, we all have our own idiolect special to us.
Although I have noticed that members of an immediate family all kind of talk alike. So I guess that can be termed a famiolect. :)

I have seen your name in other messageboards.

It is always refreshing to see a similar name.

Upvote 0

cobweb

Cranky octogenarian at heart
Jan 12, 2006
Georgia, USA
✟20,938.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi cobweb.

Yes, we all have our own idiolect special to us.
Although I have noticed that members of an immediate family all kind of talk alike. So I guess that can be termed a famiolect. :)

I have seen your name in other messageboards.

It is always refreshing to see a similar name.
I've been posting in TAW for over a year, so I'd hope I'd look a little bit familiar. ;) (Just kidding).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
OK, boys now really!! For all our visitors I promise that Orthodoxy is more than lovelorn teens ;)

I've been posting in TAW for over a year, so I'd hope I'd look a little bit familiar. ;) (Just kidding).
Do you use the same user name on other websites, I usually use some variation of mine, I bet that is what Aria meant. I makes it so much easier when do don't have to spend 6 month to figure out you are talking with someone you already know form another site. Ahh the anonymous internet :sorry:

Upvote 0

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
wow, I had a terrific time at my first Orthodox visit. Everyone was nice, the music was incredible, and the message was full of wisdom. Like half way through it I think I felt the presence of God, I felt this overwhelming sense of peace and happiness inside of me. I have never felt that happy in my life. I just took it in and it did wonders for me, I felt so good all day. I can't wait to go back this coming Sunday!
Great News. Orthodoxy can sometimes be overwhelming for someone new to it. I am happy to hear that you were so open and ready to hear the message. Definitely get in contact with the priest, even if all you are ready to do at this point is say hello!

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
OK, boys now really!! For all our visitors I promise that Orthodoxy is more than lovelorn teens ;)
Oh fine, ruin the fun! :sigh:

Seriously now, the one thing that really brought me to Orthodoxy was the fact that I was helped out A LOT by people who happened to be Orthodox. My dad and I were even allowed to stay in a house, that had been willed to the church, for two months when I was in Miami. The executive of the estate (the deceased's niece) later on became my godmother.

Upvote 0

cobweb

Cranky octogenarian at heart
Jan 12, 2006
Georgia, USA
✟20,938.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Do you use the same user name on other websites, I usually use some variation of mine, I bet that is what Aria meant. I makes it so much easier when do don't have to spend 6 month to figure out you are talking with someone you already know form another site. Ahh the anonymous internet :sorry:
I figured that was what she meant, but I have a wierd sense of humor.

I do use the same name for almost everything. Before I decided to be Christian again I was frostymama everywhere. Now I am cobweb everywhere (except for my genealogy sites, but most people use their real names there).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.