Charles YTK

Nov 26, 2002
Florida
✟3,839.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
What is it that you are suggesting, Visionary? Is Roman Catholicism the only form of Catholicism you are familiar with?

The Church of Jerusalem has been around since the first century, and in fact in 318DC we excommunicated Rome for their lack of submission to the Beit Knushta, and Torahless theology.

In His Grace,
Mshikhani
Mshikhani,

Please do not be offended or feel you are being put under the microscope as a person. It is the doctrines of the Jerusalem church we are asking about because we are curious to know more about them and their history.

For myself I am always looking for links to the early church that once existed under the leadership of James.. History tells us that several other family members of Yeshua continues to lead the church after James' martyrdom as what is considered almost Royalty placing great importance on the blood line. But as you know after the events of 135 BCE it all become a little murky in the historical records and what pops out the other side in the early 4th century is a religion fully infiltrated with Greeco-Roman Paganism and an open hatred for Judaism. So to hear of a sudden revelation of a pure and consistant line from James that is of great interest to me.

Upvote 0

Mshikhani

May 16, 2007
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Charles,
Shalom!
You have been nothing but very polite and nice in your questions.
I am open to explaining any sincere questions anyone may have about the Church of Jerusalem. And I'm not asking anyone to agree with us in anything.

However, our Church, which is a 2-millennia old church, has a history, a tradition, and is not a new group with a McDonald's theology.

I certainly do take offense when someone takes a 5-minute look at our websites and feels like they can judge us, like Visionary has done.

In Mshikha's love,
Mshikhani

Mshikhani,

Please do not be offended or feel you are being put under the microscope as a person.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
And Protestant theology is 'more Jewish' because....? :sigh:
It is not protestant is more jewish ...after all they are just a step child away from catholism. From what I read on the website there is a mix of Judaism and catholism in the theology and the leanings are more catholism than judaism was all I was saying.

Upvote 0

Mshikhani

May 16, 2007
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Actually, most of the practices you have listed have to do with Mshikha Yeshua, so it would make no sense that they were 'Jewish' in the sense of traditional Pharisaic Judaism. Now what you have implied is that such practices came from Roman Catholicism, which is just not true, since Rome was excommunicated in 318DC, long before most of Roman theology was developed. Even until 318DC, Rome had very little, if any, influence on the beliefs held by the Beith Knushta. Our beliefs come from Scriptures, Revelation and Apostolic Tradition. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mshikhani

It is not protestant is more jewish ...after all they are just a step child away from catholism. From what I read on the website there is a mix of Judaism and catholism in the theology and the leanings are more catholism than judaism was all I was saying.

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Actually, most of the practices you have listed have to do with Mshikha Yeshua, so it would make no sense that they were 'Jewish' in the sense of traditional Pharisaic Judaism. Now what you have implied is that such practices came from Roman Catholicism, which is just not true, since Rome was excommunicated in 318DC, long before most of Roman theology was developed. Even until 318DC, Rome had very little, if any, influence on the beliefs held by the Beith Knushta. Our beliefs come from Scriptures, Revelation and Apostolic Tradition. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mshikhani
The things I listed were things that are catholic in nature not judaism, of which the apostles and Yeshua were following. To say that they would revere Mary the mother, to say that they would believe that the wine is turned actual blood and to drink it against the laws regarding blood, to say that baptism of infants was acceptable judaic thinking, is what I question.

Take the drinking of blood ...even Acts talks about that issue and states that the first messianic council in Jerusalem declared that everyone was to abstain from blood.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟129,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These excerpts from faithboards.org, the official forum of the Church of Jerusalem. It is an article by His Excellency, Rabban +Mar Andreos, Secretary General of the Church of Jerusalem:

The Communion of Saints: An Ocean of Grace

By

Rabban +Mar Andreos

*snip*

Now, we know that a soul has to opportunity to turn to God in Sheol if they never had done this in their early career. This is reality not open for interpretation. When Messiah went to Sheol to preach the Good News, it was not only the souls in Judea that were listening…ALL of Sheol was listening! That is every soul that was ever created that had ever lived and had died up to that point were in the various levels of Sheol and those who had ears could hear! This meant saintly people from all times in history, from regions of the globe, from all cultures, and from all other religious beliefs heard Messiah and those who had ears followed Messiah, entered Paradise and many entered the Communion of Saints...Remember the Ocean analogy?

So, if all people from all walks could come to Messiah after death, in Sheol, then what about now? For some reason, people have been spoon fed this lie that unless a person hears the Good News in their earthly life and accepts Messiah only at this point, then that soul is lost forever. This is total garbage. It is not real and it has hurt so many people on so many levels the world over.

What was true then, is true now. If a soul for whatever reason, does not accept Messiah and His Torah in this life, they will have the chance to do this in Sheol.

Keeping this in mind, it should not come as any surprise that many of the greatest Jewish thinkers in history since the time of Messiah, have entered Sheol have embraced Yeshua as Messiah and have entered the Communion of Saints. It has been confirmed that most, if not all the Greatest Yemeni Jewish Scholars have entered the Communion of Saints among them. Among them Saadia Gaon and RaMBaM (also known as Maimonides) and Baba Sali.

Other Great Jewish saints in the Communion of Saints:

The Bal Shem Tov

Rabbi Dov Ber of Mezeritch

Shneur Zalman Baruchovitch of Liadi

We know the Rebbe Schneerson, even before his death accepted Yeshua as Messiah and he is now in the Communion of Saints.

Those who know anything about the Church of Jerusalem will come into conact with the writings of St. Sadhu Sundar Singh. What many may not know is that Sundar Singh, while a devotee of Messiah in his earthly life, and a friend to the Nasranis, had not accepted His Torah or the Mother Church in his earthly life. This changed immediately upon his entrance into Sheol. He is extremely active in the Communion of Saints and does more than many servants of the Church while still in the flesh. He is truly a great and beloved Saint of the Holy Mother Church.

This is something you need to prepare for.

Many of the founders of the world's religions are not only in Paradise after having accepted Messiah and Torah, but are currently working in the Communion of Saints!

Let's have a rundown of some of these saints (I assure you this is only the tip of the tip of a very large Iceberg).

From Buddhism:

Siddhartha Gotama (Founder of Buddhism)

Milarepa (One of the greatest Tibetan Buddhist heroes)

Shinran Shonin (The found of Jodoshin Buddhism)

Many Tibetan Buddhist Lamas and Geshes are embracing Messiah and immediately entering the Communion of Saints.

From Hinduism:

Sri Ramakrishna

Sri Shird Sai Baba

Paramahamsa Hariharananda

Krishnamurti

From Sikhism:

Guru Nanak (The Founder of Sikhism)

Many Sikhs both in the flesh and in Sheol are accepting Messiah and entering the Communion of Saints.

From Zoroastrianism:

Zararathushra (The Founder of Zoroastrianism)

From Jainism:

Mahavir (the founder of the Jain religion)

From Sufism:

Baha al-Din Naqshband (The Founder of the Naqshbandi Sufi Order. Many Naqshbandis have entered the Communion of Saints).

Jalaludin Rumi (One of the most famous Sufis of all time)

Hazrat Inayat Khan (of the Chishti Order)

Farid-ud-din (Of the Chisti Order)

Bulleh Shah (Great Punjabi Sufi Poet of the Qadiri Sect)

Shah Sain Yatim

Asaph bar Yuzu (a saint of the Shemishqo family whose tomb is in Srinigar. Many people make pilgrimages to his tomb thinking that it is the tomb of Messiah, for those in the kashmiri region who believed that Messiah did not die on the cross but traveled through Afghanistan into the Kashmir and lived a full life. It is the tomb of Asaph bar Yuzu that people receive their blessings. Messiah is not buried in the Kahshmir. Messiah is not buried anywhere.)

From Taoism:

Lao Tsu

Chuang Tsu

Many Taosist saints

From the Bahai faith:

The Bab

Baha'u'llah

Other Notable mentions:

Confucius

There are also individuals from Shinto that have entered into the Communion of Saints.

From Roman Catholicism:

Padre Pio

St. Katherine

Pope John Paul II (known now as St. John the Bridge Builder)

Francis of Assisi

From Eastern Orthodoxy:

St. Moses

St. Cyprian

Now this list, is only a small fraction of the Saints in the Communion of Saints. A veritable Ocean of Saints, don't you think?
Does anyone have some scripture that they would like to quote here?

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Charles,
Shalom!
You have been nothing but very polite and nice in your questions.
I am open to explaining any sincere questions anyone may have about the Church of Jerusalem. And I'm not asking anyone to agree with us in anything.

However, our Church, which is a 2-millennia old church, has a history, a tradition, and is not a new group with a McDonald's theology.

I certainly do take offense when someone takes a 5-minute look at our websites and feels like they can judge us, like Visionary has done.

In Mshikha's love,
Mshikhani
Not meant to offend, just identify the type of your faith. Those things that I pointed out are known as part of the catholic style of faith.

How come you seem offended when identified with catholism? I never even mentioned Roman Catholism... and I see that you are making it clear that there is a early separation between the two parties.

I am just learning from what the website says, and if what I bring to the forum is from the wrong website, or I misunderstand... I do not mind you helping me to understand better.

If there is a better website to gather information on your synod, please post it so that we can go to it and learn more. Thank you taking the time to help us get to know your faith better.

Upvote 0

Mshikhani

May 16, 2007
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A lot of the things Messianic congregations do is not in line with Judaism. Does that make them Protestant?

We don't worship Mary, we honor Mary because you cannot claim to love the Son and dishonor His mother.

You say infant baptism is not Jewish. Well, neither is it Jewish to immerse in the name of any messiah, or even to require it as an act of internal conversion from someone who is already Jewish. So can I conclude that they are Protestant congregations?

I have no problem with the word Catholic. In fact, the oh-so-great discovery you claim to have made about our faith is stated there at the website for anyone to see. We are Catholic, in the sense that we are Universal. We are also Catholic in the sense that we are not Sola Scriptura. I have no problem with the word, I have a problem with your arrogance of trying to put us in a box after visiting our site for what 5 minutes?

As for your question concerning the Holy See, I'm sure you can find the answer at the website. I'm not interested in answering your questions, sorry.

Mshikhani

The things I listed were things that are catholic in nature not judaism, of which the apostles and Yeshua were following. To say that they would revere Mary the mother, to say that they would believe that the wine is turned actual blood and to drink it against the laws regarding blood, to say that baptism of infants was acceptable judaic thinking, is what I question.

Take the drinking of blood ...even Acts talks about that issue and states that the first messianic council in Jerusalem declared that everyone was to abstain from blood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mshikhani

May 16, 2007
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Talmidim,
The CoJ does not share the Protestant belief that you can only accept Mshikha and the Kingdom while you are alive. We believe those who are in Sheol can respond to the Gospel. What Rabban +Mar Andreos stated was that which was given by revelation to the Blessed Church, that such people did respond to the Gospel while in Sheol and thus have progressed spiritually.

In His love,
Mshikhani

These excerpts from faithboards.org, the official forum of the Church of Jerusalem. It is an article by His Excellency, Rabban +Mar Andreos, Secretary General of the Church of Jerusalem:

Upvote 0

Cheriann

Apr 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx. USA
✟7,960.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Revelation 20:5 " The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were complete. This is the first resurrection."

Revelation 20:13 " And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Luke 16:26 (in regards to the rich man and Lazarus)"And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us."(emphasis mine)

Matthew 11:23-24 " And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occured in Sodom which occured in you, it would have remained to this day.
Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgement, than for you."

Never once do I see where those dead were given a choice to change their minds while dead or in
Hades. I believe the saints talked about are those who died in the faith. That is to say, they believed in Ad-ni and the promise of Messiah (ot) or in Y'shua as Messiah (nt). But I don't see where it says that those of a false religion are given a second chance at getting it right. If that was the case why would it be urgent to repent now, we could just wait, you know have our fun, follow the religion we want or do the religion buffet, and then just say "oops, sorry I believe now" and all is forgiven. I think not.

Upvote 0

Cheriann

Apr 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx. USA
✟7,960.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Sorry, didn't mean to double post!!

Upvote 0

Cheriann

Apr 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx. USA
✟7,960.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
A lot of the things Messianic congregations do is not in line with Judaism. Does that make them Protestant?

We don't worship Mary, we honor Mary because you cannot claim to love the Son and dishonor His mother.

You say infant baptism is not Jewish. Well, neither is it Jewish to immerse in the name of any messiah, or even to require it as an act of internal conversion from someone who is already Jewish. So can I conclude that they are Protestant congregations?

I have no problem with the word Catholic. In fact, the oh-so-great discovery you claim to have made about our faith is stated there at the website for anyone to see. We are Catholic, in the sense that we are Universal. We are also Catholic in the sense that we are not Sola Scriptura. I have no problem with the word, I have a problem with your arrogance of trying to put us in a box after visiting our site for what 5 minutes?

As for your question concerning the Holy See, I'm sure you can find the answer at the website. I'm not interested in answering your questions, sorry.

Mshikhani
But you should be. If you believe that the doctrines of your Church are correct and true then you should feel obligated to share those truths with others. Aren't we taught to test everything according to G-d's Word? So if anyone seems to scrutinize or question your beliefs, why do you become so defensive? And not just defensive but angry. There are certain things in catholosism that go directly against the Word of G-d. Anyone trying to ascertain the truth is not necessarily against you per say.....
And is it you don't want to answer the question, or you don't know the answer. It's an honest question, I'm not being sarcastic. Please take no offense.
And one last note, Jonah didn't like the people G-d sent him to either.
Shalom

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mshikhani

May 16, 2007
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Cheriann,
Shalom!
Please see answers as follows:

But you should be. If you believe that the doctrines of your Church are correct and true then you should feel obligated to share those truths with others.

First of all, I WAS open to answering questions. But I am not here to be judged. I didn't come looking for a theological debate over the things I consider sacred. Unfortunately, I had been labeled, and judged, before I even had a chance to say anything about what I believe.

As for sharing with others, we are not the mass conversion type. We prefer that our actions and the way that we live our lives in Torah speak for us.

Aren't we taught to test everything according to G-d's Word? So if anyone seems to scrutinize or question your beliefs, why do you become so defensive?
Because it was not scrutiny, it was judgmentalism. No Scripture was even posted to talk about. My church's beliefs were posted, commented and trialed when I got here. I'm not going to participate in that, sorry.

And not just defensive but angry. There are certain things in catholosism that go directly against the Word of G-d. Anyone trying to ascertain the truth is not necessarily against you per say.....
And there you go again. You are judging. First of all, you have me labelled in a generic term called 'Catholic'. And I'm sorry to say but you have no idea what you're saying. If you take the Ethiopian Catholic church, it is completely different from the Roman Catholic church. All of the sudden just because we bear the name 'Catholic' we already have an avalanche of preconceived ideas being thrown at us. And besides, your remark is even disrespectful to the other catholics in the forum - which I believe is not a protestant-only forum.

And is it you don't want to answer the question, or you don't know the answer.
You don't actually believe I don't know who ore what the Holy See of my church is, now do you? If you actually paid attention to what I had posted rather than trying to judge my church, then you would have noticed that the question had already been answered.

Mshikhani

Upvote 0

Mshikhani

May 16, 2007
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The first couple of verses have nothing to do with the topic in question, whatsoever. We're not discussing resurrection.

The verse in Luke shouldn't be used for creating theology, since it's a parable. Or do you believe that dead in Sheol actually call out to the ones in Gan Eden to cool their tongues?

Even if we were to use it, it would by no means contradict what I had said before. The dead cannot by themselves cross to other levels of Sheol. That doesn't mean Alaha doesn't have the power to see that they have done tikun d'nefesh and place them elsewhere. Are you implying that Alaha doesn't have the power to do so?

Keep in mind that Mshikha preached to the dead in bondage. If you read Sefer Chanoch you'll understand precisely what +Mar Kepha was talking about.

I could also quote you other Scripture (such as Maccabees), but since you're a protestant messianic, your canon is probably different. So what use would there be in that?

Mshikhani

Revelation 20:5 " The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were complete. This is the first resurrection."

Revelation 20:13 " And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Luke 16:26 (in regards to the rich man and Lazarus)"And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us."(emphasis mine)

Matthew 11:23-24 " And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occured in Sodom which occured in you, it would have remained to this day.
Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgement, than for you."

Never once do I see where those dead were given a choice to change their minds while dead or in
Hades. I believe the saints talked about are those who died in the faith. That is to say, they believed in Ad-ni and the promise of Messiah (ot) or in Y'shua as Messiah (nt). But I don't see where it says that those of a false religion are given a second chance at getting it right. If that was the case why would it be urgent to repent now, we could just wait, you know have our fun, follow the religion we want or do the religion buffet, and then just say "oops, sorry I believe now" and all is forgiven. I think not.

Upvote 0

Cheriann

Apr 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx. USA
✟7,960.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The first couple of verses have nothing to do with the topic in question, whatsoever. We're not discussing resurrection.

The verse in Luke shouldn't be used for creating theology, since it's a parable. Or do you believe that dead in Sheol actually call out to the ones in Gan Eden to cool their tongues?

Even if we were to use it, it would by no means contradict what I had said before. The dead cannot by themselves cross to other levels of Sheol. That doesn't mean Alaha doesn't have the power to see that they have done tikun d'nefesh and place them elsewhere. Are you implying that Alaha doesn't have the power to do so?

Keep in mind that Mshikha preached to the dead in bondage. If you read Sefer Chanoch you'll understand precisely what +Mar Kepha was talking about.

I could also quote you other Scripture (such as Maccabees), but since you're a protestant messianic, your canon is probably different. So what use would there be in that?

Mshikhani
Then I apologize for my misunderstanding. I am not knowledgeable enough to post.(obviously) And shouldn't have. I have no pre-concieved judgements about you or anyone else. I meant no disrespect towards you or anyone else of any religion.
With that I bow out of this and further posts unless I have a specific question for the advancement of my knowledge of my walk with Him.
Sorry.
Shalom
Cheriann

Reactions: debi b
Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2011
✟7,702.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Here is the Principles from mshikhanim
1. Belief in the existence of the Creator, be He Blessed, who is perfect in every manner of existence and is the Primary Cause of all that exists.

2. The belief in God's absolute and unparalleled unity.

3. The belief in God's noncorporeality, nor that He will be affected by any physical occurrences, such as movement, or rest, or dwelling.

4. The belief in God's eternity.

5. The imperative to worship Him exclusively and no foreign false deities.

6. The belief that God communicates with man through prophecy.

7. The belief that the prophecy of Mosheh our teacher, peace be upon him, has priority.

8. The belief in the divine origin of the Torah.

9. The belief in the immutability of the Torah.

10. The belief in divine omniscience and providence.

11. The belief in divine reward and retribution.

12. The belief in the arrival of the Messiah and the messianic era.

13. The belief in the resurrection of the dead.

Our beliefs are from the Tanakh and the Brith Chadashah, which also contain the Limudah (Didache) as well as the Book of Presence, translated from the Paleo-Hebrew Scriptures.

God:
We believe that the presence of God can be found everywhere that there is peace, truth and light. The concept of God should not be limited by childhood indoctrination such as believing that God is in a far away or hard to reach place. God is near all those who call upon Him in every high and low corner of the earth.

Yeshua:

We believe that Yeshua ha' is the Son of God and that His demonstration while here on earth is a perfect example for all to follow. We believe that Yeshua was crucified and was resurrected on the third day.

We believe that the Blood of Yeshua on the Cross is redeeming and is a manifestation of God’s great love for His creation and that it can lead one to life free of sin. We additionally believe that Yeshua, as the one and only Son of God came to His own Israelite people and reached out to people of various cultures throughout history to deliver His message of love and redemption. As the Son, Yeshua is referred to as the Second Aspect of the One Godhead. The Apostles, disciples and family members of Messiah called Him by His Aramaic name because that was their language, thus His historically accurate Name is “Yeshua” (pronounced: “ye-shoo-ah”), although some religious organizations refer to Him as “Jesus”, which is not the historically accurate Name of our Lord.

Holy Scriptures:

We believe that what is commonly known as the Holy Scriptures, is the greatest of books ever written and that it serves as a guide for humankind. We believe that the record contained in the Scriptures is the message provided to humankind by God to know Him. God can be known in His own beautiful creation as well. There are millions of people that have never read a copy of the Scriptures and we believe that God loves them none the less. We refer to our Holy Book as the “Sefer Shakhynah”, or “Book of the Presence”.

Faith:

We believe Holy Spirit, being a part of the Godhead, is provided to all who have a heart of understanding and love. Regardless of one’s color, gender or social status, God is the God of all peoples and not of just a few. God’s love, light and life can be found by anyone willing to walk with Him. This same love was demonstrated by Yeshua 2,000 years ago and He embraces all those who pursue a life filled with love and peace according to His Word. Yeshua said that if we love Him, we must obey His Commandments.

Salvation:

We believe in the divine work of the Cross. All people have the opportunity of being brought into the Light of God through a process of spiritual growth granted to us by our Creator through His undeserved mercy. In other words, we believe that all people will have a chance afforded to them to be reconciled to God through the Sacrifice on the Cross and the subsequent resurrection.

World:

We believe that the world is in a dying state and that our purpose is to bring God’s Light to all those who wish to have a better way of life and to be comforted with His hope. It is the desire of the Assembly of Jerusalem to assist all peoples with the message of hope and love.

Inclusiveness:

All are welcome at the Yeshuan Assembly of Jerusalem. As a loving and embracing Assembly we accept all for membership regardless of age, gender, race, marital status or tradition in a faith-based community who wish to learn and live according to the Holy Book of God’s Word. Our purpose is to reflect the Divine Love of our Creator and not to judge based on any human criteria.

Mission:

We believe that Yeshua has commissioned His Assembly to go into the entire world and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them and teaching them to observe His Commandments. We believe that Yeshua has entrusted the stewardship of the Scriptures and the promised power of Holy Spirit for the work of evangelism. The Assembly, the entire body of Messiah, should witness against all forms of discrimination, economic injustice and all forms of human degradation.

Pillars:

We believe and adhere to the Three Pillars of the Faith as shown to us by Messiah and His Apostles in the first century, namely:

Holy Scripture - The Word of God
Holy Tradition - The Practices of the Assembly as founded by Yeshua
Holy Revelation - Prophetic Word given by Yeshua through His servants

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2011
✟7,702.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
God:
We believe that the presence of God can be found everywhere that there is peace, truth and light. The concept of God should not be limited by childhood indoctrination such as believing that God is in a far away or hard to reach place. God is near all those who call upon Him in every high and low corner of the earth. God is One and He makes Himself known to His people through the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Yeshua:
We believe that Yeshua is the Son of God and that His demonstration while here on earth is a perfect example for all to follow. We believe that Yeshua was crucified and was resurrected on the third day.

We believe that the Blood of Yeshua on the Cross is redeeming and is a manifestation of God's great love for His creation and that it can lead one to life free of sin. We additionally believe that Yeshua, as the one and only Son of God came to His own Israelite people and reached out to people of various cultures throughout history to deliver His message of love and redemption. As the Son, Yeshua is referred to as the Second Aspect, or Manifestation of the One Godhead. The Apostles, disciples and family members of Messiah called Him by His Aramaic name because that was their language, thus His historically accurate Name is "Yeshua" (pronounced: "ye-shoo-ah"), although some religious organizations refer to Him as "Jesus", which is not the historically accurate Name of our Lord.

Holy Scriptures:
We believe that what is commonly known as the Holy Scriptures, is the greatest of books ever written and that it serves as a guide for humankind. We believe that the record contained in the Scriptures is the message provided to humankind by God to know Him. God can be known in His own beautiful creation as well. There are millions of people that have never read a copy of the Scriptures and we believe that God loves them none the less. We refer to our Holy Book as the "Sefer Shakhynah", or "Book of the Presence".

Faith:
We believe Holy Spirit, being a part of the Godhead, is provided to all who have a heart of understanding and love. Regardless of one's color, gender or social status, God is the God of all peoples and not of just a few. God's love, light and life can be found by anyone willing to walk with Him. This same love was demonstrated by Yeshua 2,000 years ago and He embraces all those who pursue a life filled with love and peace according to His Word. Yeshua said that if we love Him, we must obey His Commandments.

Salvation:
We believe in the divine work of the Cross. All people have the opportunity of being brought into the Light of God through a process of spiritual growth granted to us by our Creator through His undeserved mercy and grace. In other words, we believe that all people will have a chance afforded to them to be reconciled to God through the Sacrifice on the Cross and the subsequent resurrection.

World:
We believe that the world is in a dying state and that our purpose is to bring God's Light to all those who wish to have a better way of life and to be comforted with His hope. It is the desire of the Assembly of Jerusalem to assist all peoples with the message of hope and love without judgment or prejudice. God's message is for all peoples regardless of age, gender, race, etc. Our purpose is to reflect the Divine Love of our Creator and not to judge based on any human criteria. We believe that Holy Spirit will teach those who wish to learn and live according to the Holy Book of God's Word.

Upvote 0