Southern US
✟394,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I hope you are being seen and treated by a really good psychiatrist who is an expert in managing ADHD. Some doctors just throw drugs at you like Adderol and I hope you find one who helps you with behavioral health options too and not just pure medication. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one thing to look into. As for the heard, you should be under expert care of a cardiologist. In Alabama, UAB is one of the best heart hospitals around. I have two cousins who are still alive 10 years since being diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so doctors can now do amazing things that were not possible 20 or 30 years ago.

Regardless of that, I will be praying for you.

• Prayers
Reactions: turbobull
Upvote 0

turbobull

Jul 29, 2021
Boston
✟15,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I hope you are being seen and treated by a really good psychiatrist who is an expert in managing ADHD. Some doctors just throw drugs at you like Adderol and I hope you find one who helps you with behavioral health options too and not just pure medication. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one thing to look into. As for the heard, you should be under expert care of a cardiologist. In Alabama, UAB is one of the best heart hospitals around. I have two cousins who are still alive 10 years since being diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so doctors can now do amazing things that were not possible 20 or 30 years ago.

Regardless of that, I will be praying for you.

Thank you for the prayers. I am not seeing any dr's. I booked a psychiatrist in may after I got a referral from my dr, but they don't have any openings until October. I think this has to do with the lockdowns as well, many people are not right, I am not the only one.

About the drugs, I've had three doctors say it's a no go for Adderall or stimulants because of my complexity. I have to manage by eating right. Cutting out process fillers and carbs makes a big difference.

I really just want to be rferred to a nuerologist who can give me answers. I'm 90% convinced it's brain damage but it manifests as adhd, depression, anxiety. The similarities between TBI and CHD are almost identical.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ask about telehealth consults especially if this virus situation gets worse. A lot of mental health services are being approved by BCBS via telehealth. You might need the first visit to be in person, but I know of people who haven't been in person in a year, yet do monthly telehealth appointments for things like anxiety and depression.

A good neurologist is not a bad idea just to be sure you don't have brain damage, but more likely than not they will just refer you to a psychiatrist. My son shadowed a neurologist as a pre-med and the neurologist told him that happens a lot, and he just refers them on to psychiatrists. But a neurologist can do things like EEGs and brain MRIs and SSEPs and such. And all the reflex and reaction screens.

Upvote 0