✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello all!

I'm having this thread here because I've found this to be a mostly peaceful forum.

Anyway, the idea of this is to discuss whatever similarities lie between Eastern Orthodoxy and Messianic Judaism.

The idea for this started when I stumbled upon a thread and was recommended on this page: http://www.christianforums.com/t5371515&page=5

We do know that a lot of things in Orthodoxy have Jewish roots. One example is the iconostasis. Basically, let's just sit back, relax and figure out what we have in common with each other.

I just ask that all posts are kept clean here.

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Monica child of God 1

strives to live eschatologically
Feb 4, 2005
✟9,473.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't get them..are they Jews or Christians? Or Jews who believe Jesus was the Messiah? But then wouldn;t that make them Christians? I don't know. I saw alot of pro Judaism in that thread...

Hopefully, if we are courteous, they will come and tell us.

M.

Upvote 0

repentant

Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.
Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that Christ is God? Or do Messianics believe differently?

K3.. The MJ posters at CF, are here in the Congregational area, and as such agreed to the same Nicene Creed you & I agreed to, to be allowed in the Christian Only areas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There has been a distinction made in MJ. Trinitarian MJ believe that Yeshua is God. Some MJ do not and they can only participate in CF MJ in OPEN threads.

Did you know my patron saint is St. Paul? Before he was converted to Christianity, he used to follow Orthodox Judaism and was a follower of the law and the traditions. That was before Christ appeared to Paul and converted him. :) :wave:

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you know my patron saint is St. Paul? Before he was converted to Christianity, he used to follow Orthodox Judaism and was a follower of the law and the traditions. That was before Christ appeared to Paul and converted him. :) :wave:

K3... They know who he is. last MJ service I went to, had an epistle reading & a Gospel reading. It was from an NIV bible, but ya can't have everything;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.