[Open Dr Who fan members] calling Dr Who fans (4)

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(P.S. I haven't seen the latest of Peter Capaldi because my family has to wait until they are on DVD/ Bluray.)
Just thought about this. By this, I didn't mean that I don't wanna hear spoilers. I just mean don't expect me to be able to keep up with the latest episodes.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you don't mind hearing spoilers ............................

I was watching Saturday's show from a hotel room and was coloring at the same time and I heard "Space". I replied with "The final frontier" (of course), and the voice on the TV replied with "The final frontier", also. At which point I had to look up at the TV, thinking it was a commercial for Star Trek, also shown on BBCAm, and it wasn't, it was Doctor Who. It completely floored me. LOL.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, if you don't mind hearing spoilers ............................

I was watching Saturday's show from a hotel room and was coloring at the same time and I heard "Space". I replied with "The final frontier" (of course), and the voice on the TV replied with "The final frontier", also. At which point I had to look up at the TV, thinking it was a commercial for Star Trek, also shown on BBCAm, and it wasn't, it was Doctor Who. It completely floored me. LOL.

As a Trekkie and a Whovian, I (along with my dad) recognized it instantly and I inwardly began squeeing. XD

Oxygen was such a tense episode and I found myself relating to Bill a lot.

That ending though, wow...

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Is it bad that I was actually pleased with that ending? The Doctor finally has to deal with a situation that puts him in a position of needing help from others (although he doesn't want to admit it). Even though it was his heroics that caused his problem, if he had listened to Nardole and stuck to his vow, he wouldn't have put his companions or himself in any danger (of course the episode wouldn't have happened and the people wouldn't have been saved, but still, he's breaking a vow because he's bored).
^I did not know how difficult it was to write about a specific thing without giving aways spoilers until I had started writing!^

• Agree
Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New dawn, good to see you as always, PK fox welcome to the doctor who thread

So light up you screwdriver, pull up a keyboard and do try the chips. Thoughts on the latest episode? ...just dont do random numbers...just in case. Pkfox spoilers

Anne y welcome back

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't care for the monks trilogy. It had some potential, but it had way too many flaws for me to overlook like I normally do because I enjoy the show so much. I really hated how the Doctor was "cured" it made no sense to me whatsoever, and was a let down. There were many other issues I had as well, but the majority of my gripes had to do with the last story. Overall it was pretty "blah" and I will probably skip those episodes the next time I rewatch the season.

I did enjoy this last episode with the Ice Warriors, it was nice to see them back again. My only issues were I wanted to understand more about how a bunch of Victorian era soldiers were able to repair a space ship, and why the deserter was allowed to remain in the army. But, otherwise it was a fun episode, finally off of Earth with familiar but not done-to-death aliens. I hope more of the older aliens start coming back (except Alpha Centuri, that high-pitched cyclops grates my nerves and its little cameo is hopefully all we'll see). The little movie references were amusing as well.

One of the reasons I like the Ice Warriors is because they always remind me of the second Doctor.. "Your leader will be angry if you kill me, uh...I'm a genius!" :graduation:

Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.