[Open Dr Who fan members] calling Dr Who fans (4)

Miss Tardis Blue

I have never met anyone who wasn't important
Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not sure if this is ok to post or not but David Tennant is good about returning things that are sent to him to be autographed. I sent the below pic for him to sign----the envelope I sent for him to send the pic back had the stamps of him and the TARDIS....so it was fun to see a letter in my mailbox from the Doctor =) fyi it takes many months for a reply but he does send one........

Attachments

• 232323232fp83232_ydnjthgqubwsnrcgu75_5_nu=7496_84__238_WSNRCG=44;6594284329nu0mrj.jpg
    232323232fp83232_ydnjthgqubwsnrcgu75_5_nu=7496_84__238_WSNRCG=44;6594284329nu0mrj.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Today Big Finish released their fourth (last) volume with John Hurt voicing the War Doctor. It's called Casualties of War and will be bittersweet to listen to him voice the new audio knowing he has already passed away.....

• Agree
Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Doc, Do you hear your Song is ending again, your time is almost up....

Yes seem to be going through regenerations like nobodies business lately, maybe I'll finally be ginger this time....still as long as I have the usual, arms, legs, decent earlobes can't complain.

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome Miss blue TARDIS to the Doctor Who thread on CF, pull up a screwdriver/pair of glasses and do try the chips!

Not really into the audio stories but read a few of the books. Recommend Lungbarrow if you can find a copy.

Hello and thank you----i think i would fancy a spot of tea----and maybe some fish fingers and custard.....definately not a pear...I hate pears....=)

Lungbarrow---I had to look it up....with the seventh doctor.....there are sooooo many books in print and audiobooks when adding up the classic and new years----it's like rediscovering the doctors all over again =)...

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have autographs of all the living Doctors (inc the late John Hurt) and a few of the companions from the old series. I got a nice letter from the 6the Doctor Colin Davison when I wrote to him as a kid.

Very nice =)...and very impressive to get them all and that you continued to keep the fandom from being a kid.....I was so sad to see John Hurt pass....there could have been so much more that he could have done beyond the anniversary episode....that's why i enjoyed the audio he did as the War Doctor....I enjoyed hearing his voice play the role.....

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes seem to be going through regenerations like nobodies business lately, maybe I'll finally be ginger this time....still as long as I have the usual, arms, legs, decent earlobes can't complain.

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
And maybe I will like the color of my kidneys next go around when i shed the attack eyebrows.....and maybe the ears will be less conspicuous than in the past.....maybe a return to sideburns or will again be a matchstick man?....and hands that don't constantly flap around and a hugging person.....or the days of the questionmark....or the ornamental celery....and the scarf.....I'm looking forward to "who" will be cast as the next doctor.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Tardis Blue

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't knock the scarf it came in very handy. Lungbarrow goes back to the Doctors family home and you learn a bit about his time before he was whisked away on gallifrey...though not much about his origins
Nope, never knock the scarf.....every doctor has his own "things" that make him fun and unique....and wow, I just looked at the price for "Lungbarrow" and used copies are over $200 on two different sites....

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow we are graced by the Michael Snow...welcome, it's an honour. Your step daughter has great taste.

Yes Lungbarrow is one of the more sought after stories. Cold Fusion featuring the 5th and 7th Doctor is another one I'd recommend. Corpse Marker is a fourth Doctor story I loved ...it was a sought of sequel to Robots of Death one of my earliest memories is watching this Fourth Doctor classic.

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello =) Anyone up to discussing season 10 that starts in two weeks?......

And Amazon video is making it available to watch each episode the day after it airs on BBC America....You don't need cable to watch it....and don't have to wait to watch it until it comes out on dvd at the end of December.....I already bought the season so that I don't have to worry about re-watching it multiple times during the week to catch any hidden things and to refresh before the finale....

I am looking forward to Bill and Nardole....I think Nardole is cool...I really like his character...He strikes me sort of like Wilfred Mott in that he is clearly not as "sharp or educated" as The Doctor----yet The Doctor clearly respects/needs them----Wilfred linking to Donna and Nardole to River----...And I wonder how they are going to play Nardole and Bill off with Missy....not a fan of Missy......and I read that the actress who plays Bill did not follow Doctor Who and has no clue what happened with previous Doctors or even Capaldi's episodes....and she was told to NOT watch any of it so that she would come across as learning what Doctor Who/The Doctor/The TARDIS at the same time as her character learned about them.....She first saw the inside of the TARDIS the day her character stepped into it for the first time and said the quote about it looking like a kitchen......A "fresh" companion compared to Clara knowing everything......And I sadly (yet curiously) wonder what is going to spark off Capaldi's regeneration.....

Upvote 0

MN John

Oct 23, 2005
Gallifrey to Trenzalore
✟30,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When will you get to watch the new episodes?
a) Have already seen them (I am Peter Capaldi)
b) Before broadcast (I work at the BBC)
c) Live broadcast on the Saturday they go out.
d) Same day but when broadcast overseas.
e) Within the week they are released.
f) Not for a long time.
g) Never

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MN John

Oct 23, 2005
Gallifrey to Trenzalore
✟30,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When will you get to watch the new episodes?
a) Have already seen them (I am Peter Capaldi)
b) Before broadcast (I work at the BBC)
c) Live broadcast on the Saturday they go out.
d) Same day but when broadcast overseas.
e) Within the week they are released.
f) Not for a long time.
g) Never

e. for me... I will record the BBCAmerica broadcast and watch it within a few days most weeks.

Upvote 0