[Open Dr Who fan members] calling Dr Who fans (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So I found the 4th season of Torchwood on Netflix, and after watching a marathon over last weekend, I am left wondering what it had to do with Torchwood except the name and, of course, Jack and Gwen. :scratch: I guess it would just be Jack's blood, but it confuses me why they didn't choose Superman's blood, or some other person who couldn't die. LOL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
C

.chrys.

I'm with you, Dawn--irked that they wasted a whole regeneration with a movie (one which not many liked). I don't recall them changing the number of times the Doctor might regenerate, though. Perhaps when he regenerated a single-hearted Doctor, or when he generated Jenny??

I am really not looking forward to the upcoming Yates movie. I saw a poll on msn.com the other day asking if Johnny Depp would make a good Doctor. I voted no!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't forget, Riversong gave up her remaining regenerations to save the Doctor. Right there tosses the old rulebook out the window.

Well she wasn't a true timelord anyways, (Or was Amy Cheating on Roy? )
Also she's still virtually alive anyways.

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's Kill Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Doctor finds himself too weak from the poison's effects to pilot the TARDIS to rescue his companions; River is inspired by the Doctor's sympathy, and finds herself guided by the TARDIS itself to pilot the ship, and rescues Amy and Rory in time. On returning to the café, the trio finds the Doctor near death; he asks River to find "River Song" and give her a message, then whispers something in her ear before he passes away. River, who at this point still only knows herself as Melody Pond, asks Amy who River Song is; Amy uses the Teselecta to show River her form stored in the robot's database of who she is to become. With this, River sacrifices her remaining regenerations to bring the Doctor back to life, and passes out.

From tardis.wikia

Regenerative cycle

Time Lords had a limited regenerative cycle of twelve regenerations, consisting of thirteen incarnations, after which they would suffer permanent death. (DW: The Deadly Assassin, Doctor Who) Time Lords could will themselves to die by regenerating when they had no more regenerations left to use, as Azmael chose to do. (DW: The Twin Dilemma) Rassilon apparently had physical reasons to impose this restriction. (BFA: Zagreus)
As with most such "rules" there were occasionally exceptions to the twelve regeneration limit. The High Council, offered the Master a new regenerative cycle if he rescued the various incarnation of the Doctor from the Death Zone. (DW: The Five Doctors) Although he did not receive this award on that occasion, during the Last Great Time War the Master was given the ability to regenerate at least once more. (DW: Utopia)
In his Eleventh incarnation, the Doctor claimed he could regenerate five hundred seven times. (SJA: Death of the Doctor) However whether the Doctor was speaking the truth is unknown.
Time Lords could be revived with regeneration energy. Doing this, Melody Pond (in her third incarnation) used up her remaining regenerations to save the Doctor's life and was hospitalised as a result. It is unknown if this act gave the Doctor her remaining regenerations. (DW: Let's Kill Hitler)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

.chrys.

Let's Kill Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Doctor finds himself too weak from the poison's effects to pilot the TARDIS to rescue his companions; River is inspired by the Doctor's sympathy, and finds herself guided by the TARDIS itself to pilot the ship, and rescues Amy and Rory in time. On returning to the café, the trio finds the Doctor near death; he asks River to find "River Song" and give her a message, then whispers something in her ear before he passes away. River, who at this point still only knows herself as Melody Pond, asks Amy who River Song is; Amy uses the Teselecta to show River her form stored in the robot's database of who she is to become. With this, River sacrifices her remaining regenerations to bring the Doctor back to life, and passes out.

From tardis.wikia

Regenerative cycle

Time Lords had a limited regenerative cycle of twelve regenerations, consisting of thirteen incarnations, after which they would suffer permanent death. (DW: The Deadly Assassin, Doctor Who) Time Lords could will themselves to die by regenerating when they had no more regenerations left to use, as Azmael chose to do. (DW: The Twin Dilemma) Rassilon apparently had physical reasons to impose this restriction. (BFA: Zagreus)
As with most such "rules" there were occasionally exceptions to the twelve regeneration limit. The High Council, offered the Master a new regenerative cycle if he rescued the various incarnation of the Doctor from the Death Zone. (DW: The Five Doctors) Although he did not receive this award on that occasion, during the Last Great Time War the Master was given the ability to regenerate at least once more. (DW: Utopia)
In his Eleventh incarnation, the Doctor claimed he could regenerate five hundred seven times. (SJA: Death of the Doctor) However whether the Doctor was speaking the truth is unknown.
Time Lords could be revived with regeneration energy. Doing this, Melody Pond (in her third incarnation) used up her remaining regenerations to save the Doctor's life and was hospitalised as a result. It is unknown if this act gave the Doctor her remaining regenerations. (DW: Let's Kill Hitler)
So, if there are 12 regenerations then there can be 13 incarnations per Time Lord. We are currently watching the 11th incarnation and there remains (at least) 2 more regenerations.

OR...
If River Song was able to give her remaining regenerations away, then it is possible that the Doctor has 12 more regenerations available (his 2 plus her remaining 10). If he has 12 more regenerations, then he still has 13 more incarnations available.

OR...
If the Doctor were speaking truthfully and there are 507 regenerations available to a Time Lord, then he has 497 regenerations available to use (and 498 incarnations remaining for us to watch).

OR...
If the Doctor were speaking truthfully and there are 507 regenerations available, AND it is possible that River Song was able to transfer hers to him, then he might have 1002 regenerations available (his 497 plus River's remaining 505) and 1003 incarnations left for us to watch.

I am hoping for the second possibility. That way it will still be available to produce new episodes well after my grandchildren are born!

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So how long tell they come out on DVD :)
_39743495_whoextradone203.jpg

A long-lost Dalek episode of Doctor Who has been returned to the BBC by an engineer who rescued the film from destruction in the early 1970s.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | BBC finds missing Dalek episode

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics