Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's both helpful and dangerous to emphasise works in salvation.
Obviously we are saved through nothing we have done; we are incapable of coming to the Lord. He has chosen his Elect and through the Spirit enables them to see the truth. Therefore it technically has nothing to do with works. See Ephesians. This gives us assurance of salvation. Those whom the Lord calls will remain his forever.

But some fall away from the faith and some shipwreck their faith ... We all reap what we sow so that God is not mocked

Do you think the Jews were blinded purposely by God ?....and do you believe God is obligated to save the Jews ?

Some believe all Jews are granted a place in the world to come regardless of what they say or do .... That is dangerous thinking ... That is as dangerous as Muslims thinking they will have 1000 virgins in death for jihad.. Reaping what you sow destroys that theory ...

God saved Israel from Egypt but then destroyed the rebellion in his camp

God has now saved the world through Christ but if we fall away then comes sore punishment...Hebrews 10:28-31

I do think that works are a good barometer of faith, and this is what I believe James is getting at. In other words your works are a sign of your standing before God; if you say you are a Christian, however don't do anything different from Joe Atheist down the street, one could doubt whether you have deluded yourself.

Yes I agree

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazrus

Dec 10, 2015
Not USA
✟15,555.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But some fall away from the faith and some shipwreck their faith ... We all reap what we sow so that God is not mocked

Do you think the Jews were blinded purposely by God ?....and do you believe God is obligated to save the Jews ?
Yes I do believe they were purposely blinded, and no I don't think God is obligated to save the Jews as a whole. Obviously some will and have become Christians, but this is the only pathway to salvation.

Some believe all Jews are granted a place in the world to come regardless of what they say or do .... That is dangerous thinking ...
It sure is!

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0