California
✟51,047.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m trying to find a church in my area, there is an OPC church I’ve gone to a couple times and really like. So far I’ve read the OPC’s handout on what the OPC church stands for, the long and short catechism, and the Westminster Abbey. Is there anything else OPC relevant I should read before I join?

HiredGoon

Old School Presbyterian
Dec 16, 2003
✟4,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually the new members/inquirer's class goes over things like the history of the OPC and that particular church, their doctrinal beliefs, etc. The elder leading it should be able to answer any questions. As a history grad student and OPC member I find the history of how the denomination was formed very interesting, and think that all members should have a basic understanding of this. The OPC website has a good page with info on Machen and the formation of the OPC.

Machen and the OPC

You might also be interested in looking through the Book of Church Order.

Upvote 0

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
And don't forget the Roman Abbey Road. St.s Paul, John, George and Ringo singing the Psalter in Italian. Very important.

;)

Okay Bradford - now I know you weren't kidding when you said on another thread you were going to have another beer... :eek:

Upvote 0