OOC: Temple of Praise

Twelve

If you give me a hand, I will help you hold on...
Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is the OOC for Temple of Praise (located in the All-Christian Realistic/Historic RPG forum).

In short, it is about musically talented people (hence the name Temple of Praise) bringing their church back to life. There may be non-music-related characters.

To join, PM me.

UPDATE: I'll be using this thread to post links or videos to the songs that will be used in the thread, if I can find them.

Last edited by a moderator:

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
my character

Name: Kirsten Montgomery
Personality: Stubborn, rebellious, often doubts her faith, loves youth conferences. She LOVES music, plays the piano, only a tiny bit of Clarinet, and she doesn’t consider herself a good vocalist. She does specials for church, but tries to keep it traditional and not bring it too up beat; otherwise she’s afraid that the congregation might be alarmed. When she’s not in school, it is most likely you will find a book in her hands and headphones on her ears – she’s not the most social when she’s like this, but without them, she’s quite the opposite. (scary. Hahaha) She’s easy to get along with, and usually outwardly content. She’s quietly disapproving when her parents gossip about others. She usually wears figure flattering clothes. She truly appreciates the nature around her, and has often confessed to God because of it.
Background: She’s gone church all her life, and such, never had a personal relationship with Christ, that is until she went to her first youth rally two years ago, when she was 15. Her parents don’t really fight, but she winces whenever her mom raises her voice – even if it’s not directed at her. She’s lived in the same town ever since she could remember, but she was told that they moved when she was a baby. When she was about 10, she started piano lessons, but after two years, because her original teacher moved she took two years off, before resuming them with another teacher.
Appearance:

Attachments

• SchoolGirl.jpg
    SchoolGirl.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow. You really thought that out. Post whenever you like.

Name: Chad (known as Chab by some)

History: Having been the youth pastor's son all his life, Chad knows the Bible better than most his age. From a very young age, and all through first grade, he would misspell his name; instead of writing 'Chad,' he would accidentally reverse the letter 'd,' and it became 'Chab.' Since, "Chab" was his nickname. He, his mother, and father moved overseas as missionaries, planning to stay only a month. Chad reached the age of 15 two weeks after they first left America. That same day, as his father was preaching, someone broke into the house that the church met in, and threatened the congregation. The man held a gun to Chad's mother's head, demanding she denounce her faith. When she refused, he shot and killed her. More than half of the church was killed before the man shot and killed himself. Being an only child, Chad was left with only his father, as they returned to the United States one week early, upon the church's insistence. Almost a year later, he and his father moved to Mountain View.

Physical Appearance: Chad is strongly built, having lived in several different countries as a missionary alongside his parents, building houses, carrying tons of food to places that needed it, playing with the native children, and other such things. He has dark gray eyes, and dark brown hair that almost appears black at times. His skin is rather tan due to long hours in the sun, though he is still distinguishably Caucasian.

Personality: Before the death of his mother, Chad was overall an optimistic person. Following her death, however, he fell into a depression in which he would not speak very often at all, or even read his Bible, which he tended to do oftentimes, indicated by his Bible's worn appearance. [to be continued]

Upvote 0

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We can't have this thread without having Testify to Love (by Avalon) somewhere in it.:) In case you haven't heard the song, I found a video of it, but it's while they're in concert, keep in mind. There's a bit of talking before they actually get to singing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0m30Zsdw8M4

Upvote 0

black2blu

WOW!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Visit site
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Name- Elizibeth Jamison(go's by Lizzy or E.J)

Age- 18

Gender-Female

Background- E.J's parents are workaholics and look down on her because she isn't as smart and perfect as her sister. But when she was 13 she ran away to live with her aunt Lexie in Mtn. View. Lexie was a D.J at the Firehouse(a club) and E.J would help her aunt and then finally got a job as a spinner. She still works as a spinner/D.J @ the Firehouse. But now attends church every Sunday and Wendsday and loves the people. But there is one problem she is excusively bipolar and gets in fights all the time at the club and has had the erge to knock some people out at church.

Physical Appearance-
music-jade.jpg

Personality- bold, hyper, and loud. also very sensitive and emotional but is very loved by every one that has a good sence of humor.

Crowd- dosn't run in the popular crowd and is built very well. she loves things to blow up and that is why her favorite class is chemistry.

Arts- singing, D.Jing, spinning, and break-dancing.

Upvote 0

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Black2blu, I'm not going to approve your profile as it is currently. I have some problems with it.

1. The pastor is terribly boring and has no sense of humor as far as anyone knows, unless your character attends a different church.

2. Your character seems too perfect. Could you specify some big flaws? Make her more realistic?

3. If she was loved by everyone she knew, her parents wouldn't look down on her, and she wouldn't have had reason to run away in the first place.

I don't mean to shoot down your ideas, but I'm going for a thread that is as realistic as possible, with completely normal people.

Upvote 0

Sapphiraleoht

I find my life when I lose it...
Aug 2, 2007
Missouri
✟8,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Name: Taylor (Called Nikki)

bio:Nikki is a very smart, sarcastic, clumsy person. She loves singing and art. She is not afraid to be herself. Nikki is a very religious person, and has gone to church all her life , she plays the flute and is learning to play the guitar. Nikki hates violence and gets very emotional at times.

app:
pop.jpg

Is that better, or do I need to add more details??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry. For some reason or another, the control panel wouldn't show this thread. That, coupled with the fact that I was gone most of July prevented me from approving your profile, Sapphiraleoht. Since black2blu has lost patience, and left, I suppose there's no point in approving her profile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums