OOC: Redwall - Fall of the Abbey

Twelve

If you give me a hand, I will help you hold on...
Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I searched for a Redwall thread, and found the previous one died a few months ago, so I decided to make a new one. As the title states, the Abbey "falls."

Vermin band together, and launch a massive attack that subdues the Abbey, and Redwall is taken over. A few will escape, alive. Others will be captured along with the Abbey. Beasts now must rise up against this force, and recapture the Abbey, as well as prevent the vermin from taking over any of the other strongholds, such as Salamandastron.

Originally, I intended to set the scenario and start on the day after the Abbey is captured, but to make things more interesting, I decided to start with the battle.

Standard CF RPG rules apply here.

You may only play as a species that was mentioned in the Redwall series; no foreign animals.

This is the OOC thread for Redwall: Fall of the Abbey, so if you have any questions about it, ask here.

Here's a map I found:

redwall-map

Last edited by a moderator:

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
[SIZE=-1]"The stories are known as the "Redwall" series, because they [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]centre around Redwall Abbey. The heroes are peace-loving mice, moles, shrews, squirrels, and their friends who exhibit human characteristics in a medieval setting. They face the dark side of the animal world, represented by rats, weasels, stoats, foxes, and their villain allies, in the day-to-day struggle of good versus evil, life versus death."

The characters also have accents and dialects, that often differ among species. If you aren't familiar with the accents of them all, then you might go with mouse, squirrel, or badger, which typically speak english. You could make a character with an accent other than that which was used in the Redwall series, but to stay faithful to the book, I recommend using the matching accent.
[/SIZE]

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I <3 Redwall....mind if I join? I have two characters from the other thread (no bios yet, but I can make those later, if you want):

Cazart: Fox, assassin
Catava: Fox, healer, Cazart's daughter

If you'd rather, I could also have a "non-vermin" character, though Catava was on the good side in the original thread.

Upvote 0

Quantum X

Legend
Oct 17, 2006
✟21,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
okay couldn't think of a mouseish name so I'm using one from an anime:p

Name: Rakshun

Thread: Redwall-Fall of the Abbey

Race: Mouse

Fur color: Gray.

Eye color: Emerald Green.

Intelligence: probably normal.

Personality: Kind, can be scared very easily.

History: Plz don't make me do this one... :swoon:....:doh:

Upvote 0

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
(Referring to Lessien) I'm not necessarily looking for any elaborate bios, myself, so you don't need to make one if you don't want to. I'm not too picky when it comes to characters.

(Referring to both of you)

Aye, sounds good to me. You can post whenever you like.:) I look forward to reading your posts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Renight

Veteran
Jan 13, 2006
Las Vegas
✟8,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Alrighty then...
Name: Jesir
Race: Snake, constrictor
Apperance:
http://www.xcalak.info/images/florafauna/boaconstrictor_l.jpg
Personality: While being young, still experianced. Has no scars and is a beautiful snake. Is not completely evil, but isn't a hero either.
(Decedent of snake in Redwall!)
By the way, what frame of redwall, before or after Mathias? Is he still alive? Childern?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I assume there should be a Badger Lord, but so far, no one has applied for the position. The Abbot is an NPC, as it stands, but that may change. I may do the same with the Badger Lord if nobody plays as him/her.

Anyone is allowed to play as major leaders--encouraged, actually, because the major leaders have a lot to do in the story, and I don't want to control them all. It would be hard controlling all of them; there's the Abbot, Badger Lord, Squirrel Queen, High Rhulain, Log-a-log, Sparra King/Queen, Warlords, and/or possibly Skipper of Otters (resides at Redwall). You may not be familiar with many, if any, of these positions, especially if you haven't read the books (I haven't read them all, myself.), but that isn't too big a problem. If you need some information on them, I'll tell you all you need to know about them for this thread.

The massive armies of vermin are enough to need more than the help of Salamandastron. Camp Willow (hidden fortress of otters) is a good destination, because it is hidden, and it is located in Mossflower, so it is quite close to the Abbey, and it would be best to visit it right away, or near the end of the story. The characters seem to have made up their minds about going to Salamandastron first, and that wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea--it would make the story more interesting, because it would be harder to reach Camp Willow near the end, since the vermin would pretty much control Mossflower by that time.

I'll try and see what I can do to bring in more players. I know there are more Redwall fans around here. I've got two people down on my to-do list, so far.

But anyway, I think Salamandastron should have a Badger Lord--maybe more than one, I don't know; whatever makes the story more interesting. Salamandastron needs at least one Badger, and if there is a Badger at Salamandastron, that Badger is bound to be Badger Lord. The Long Patrol will be fun--if not annoying--to have around on the (dare I say) 'quest.'

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I vote we have the Long Patrol--that would make the story more interesting. And since nobody seems to know about Camp Willow (I didn't even know about it until now), it would make more sense for the characters to visit it at the end of the story. Maybe by then the otters will have joined with Redwall. No telling.

And if the Badger Lord position is open, I'd love to take it!

Upvote 0

Twelve

Jun 19, 2007
[fill in the blank]
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure, you can take the position. Actually, I encourage it. :)

I didn't know about Camp Willow until recently, but apparently it was a secret headquarters used by what are now the ancestors of Redwallers during the time of the reign of Queen Tsarmina (I think she was a wildcat). I don't think that it was mentioned except in one book, but I think it would be interesting to fit it into this story.

Upvote 0