enroute
✟1,401,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Only sons and daughters of the Most High God will be resurrected in the FIRST resurrection.

1Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

https://support.biblegateway.com/en...et-permission-to-use-content-on-your-website-

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are 3 Resurrections in the Bible :
1st Resurrection : The resurrection of the dead in Christ from the church of early centuries, followed with the Rapture at the same time.
: 1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

2nd Resurrection 7 years later of those beheaded in the Grief Tribulation :
Rev 20:4 and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

3rd Resurrection 1000 years later, of all deceased mankind since the time of Adam:
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only sons and daughters of the Most High God will be resurrected in the FIRST resurrection.

Who are the sons and daughters of the Most High ?
The Jewish people and their Rabbi assumed they were the true chosen nation who inherited the kingdom of God and understood only those who were of their own country, nation, and religion, whom they were pleased to look upon as their friends. Others salute their brethren, and embrace those of their own party, and way, and opinion,
but we must study to conform ourselves to the example of our heavenly Father,

Matt 5:44 but I -- I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those accusing you falsely, and persecuting you,

46. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

Matt 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1Co 15:23  But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 

Joh 5:24  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (This is a spiritual resurrection from death to life.)

Joh 5:25  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 

Joh 5:26  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,

Joh 5:27  and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

Joh 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 

Joh 5:29  and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
 (This is the bodily resurrection from the dead.)

Joh 5:30  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me. 

Rev 11:18  The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1Co 15:23  But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 

Joh 5:24  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (This is a spiritual resurrection from death to life.)

Joh 5:25  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 

Joh 5:26  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,

Joh 5:27  and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

Joh 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 

Joh 5:29  and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
 (This is the bodily resurrection from the dead.)

Joh 5:30  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me. 

Rev 11:18  The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

You're in violation of CF policy. This thread is about the Sons and Daughters of God, not the resurrections.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

2Co 3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 
2Co 3:7  But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 
2Co 3:8  how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Joh 14:26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 

1Co 3:16  Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Gal 3:29  And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. 

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THIS is what I vehemently object to!
You make out that all Christians will be resurrected when Jesus comes, when the preceding 2 verses plainly say that only the martyrs will be resurrected and the rest of the dead must await the GWT judgement at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 20:4-6
Therefore; the 'dead in Christ' of 1 Thess 5:16 only refers to those killed for their faith. Making it out to be a general resurrection is a seriously wrong and will not happen.
I ask you to retract and correct your post and those 3 who 'liked' your post also need to think again.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,401,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You make out that all Christians will be resurrected when Jesus comes, when the preceding 2 verses plainly say that only the martyrs will be resurrected and the rest of the dead must await the GWT judgement at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 20:4-6
Therefore; the 'dead in Christ' of 1 Thess 5:16 only refers to those killed for their faith. Making it out to be a general resurrection is a seriously wrong and will not happen.
I ask you to retract and correct your post and those 3 who 'liked' your post also need to think again.

As much as I love you dear elder brother Keras. Here you are dead wrong. I do not have to retract the word of God. If you disagree, you are not disagreeing with me, but with God. ( :hug: Keras )

• Friendly
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As much as I love you dear elder brother Keras. Here you are dead wrong. I do not have to retract the word of God. If you disagree, you are not disagreeing with me, but with God. ( :hug: Keras )
Please do this for me; in this thread, write out in full the verses of Revelation 20:4-6.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,401,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Please do this for me; in this thread, write out in full the verses of Revelation 20:4-6.
It has already been posted.
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The dead in Christ are the sons/daughters of God. They are the first to be resurrected.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

ALL of God's people are resurrected on the day that Jesus comes. That's why the "rest of the dead" are doomed to the "second death". That's why it's called the "last" day. Because if you miss it, you've missed the boat. It's weeping and teeth gnashing time for them. There's not going to be a second chance at the GWT judgement at the end of the Millennium.

"Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed.

Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands.

They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

I don't think you're reading this correctly Keras. He sees the Saints to whom the authority to judge has just been given and then ALSO he looks around and sees the souls of those who had been beheaded... They ALL came to life with Christ to begin the thousand years.

This is the Pauline phase of judgement. ALL of the Saints are involved in it, NOT JUST those who had been beheaded during the great tribulation, but ALL of the Saints who've ever lived from history past are going to have some part to play in the judgement of ALL of the people who've ever lived from history past.

"Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?

John is just seeing the various groups in attendance, but we will ALL be there at the very same time. Like in Revelation 7 where the numberless multitude was standing around the throne with palm branches in their hands. Those that come out of the great tribulation are standing in a different group from the other Saints.

There are no Saints after the thousand years are finished that are included in the "rest of the dead" group. That's why it refers to them as the dead "standing" before the throne. It's like our phrase: "dead man walking" on his way to the electric chair. They have no chance, they missed the boat, the "last day" is lost for them.

Comprende?

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

OK, I thought again. And will now include myself with the "3" who "like" the OP.

Very much :)

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why not just do as I asked? Write out Revelation 20:4-6. Not too arduous is it?
ALL of God's people are resurrected on the day that Jesus comes. That's why the "rest of the dead" are doomed to the "second death". That's why it's called the "last" day. Because if you miss it, you've missed the boat. It's weeping and teeth gnashing time for them. There's not going to be a second chance at the GWT judgement at the end of the Millennium.
Obviously, you too have failed to read and understand Revelation 20:4-6, as well.
You bolden Also, at the start of the second sentence of verse 4. This is your addition to scripture, as the KJV just says; Then.... and my REB simply says: I saw the souls..... Shame on you.
Maybe Handmaid can manage it without making it suit any false interpretations.

Your contention that all Christians dead and alive, will be judged soon after Jesus Returns, conflicts with Revelation 20:12-17: the GWT Judgement, where the Book of Life is opened.
Only then
are all the people who have ever lived brought before God and those whose names are Written in the Book of Life, will be worthy to go into Eternity with God. Malachi 3:16-17

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
3rd Resurrection 1000 years later, of all deceased mankind since the time of Adam:
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

(emphasis mine)

It poses a syntactical problem to call them resurrected, which is what you assume from the fact that they are standing, only to repeatedly refer to them as dead. The verse, itself, suggests that they can be both dead and standing at the same time, but resurrection is fundamentally incompatible with the state of being dead. Dead men are being judged in this passage, and therefore no resurrection is suggested by the verse as far as you quoted it.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The dead in Christ are the sons/daughters of God. They are the first to be resurrected.

Joh 5:28  Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, (How many is "all" ?)

Joh 5:29  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 
(This is the bodily resurrection of "all" the dead.)

Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 
(It occurs at the judgment.)

When does this resurrection and judgment occur in the Book of Revelation?

Rev 11:15  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 
(The kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ "forever", at the 7th trumpet. Your Bible says the same thing.)

Rev 11:18  And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. (The text cannot be any clearer.)

The Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.
Attempts to force into a perfect chronology only produces confusion.

The resurrection of the dead in chapter 20 is the same resurrection in chapter 11.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,401,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You guys are not understanding that the dead in Christ will be raised at the rapture. I posted the verse that says they will be raised first and then we who are alive will be caught up together(raptured) with them to meet the Lord in the air. Keras I know you do not believe in the rapture. But I just love you anyway:hug: and hope you will be very pleasantly surprised:). There are several resurrections in the last days. And the one listed in revelation 20:4-6 is called first imho because it is the first after Jesus comes to rule. In the rapture dead and living are caught up together. I don't see how you guys can't see that. There will be people saved during the tribulation that will be beheaded, and /or die in some other way who will be resurrected, but they are not raptured. People do not have faith that holds that the pre-trib rapture will happen. But this thread is about the sons and daughters of God. They are the ones that will be raised at the rapture.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There will be people saved during the tribulation that will be beheaded, and /or die in some other way who will be resurrected, but they are not raptured.

Then what is this?

Rev 11:7  When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. 

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 

Rev 11:9  Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. 

Rev 11:10  And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. 

Rev 11:11  Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. 

Rev 11:12  And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they ascended to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies saw them.

They are killed.
Then they are resurrected back to life.
Then they ascend up to heaven in a cloud after hearing, "Come up here."

What would you call this sequence of events?

Remember that the time of the judgment of the dead is found at Revelation 11:18.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Keras I know you do not believe in the rapture. But I just love you anyway:hug: and hope you will be very pleasantly surprised:).
I will be pleasantly vindicated when the Lord carries out what He has said, thru His Prophets: that He will do. Those who have believed the teachings of man will be disappointed and shocked as their nice, easy way out beliefs do not happen.
Where are the Sons and Daughters of God, His holy people, during the last days? They will be in the holy Land, as Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7 plainly state. See you there!

Upvote 0