U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible, from Genesis to Revelation, so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. Paul said in Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15).

However, with all the various doctrines (teachings) it's hard to know which road to take. Many claim that it really doesn't matter saying, "you serve God your way and I'll serve God my way." Since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9). Some choose to rely on the wisdom of their pastor by putting his word above God's word. Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). Jesus warned us in Matthew 6:13, 14 that the road to salvation is straight and narrow and that only a few of us will find it. Many are traveling down the wrong road, which leads to destruction. This is because many of us have heard about salvation but few of us want to do what is necessary to get salvation (many are called but few are chosen). Many contend that Jesus did it all and now all we have to do is have faith. The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22).

DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD"(James 2:20).

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ephesians 2:8-9

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

I agree, but you have to understand what grace is. Now, Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrews 10:26, 27)

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
I agree, but you have to understand what grace is. Now, Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrews 10:26, 27)

Ummmm, nope.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Acts 16:30-31English Standard Version (ESV)

30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

I agree and of course, but that just one step. Now the captain of our faith says in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Understand brothers and sisters that the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, is included in the commandments as well.

Therefore, Jesus explains more in detail and what we see here is the following of the Ten Commandments. This includes the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week (Saturday). What ever else you read in the Bible, understand that this is concrete, cannot be overturn in no way. Pray for understanding and if something does not sound right or confusing in the Bible, the Lord may bless you with answers.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. In James (2: 17) it’s written...Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, "... KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).
True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. In James (2: 17) it’s written...Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, "... KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).
True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.

Thank God for the obedience of Christ.

Upvote 0

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
[FONT=&quot]You may not like this, but all the essentials of salvation are in God's hands: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Salvation is a matter of God calling us to salvation. (Romans 8:28,30; II Timothy 1:9)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Of being chosen by God. (Ephesians 1:4; II Thessalonians 2:13)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of being predestinated by God. (Romans 8:29; Ephesians 1:5,11)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God giving us faith. (Ephesians 2:8)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God giving us righteousness. (Isaiah 54:17; Romans 5:17; Philippians 3:9)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God granting us repentance. (Acts 11:18; Romans 2:4; II Timothy 2:25)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God drawing us to Christ. (John 6:44)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God granting us belief in Christ. (Acts 13:48;18:27; Philippians 1:29)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God sealing us with His spirit. (Ephesians 1:13)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God putting us in His church. (Acts 2:47)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God working in us. (Isaiah 26:12; Philippians 1:6; 2:13; Hebrews 13:21)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God keeping us. (Psalm 37:23-24; Proverbs 2:8; II Thessalonians 3:3; I Peter 1:5; Jude 24)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God saving us, through His grace and mercy. (II Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]....................................................................................[/FONT][/FONT]

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
[FONT=&quot]You may not like this, but all the essentials of salvation are in God's hands: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Salvation is a matter of God calling us to salvation. (Romans 8:28,30; II Timothy 1:9)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Of being chosen by God. (Ephesians 1:4; II Thessalonians 2:13)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of being predestinated by God. (Romans 8:29; Ephesians 1:5,11)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God giving us faith. (Ephesians 2:8)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God giving us righteousness. (Isaiah 54:17; Romans 5:17; Philippians 3:9)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God granting us repentance. (Acts 11:18; Romans 2:4; II Timothy 2:25)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God drawing us to Christ. (John 6:44)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God granting us belief in Christ. (Acts 13:48;18:27; Philippians 1:29)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God sealing us with His spirit. (Ephesians 1:13)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God putting us in His church. (Acts 2:47)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God working in us. (Isaiah 26:12; Philippians 1:6; 2:13; Hebrews 13:21)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God keeping us. (Psalm 37:23-24; Proverbs 2:8; II Thessalonians 3:3; I Peter 1:5; Jude 24)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of God saving us, through His grace and mercy. (II Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]....................................................................................[/FONT][/FONT]

I agree with the Bible, the word of God. But we have to put verses in there proper place. Pay close attention on this example and keep in mind this is after the death of christ. Lets go in Acts 5:17 Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation, 18 And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison. 19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, 20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life. 26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned. 27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. 29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. 31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them. 34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space; 40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
The high priest had the brothers beaten and wanted to kill them

Why? They preached in the name of JESUS. You also saw how the angel of the LORD saved them out of prison. When they were freed by the angel, what did they do? They went back into the temple and preached JESUS. After they were beaten, what did they do? Verse 41, And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for HIS name. This is what salvation is about and those days are coming again in the near future. Its more then Jesus dying on the cross, we have to work with our faith, teach the people, the word of God and follow his steps. Pay attention to what your reading in the Bible, the prophets, apostles, even Jesus, those who teach the true word of God are not really consider popular people. They stone them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree with the Bible, the word of God. But we have to put verses in there proper place. Pay close attention on this example and keep in mind this is after the death of christ. Lets go in Acts 5:17 Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation, 18 And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison. 19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, 20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life. 26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned. 27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. 29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. 31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them. 34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space; 40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
The high priest had the brothers beaten and wanted to kill them

Why? They preached in the name of JESUS. You also saw how the angel of the LORD saved them out of prison. When they were freed by the angel, what did they do? They went back into the temple and preached JESUS. After they were beaten, what did they do? Verse 41, And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for HIS name. This is what salvation is about and those days are coming again in the near future. Its more then Jesus dying on the cross, we have to work with our faith, teach the people, the word of God and follow his steps. Pay attention to what your reading in the Bible, the prophets, apostles, even Jesus, those who teach the true word of God are not really consider popular people. They stone them.

So you want something to do?
Here it is:
God has given us "the ministry of reconciliation" (II Corinthians 5:18-19), so spread the word!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.