• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Only hearing one voice

whois1230

Jul 10, 2017
Manchester
✟15,236.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia on November 2016. I'm a male in my early twenties. It started with the thought that my brother had drugged and raped me. Later, this turned out to be false. At the time I had bleeding hemorrhoids and I still have them, even though they don't bleed and are much less severe. Hemorrhoids can cause a lump-like feeling in the anus, and one night I woke up and had this feeling. That's when I had thought that my brother drugged and raped me, so I went upstairs and woke him up and then I asked him what he had done. He started pushing me and hitting the back of my head, I told him to stop twice, but he didn't. I then turned back and landed a couple of punches that almost knocked him out and then stopped, as I didn't want to hurt him badly. Then I went abroad to another country, where my mother lives(she has Bipolar disorder). I am now in good relations with my brother. We see each other almost daily on skype. And still, there are times when I'm not hearing anything, but all of a sudden I start hearing his voice again, when I'm at home.
I spent 110 days in a psychiatry. I'm taking a high dose antipsychotic(Quetiapine) - 1200mg daily. I've been on antipsychotics for more than six months and I visit a psychiatrist once a month. I can afford medication, as my health insurance covers it. I've tried some coping mechanisms, such as meditation and prayer, which I find helpful. I hear my brother's voice insulting me when I'm at home, even though we are in good relations and we live in 2 different countries

• Prayers
Reactions: HoleyHermit