Only have 50 dollars after bills, no job

Apr 24, 2015
✟8,386.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I will be paying my rent in 4 days, however, as it currently stands, I only have 50 dollars left in disposable income.

I recently left the sex industry a few days ago and I am trying not to be tempted to go back. I have no family support of any kind nor relatives that live nearby or any friends I could borrow money off of. I am a bookworm but for almost the past 2 weeks I've had the desire to read only the bible. I have read the entire book of job as I feel this book is most applicable to my situation (except I am in perfect health aside from my sanity being chipped away at)I have been praying a lot more and have tried to fast but failed. I am currently waiting in a temp agency but I feel that I'm at my breaking point. I have never held a regular job for over 3 months so work is very hard to come by.

I have a cell bill that is coming up on the 6th of March and my weekly metro will expire Wednesday. There is a friend off a friend that I occasionally do odd jobs for but he pays 12 an hour and the jobs are 2 hours each. I am very worried about paying for these two things.

As far as food goes I have been forced to ramen noodles and the value menu at fast food. To be honest I don't have much of a desire to live anymore. I've had a rough upbringing and got out of an abusive relationship prior to coming to NYC. I have begun to feel that it would be better to be dead rather than resort to begging, borrowing or risking my soul for sex work.

I am 23 and I really need prayers. I have applied to some jobs yesterday but I don't know what else to do. It's so hard not to be doubtful of god and I know turning from him was what brought me to the situation I'm in now.

Thanks!

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry for your plight, I know what it is to struggle in those ways. I will be praying for you but I would also like to let you know about Salvation Army. They do help when things get rough...food, job assistance, even rent help. It's worth a try. I know it sucks to be in your position, but it won't always be this way.

Salvation Army of Greater New York

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,017.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request and that you will meet these financial needs in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

Upvote 0

Joshua1987

Jun 10, 2015
✟17,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
WhisperingShadows,

praying you find employment, that you can get Loans or even Grants to get into school for a USEFUL degree...
Computers are a major field: Computer Science, Computer Repair (A+ certification), I.T. (Security+ certification, Cisco CCNA which is what I do, Juniper JNCIA), Microsoft Windows Server/Active Directory certs, Web Design, or the Programming side of things.

Fashion Industry, Food/Culinary, Fitness/Bio-Science, Administration, Accounting, Auto-Mechanic

Praying you find a Church that will be just what you need.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,021.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here is an off the wall thought. Have you considered joining the military? You can get free education that way, not to mention room and board and a pension some day. Well, whatever, I pray you will be led on the path just right for you. I pray for guidance, wisdom, hope, provision, peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will be paying my rent in 4 days, however, as it currently stands, I only have 50 dollars left in disposable income.

I recently left the sex industry a few days ago and I am trying not to be tempted to go back. I have no family support of any kind nor relatives that live nearby or any friends I could borrow money off of. I am a bookworm but for almost the past 2 weeks I've had the desire to read only the bible. I have read the entire book of job as I feel this book is most applicable to my situation (except I am in perfect health aside from my sanity being chipped away at)I have been praying a lot more and have tried to fast but failed. I am currently waiting in a temp agency but I feel that I'm at my breaking point. I have never held a regular job for over 3 months so work is very hard to come by.

I have a cell bill that is coming up on the 6th of March and my weekly metro will expire Wednesday. There is a friend off a friend that I occasionally do odd jobs for but he pays 12 an hour and the jobs are 2 hours each. I am very worried about paying for these two things.

As far as food goes I have been forced to ramen noodles and the value menu at fast food. To be honest I don't have much of a desire to live anymore. I've had a rough upbringing and got out of an abusive relationship prior to coming to NYC. I have begun to feel that it would be better to be dead rather than resort to begging, borrowing or risking my soul for sex work.

I am 23 and I really need prayers. I have applied to some jobs yesterday but I don't know what else to do. It's so hard not to be doubtful of god and I know turning from him was what brought me to the situation I'm in now.

Thanks!

Hello,

I've been there and know how the fear and anxiety can try to take over. First, let me give you a link on CF for People who have left or are leaving the sex industry. It is not very active at the moment but it might just take a nudge from someone joining or asking for help.

The next thing is I'll recommend what I did when we barely had any money for anything. I went to local churches and asked if they had any programs that could help us financially or any other way. One church gave us groceries for a month.

Then, I'd check the local social services offices to see if there are any grants or programs you could qualify for that would help you financially or with bills, etc.

Never undervalue the power of prayer to help you move closer to the Lord and help you get on your feet. Pray in gratitude but also asking the Lord to help you with your needs. The Lord always answers our prayers and helps with the things that are burdening us.

I'm praying for you as well and invite you to write on this thread. It is yours and I'll respond as long as you want to keep it active.

God bless you.

Faithfully,

Reactions: Linus
Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2015
✟8,386.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your responses. I am staying in nyc for the moment bc it at least has reliable mass transit and I have no license. The military is out since I don't have the best of mental health and it has been documented. I'm not going to college up here bc I've decided I wanted to go for a medical or technical illustration degree and no colleges here offer that. Plus schools are too expensive here.

I am back at the temp agency and there's a chance I might need to come back Monday. If that's the case I'll also be applying for government aid soon. They have cash assistance but I dunno how easy it'll be for me to get. I'm thinking of using Care.com (even though I can't seem to get verified) and possibly even posting an ad on Craigslist to make some money cat sitting (I don't mind dogs at all but I have less experience handling them) and maybe house sitting. Today and tomorrow I'll be applying for more jobs and I'll probably be calling in to a lot of places. At this point I feel I'm going to have to beg for a job or at least tell them my situation.

Tomorrow I am going to go to a church. Some girl handed a flyer for it. To be honest I'm skeptical about going bc I've never been helped out by a church when I really needed it and Im afraid of getting ignored or not helped.

Since my metro expires Wednesday I'm going to try to be very busy between now and Tuesday. I hope it doesn't have to resort to it, but after that point I'm going to have to resort to walking quite a distance within the Bronx and Harlem since I live close by.

I'm trying my best to keep hope but each day seems to be getting more abysmal. While I was on the bus the passage "the way to life is narrow and the path to destruction is broad" came to me via Holy Spirit. I understood what that message really means, but to be honest it's not helping me at the moment in the short term. I try to keep in mind that this life is not anything compared to eternity but not knowing what the future holds or how long I'll live gives me a lot of uncertainty. Sometimes I wonder what purpose exactly god has for me and why he's keeping me alive if I can even barely survive.

I'm a little worried that I'll still come up short no matter what I do and a voice keeps telling me "what if god lets you down and what if you end up in a shelter again"

The shelters here are full of horrendous ppl. Would it really be god's will to let me end up in a shelter?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,021.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You say the military is out because you have documented mental health issues. I don't know about the military, but do they have the right to access your health records without your permission. I'm also wondering if they do their own psychological screening.

If they can't get your records and YOU, after prayer, feel you could handle the military, then that's another issue. Just saying'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 24, 2015
✟8,386.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
The military really IS out of the question. Went to boot camp back in 2012 and some mental issues I had exacerbated. In other words, the environment broke me in the wrong way not to mention I could not physically handle the training and was failing every single test (no matter how hard I tried). Was separated for it and I highly doubt they will go through the trouble of putting me back in especially since I wouldn't have any special qualifications. There's still something though that will work out.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
May the Lord make a way for you, sister.

Many years ago I attended TSC for a season. One thing that impressed me was the community outreach they did. For two examples, Wilkerson started Teen Challenge, which is not relegated to teens, and the Walter Hoving Home, which is a half-way house slightly upstate for women leaving the sex trade and finding other fields of employment.

Another church not too far from TSC and along the same lines is the Brooklyn Tabernacle, which I would occasionally attend back in the day. It too had a lot of community outreach.

Maybe there is a church that could get you started in a new direction. May it be so. I wish the best for you.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2015
✟8,386.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Went to Heritage Baptist. For some reason as soon as I got there I started to get emotional but I held it back. I believe that happens to me when I sense the Holy Spirits presence. So that church is a keeper. I got some money which was helpful.

I'll be looking into govt aid tomorrow and seeing about Wotc (I am just now finding out about it. It's not widely advertised), which may possibly help me a lot.

I really liked the church. I talked with the pastors wife for a little over an hour, we prayed and read scripture. When I get back on my feet I definitely want to be able to give back. Nyc is definitely a spiritual black hole. Just recently learned that around 4% of population identifies as Christian. It's a different world when the 99.8% of people you're interacting with are unsaved, but I suppose this explains a lot of disgusting behaviors up here.

I've been applying to job after job now. I am prepared to eventually go to near by places on foot.

Upvote 0

polkaman

Jul 14, 2013
✟57,563.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Thanks!

Thanks!

Upvote 0