Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We has humans love to have connection with others, it's fundamental for the most part. There may be a few who can go without the connection. Though when you find someone seeking for a connection, and then try to be friendly with them, and they start unloading the truck on you about everything going on their life.

• What do you do? Tell them how you feel after listening, offer advice, even say have you looked towards God?

• What do you if someone, says they been baptized and saved, but it's hard to believe because of the way the world is today?

As someone who is aware of the psychological aspects, and aware of the mentality of others to a certain extent. It seems there are only a limited number of things you can say, and even try to be friends with them after they have unloaded all their burdens.

But if there is never any lee way or headway in helping them to change...

• Is it only God who can really make them change?

Even after having the knowledge of truth, it's up to a person to choose what they will do with it...

This happened to me the other night, and considering it is just a facebook friend, who has her own children, and husband... sometimes I dont feel like being my brothers keeper in what seems to be going in a toxic way...

• All of our mental health is important. God is the only one who can truly make someone change right? So just keep praying and maybe one day they will find relief from the suffering they are going through?

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My advice is not to give councel to a woman, especially a married woman. And if you were to give counsel to her in person it should be done with her husband present not alone. That is how affairs get started.

I'm not sure if you are single or married and that would also make a difference as well. If you are married does your wife know you are giving counseling to another woman ?

I see nothing but red flags with your OP.

Now if you are a Professional Counselor with a degree that is a different story.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nah as an "Almost Therapist" I will disagree. Lots of things can help or let people change. If you want to talk in terms of theology, sure I guess God is behind every success etc. as far Providence, mercy and grace goes but lots of little things help us change. Even something as simple as listening can make the difference in some people's lives, which is good news for introverts like myself.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This was something I blogged about years back... about my favorite person in the mental health field who was a bit of a Jedi Knight as far as psychiatrists go....

I See You’re a Carpenter (Putting Matthew 10:16 the subtly of serpents into practice)

Back sometime in the 50's in the land of Phoenix there lived a psychiatric patient who believed that he was Jesus Christ. He was a sad figure much like the legions of other delusional patients or the thousands of other people over the centuries who believed that very same thing about themselves. (Making claims at something they clearly were not).

And to make things worse, unlike his fellow comrades in the institution, this patient's condition was noticeably worsening. He would not take part in the other therapeutic activities and workshops of the hospital. Instead he would only preach and did so exceedingly loudly and gesture frantically with his hands, annoying the other patients, doctors, nurses and visitors.

But in the case of our subject, he was fortunate enough to live at a time when Milton Erickson also dwelt in the land, for Erickson was filled with far more wisdom and insight than his fellow psychiatrists.

On one of these occasions, Erickson ran across this fellow. But rather than try to argue or reason with the man that his beliefs were irrational he did something different…..

He immediately approached the man and told him that he had heard of him and said in a low voice looking intently at him "You have a special calling" and privately confided in him whispering to the man, "I will keep your secret identity secret". But then told the man loudly, "But as you are Christ, you are a very good carpenter. But you will need to work with these if you are to fulfill your calling".

And he placed a block of wood and piece of sand paper into that man's hands. And then instructed the man on making a book case in the hospital work shop (Because Erickson was in need of such a thing). And the man did indeed begin working as a carpenter and his conditioned improved and he stopped his previous erratic and annoying behavior. Furthermore, Erickson continued with him and used his personal contacts in the area to get him a job as a cabinet maker in a neighboring town. And that man was never seen again by the staff of the hospital.....

Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Women vent seeking validation of their pain or just wanting a listening ear and rarely for an advice.

In any case, it is always better to tread carefully and prayerfully when sharing sorrows between opposite gender esp. when a marriage is in equation. Moreover, No man is ever equipped to carry the load of the other person entirely.

May be you should subtly divert her towards God or to her own God given strength to figure out a solution to improve her situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0