Only a fool has no fear

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet there is no fear at all in Perfect Love..... (yes, it is R A R E, and unworldly)....

as <rarely> seen also in children who were not taught to fear so many things, nor anything, but raised in the way they should go... honestly , with truth and love and trust instead of deceit and not love and not trust.

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Yet there is no fear at all in Perfect Love..... (yes, it is R A R E, and unworldly)....

as <rarely> seen also in children who were not taught to fear so many things, nor anything, but raised in the way they should go... honestly , with truth and love and trust instead of deceit and not love and not trust.
Like I said "Only a fool has no fear"

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I was to think of one thing that has kept me from falling into mortal danger, it would have to be stopping still when fear hit me.

"Stop! And think" Fear says.
What if you are misunderstanding fear with respect?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes - "fool for Christ" was my very first thought upon reading the op earlier....

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are wise ...
1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are honored, but we are dishonored.
Weymouth New Testament We, for Christ's sake, are labeled as "foolish"; you, as Christians, are men of shrewd intelligence. We are mere weaklings: you are strong. You are in high repute: we are outcasts. World English Bible We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You have honor, but we have ...

------------------------
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness ...

https://biblehub.com › 1_corinthians

For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us ... I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to ...
1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV · ‎1 Corinthians 1:18 NLT · ‎1 Corinthians 1:18 NASB

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives ...
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. The one who fears has not been perfected in love.
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love. Aramaic Bible in Plain English There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear is by suspicion, but he who fears is not grown up in love. GOD'S WORD® Translation No fear exists where his love is.

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes - "fool for Christ" was my very first thought upon reading the op earlier....

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are wise ...
1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are honored, but we are dishonored.
Weymouth New Testament We, for Christ's sake, are labeled as "foolish"; you, as Christians, are men of shrewd intelligence. We are mere weaklings: you are strong. You are in high repute: we are outcasts. World English Bible We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You have honor, but we have ...

------------------------
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness ...

https://biblehub.com › 1_corinthians

For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us ... I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to ...
1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV · ‎1 Corinthians 1:18 NLT · ‎1 Corinthians 1:18 NASB
Yes, Christian's are so very foolish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we all know fear when it comes :)
Then maybe you need to be perfected in love? Its so important for a Christian to eventually transition from fear to respect. Then you find rest for your soul; peace with God. You don't do things out fear, you don't do them because that's not who you are, that's not your identity in Christ. When you understand that, it becomes easy to resist the devil.

One time a person said she heard someone else was plotting something against a family member. She said she heard the person say she was going to call people to make a group to go against that family member. But then the woman making the plot said something along the lines of, "Everyone, except Dee (me), she won't cave". You have no idea how happy I was to hear that.

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Then maybe you need to be perfected in love? Its so important for a Christian to eventually transition from fear to respect. Then you find rest for your soul; peace with God. You don't do things out fear, you don't do them because that's not who you are, that's not your identity in Christ. When you understand that, it becomes easy to resist the devil.

One time a person said she heard someone else was plotting something against a family member. She said she heard the person say she was going to call people to make a group to go against that family member. But then the woman making the plot said something along the lines of, "Everyone, except Dee (me), she won't cave". You have no idea how happy I was to hear that.
Now you're putting words in my mouth that I never said. You can't do thing's out of fear, because fear is telling you to stop and think. If you don't listen to what fear says, you run a high risk of serious danger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Not so.

Why does a thief fear of getting caught?
Because he/she is risking their life. Fear always comes first before you start down a dangerous path, then stays a while after so you'll learn not to return the same way.

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
I have got myself into many dangerous situations throughout my 69 years on this planet as I don't have enough fear.
I think the reason people get into a lot of trouble is due to the fact that fear is a very potent experience, that many people fight off. People tend to treat fear as a sickness, and they don't consider that it's there to protect them.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Because he/she is risking their life. Fear always comes first before you start down a dangerous path, then stays a while after so you'll learn not to return the same way.

It is a wonder everyone gets up out of bed in the morning.

Because........you never know, you dont know what will hit you.

Upvote 0