xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have social anxiety. Im seeing a doctor about it.
You get over anxiety by addressing the issue that gets to you. I had anxiety about death for a long time. So I addressed it. Prayed to God all the time about it. Now it is a powerful part of my faith. Also helps not to do things that could cause anxiety, like drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol, and to deal with things in a healthy manner. After all, you said it yourself, you are going to see people about your anxiety about people. People are typically afraid to go to church, because they already know what the Spirit is urging them to do, which is repent. Are you doing something that isn't necessarily "on par" with Christian living?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
As i was meditating on my dilemma, the answer came to me. :) Praise the Lord.

Back in 2010 I received an unusual personal message from a good and longtime friend of my wife from Ecuador. In 2012 I finally got a word by word translation of that message in English....... I still had many questions about the message. i posted it here to ChristianForums... .and within two or three months I had explanations for the message.

I am certain that if I had not posted the message to ChristianForums and asked for prayer..... that I still might be wondering what that unusual message might have meant.

If you are curious.... I can probably find the discussion from back in 2012. Yes.... online discussion forums of this nature are another important open door that have been given to us at this time when this verse is being fulfilled:

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, i follow the Lord.

I only need to see my doctor every 3 months.
Ok. While I don't discredit medical professionals (as I am no doctor nor professional medical discreditor), it is helpful to know that drugs (even prescriptions) will not SOLVE the underlying issue. They merely alleviate the symptoms and allow you to function. Though I am not saying they will, sometimes they can make things worse and lead to a never ending cycle of relying on said drugs. Contrary to popular belief, many problems are, in fact, spiritual battles. I only mean to help you rely on the Lord for your strength and healing. I googled social anxiety, this was the first response : Social anxiety is the fear of social situations that involve interaction with other people. You could say social anxiety is the fear and anxiety of being negatively judged and evaluated by other people. It is a pervasive disorder and causes anxiety and fear in most all areas of a person's life.
It makes sense why you wouldn't go to church. You have a problem dealing with sin and accepting responsibility for it. Everyone is a sinner. We are saved by grace and mercy. I have a dark past myself, I felt the same way for a long time. I didn't go to church for that very reason. Now, it is a strength that God has given me, to know he has taken those things, and I use it as testimony to glorify him and what he can do. He gives us a spirit of power, not fear.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Back in 2010 I received an unusual personal message from a good and longtime friend of my wife from Ecuador. In 2012 I finally got a word by word translation of that message in English....... I still had many questions about the message. i posted it here to ChristianForums... .and within two or three months I had explanations for the message.

I am certain that if I had not posted the message to ChristianForums and asked for prayer..... that I still might be wondering what that unusual message might have meant.

If you are curious.... I can probably find the discussion from back in 2012. Yes.... online discussion forums of this nature are another important open door that have been given to us at this time when this verse is being fulfilled:

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Its actually quite amazing that we have so much bible software and websites, along with online fellowship, at our fingertips

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Its actually quite amazing that we have so much bible software and websites, along with online fellowship, at our fingertips

So true......
and questions that I have asked online I have gotten answers to within days.....
that I am sure would have taken years....... if I had not went online with what was concerning me.

Here is an example of me trying my best to get more Christians thinking about a phenomena that I personally believe.... can play a huge role in a massive latter day awakening of the BRide of Messiah:

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, im at peace with myself. I wish i could do more for the Lord however. Perhaps soon i will.

Don't under estimate the power of going through the open door of the internet.......

Here is a youtube video that as of today has 158 views.......
but I love how he is using humor to reach out to Atheists......
he was a former ATheist himself..... so by giving the link to his video I may be able to assist him to reach a significantly larger audience......

The fact that the title of his message is controversial could cause this to go relatively viral..... and could help a lot of people.

Why Would Any Woman Be A Christian? Answering Atheists

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

catherine777

Researcher of NAR movement
Jul 13, 2006
Estonia
Visit site
✟8,495.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have about 8 years livestreamed one particular church from Corinth TX whom leader God gave vision to gather together those scattered sheeps. Yes i keep contact with similar mind believers in my home town and sometimes attend locally too but in general this live streaming option works for me better as i am introvert, bit social phobic and so on. I can be just i am when i listen watch it. Sometimes i am in middle of road travelling from one point to another and listening it. It is my church to go.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im wanting to get opinions on our online fellowship. What do you think of it? Does it help you? How? Please do not debate Church attendance verses online fellowship. That's off topic. Thank you.
I do like it.

Is it off topic to say online fellowship should be supplementary and not the primary form of fellowship?

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have social anxiety. Im seeing a doctor about it.
Fyi, .......

In normal people, their brains begin to secrete more stimulating neurotransmitters when the sun rises in the morning(=triggered by light sensors in the eyes), eg serotonin, dopamine, adrenaline, acetyl choline, etc which serve to elevate mood, improve mental concentration, alertness, increase energy level and muscle strength, etc, in order to prepare the body for a day of physical activity to earn their livelihood(=in ancient times, it was farming, hunting, fishing, etc) or to start the work-day.
.......Conversely, their brains begin to secrete more sedating neurotransmitters when the sun sets at night, eg GABA, endorphin(=painkiller and anti-depressant), melatonin(=sleepiness), etc; which serve to slow down(=inhibit) and calm the mind, relax the muscles, numb down any pain/depression, etc, in order to prepare the body for a night of restful sleep.

Psychotropic drugs are artificial analogues of these natural neuroT's produced by the brain, ie drugs mimic neuroT's. Alcohol, heroin, morphine, oxycodone(=opiod painkiller), anxiolytics/sleeping pills, anesthetics, etc are sedatives. Caffeine, nicotine, methamphetamine/ice, cocaine, etc are stimulants.
.......Such artificial drugs cause tempting emotions of euphoria or total calmness and addiction/dependency when they are wrongly and excessively used. Eg Opiod painkillers, anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills should be taken at the prescribed dosage and for not more than 3 weeks.

Also, children of alcoholics(and/or drug-addicts) will inherit alcoholism(= born with altered or damaged DNA/brains, eg crack-babies and meth-babies) and will grow up to experience the associated withdrawal symptoms = abnormal or defective personality. The withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism are symptoms of an over-active, uncalm and over-sensitive brain = nervousness/anxieties, sweaty palms, muscle tics, over-thinking, difficulty falling asleep/insomnia, paranoia, delusions, etc.

This is bc alcohol(and also prescription anxiolytics, depressant, sleeping pills, etc) works by slowing down brain activity, calming the person, relaxing muscles and numbing pain, resulting in sedation, anxiolysis, mental relaxation, elimination of social inhibition, slowed muscle coordination, painlessness, etc.
.......Over-consumption of alcohol result in drunkenness(=brain becomes too slow and too calm) and eventually a comatosed sleep(brain activity stopped) and waking up with hangover headaches.

Alcohol, being an analogue of the brain's own naturally-produced neuroT's(=GABA, endorphin, melatonin, etc). When consumed daily and long term(= more than 1 month), it will result in the brain stopping the production of its own neuroTs = the body's/brain's negative-feedback response system. This results in addiction or dependency, ie the altered/damaged-brain requires alcohol in order to function normally.

Once addicted, alcoholics or the descendants of alcoholics(or drug-addicts) should remain on a maintenance dose of alcohol or anxiolytic pills, in order to stave off the terrible withdrawal symptoms(= Delirium Tremens). This is similar to a Type2 diabetic, who has damaged pancreas, being "addicted/dependent" on daily doses of life-sustaining insulin to survive for the rest of his/her life, in order for the body to function normally, wrt blood glucose level; if not...

The other alternative is for the alcoholics to keep themselves off alcohol and become social recluse since their brains cannot function normally without alcohol. Their life will be filled with withdrawal symptoms, eg an uncalm and over-active mind(= nervousness/anxiety).

Often, alcoholics and drug addicts may replace their addiction with another addictive drug like prescription pills, nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, etc, which is not the same as being really cured of addiction or being fully rehabilitated.

Bear in mind that the average adult body eliminates alcohol at a constant rate of about 30ml per hour. What does this mean.?
.......1 bottle of red wine(=750ml at 13% concentration of alcohol) has about 90ml of alcohol. Drinking 1 bottle of wine at 1 go will leave the body with more than 60ml of alcohol in the bloodstream during the 1st hour. This enhances the calming or sedating effects of alcohol that has been consumed, compared to just drinking 2 glasses of red wine(=no kick). That is why many alcoholics go for binge-drinking, in order to get more "bang"(effects) out of it, ie drinking 2-3 bottles of beer at one sitting.

The body's natural Fight-or-Flight response can also affect normal people, addicts and the descendants of addicts, depending on their life choices, ie may result in Bipolar Disorder or cycles of mania and depression, if they choose an outgoing lifestyle and job description.
.......This naturally built-in F-o-F response is to cater for emergency situations, eg stumbling upon a tiger while hunting in the jungle. This response enables the person to either flee from or fight off the tiger by giving him/her superhuman-strength, -energy, -concentration, -confidence, -painlessness, -alertness, -elevated mood, -etc.

If used smartly and judiciously(=no over-consumption), alcoholics, drug-addicts and smokers can live quite long, eg Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, etc.. Suddenly, skipping the prescribed medication or going cold turkey on drugs/alcohol may be more risky and/or life-threatening, eg make rash life decisions, brain haemorrhage/stroke or heart failure.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
it's morning, fellowshippers, and a cold one. God continue to care for our vets, especially the homeless vets who were most likely trying to find a way to keep warm last night (and today). Thanksgiving is approaching. As it does, consider finding a homeless vet on Thanksgiving, and get them connected to a place that will minister to them, find out their name, pray for them, or at the very least, take them a plate of Thanksgiving food.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
........and G'mornin' peoples!!!! A very BLESSED day to each of you and may the joy of the Lord be our strength today.

And remember....God loves us inexplicably, wherever we are. Now bless God's heart, and go find someone to bless today.

gifts_5.jpg

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do like it.

Is it off topic to say online fellowship should be supplementary and not the primary form of fellowship?
The reason its off topic is because i wanted to discuss online fellowship without people arguing that its not true fellowship

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fyi, .......

In normal people, their brains begin to secrete more stimulating neurotransmitters when the sun rises in the morning(=triggered by light sensors in the eyes), eg serotonin, dopamine, adrenaline, acetyl choline, etc which serve to elevate mood, improve mental concentration, alertness, increase energy level and muscle strength, etc, in order to prepare the body for a day of physical activity to earn their livelihood(=in ancient times, it was farming, hunting, fishing, etc) or to start the work-day.
.......Conversely, their brains begin to secrete more sedating neurotransmitters when the sun sets at night, eg GABA, endorphin(=painkiller and anti-depressant), melatonin(=sleepiness), etc; which serve to slow down(=inhibit) and calm the mind, relax the muscles, numb down any pain/depression, etc, in order to prepare the body for a night of restful sleep.

Psychotropic drugs are artificial analogues of these natural neuroT's produced by the brain, ie drugs mimic neuroT's. Alcohol, heroin, morphine, oxycodone(=opiod painkiller), anxiolytics/sleeping pills, anesthetics, etc are sedatives. Caffeine, nicotine, methamphetamine/ice, cocaine, etc are stimulants.
.......Such artificial drugs cause tempting emotions of euphoria or total calmness and addiction/dependency when they are wrongly and excessively used. Eg Opiod painkillers, anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills should be taken at the prescribed dosage and for not more than 3 weeks.

Also, children of alcoholics(and/or drug-addicts) will inherit alcoholism(= born with altered or damaged DNA/brains, eg crack-babies and meth-babies) and will grow up to experience the associated withdrawal symptoms = abnormal or defective personality. The withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism are symptoms of an over-active, uncalm and over-sensitive brain = nervousness/anxieties, sweaty palms, muscle tics, over-thinking, difficulty falling asleep/insomnia, paranoia, delusions, etc.

This is bc alcohol(and also prescription anxiolytics, depressant, sleeping pills, etc) works by slowing down brain activity, calming the person, relaxing muscles and numbing pain, resulting in sedation, anxiolysis, mental relaxation, elimination of social inhibition, slowed muscle coordination, painlessness, etc.
.......Over-consumption of alcohol result in drunkenness(=brain becomes too slow and too calm) and eventually a comatosed sleep(brain activity stopped) and waking up with hangover headaches.

Alcohol, being an analogue of the brain's own naturally-produced neuroT's(=GABA, endorphin, melatonin, etc). When consumed daily and long term(= more than 1 month), it will result in the brain stopping the production of its own neuroTs = the body's/brain's negative-feedback response system. This results in addiction or dependency, ie the altered/damaged-brain requires alcohol in order to function normally.

Once addicted, alcoholics or the descendants of alcoholics(or drug-addicts) should remain on a maintenance dose of alcohol or anxiolytic pills, in order to stave off the terrible withdrawal symptoms(= Delirium Tremens). This is similar to a Type2 diabetic, who has damaged pancreas, being "addicted/dependent" on daily doses of life-sustaining insulin to survive for the rest of his/her life, in order for the body to function normally, wrt blood glucose level; if not...

The other alternative is for the alcoholics to keep themselves off alcohol and become social recluse since their brains cannot function normally without alcohol. Their life will be filled with withdrawal symptoms, eg an uncalm and over-active mind(= nervousness/anxiety).

Often, alcoholics and drug addicts may replace their addiction with another addictive drug like prescription pills, nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, etc, which is not the same as being really cured of addiction or being fully rehabilitated.

Bear in mind that the average adult body eliminates alcohol at a constant rate of about 30ml per hour. What does this mean.?
.......1 bottle of red wine(=750ml at 13% concentration of alcohol) has about 90ml of alcohol. Drinking 1 bottle of wine at 1 go will leave the body with more than 60ml of alcohol in the bloodstream during the 1st hour. This enhances the calming or sedating effects of alcohol that has been consumed, compared to just drinking 2 glasses of red wine(=no kick). That is why many alcoholics go for binge-drinking, in order to get more "bang"(effects) out of it, ie drinking 2-3 bottles of beer at one sitting.

The body's natural Fight-or-Flight response can also affect normal people, addicts and the descendants of addicts, depending on their life choices, ie may result in Bipolar Disorder or cycles of mania and depression, if they choose an outgoing lifestyle and job description.
.......This naturally built-in F-o-F response is to cater for emergency situations, eg stumbling upon a tiger while hunting in the jungle. This response enables the person to either flee from or fight off the tiger by giving him/her superhuman-strength, -energy, -concentration, -confidence, -painlessness, -alertness, -elevated mood, -etc.

If used smartly and judiciously(=no over-consumption), alcoholics, drug-addicts and smokers can live quite long, eg Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, etc.. Suddenly, skipping the prescribed medication or going cold turkey on drugs/alcohol may be more risky and/or life-threatening, eg make rash life decisions, brain haemorrhage/stroke or heart failure.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
........and G'mornin' peoples!!!! A very BLESSED day to each of you and may the joy of the Lord be our strength today.

And remember....God loves us inexplicably, wherever we are. Now bless God's heart, and go find someone to bless today.

gifts_5.jpg
Good morning brinny.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0