• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Online Communities Based in our Aussie Yard

Discussion in 'Australian & New Zealand' started by Aryne09837, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Aryne09837

Aryne09837 New Member

+17
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    Since the whole world had been grappled with COVID :sigh: It has been difficult for me to go out. It brings a lot of anxiety really :sigh: . But really do want to connect with people who are also strengthening their connection and relationship with God despite it all.

I am just wondering what are people doing nowadays to keep up their connection with God?

Totally be great if you guys know any online space located in Australia that maybe I can connect with ^_^:oldthumbsup:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,346
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I'm blessed to share a home with another believer. We have good fellowship every day. I also get on the forum most days. It's not ideal but the best we can do right now.

3. Aryne09837

Aryne09837 New Member

+17
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    That is so amazing! :clap: What sort of things would you say would be doing in terms of strengthening your connection with God.

4. Aussie Pete

+4,346
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    First up we ensure that we have our own time with the Lord, morning and evening. We talk about issues that come up and pray about them. We have a time of praise and worship every evening. We have the bread and wine Sunday morning.

Studying God's word is vital. It's much more than trying to get an education. It is food for our spirit man. We need God's word as much as we need to eat. In normal times, we go for drives and other outings. We also have our own space so we don't drive each other crazy. We are in Melbourne so the restrictions are quite harsh.

5. Aryne09837

Aryne09837 New Member

+17
    Australia
    Christian
    Private

6. Aussie Pete

+4,346
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    How amazing! So does that mean that you and your housemate would have studied the Bible then to be able to understand in such a way

Yes. I've read a lot of good books also. I highly recommend Watchman Nee and Andrew Murray. I had the great privilege to have been associated with a man who mentored me for 30 years. He is now with the Lord. I was a basket case when I met him and he led me through times that I was not sure that I would survive. He produced a web site that I now look after, www.christianlife.org.au

He did not even put his name to what he wrote. He sought the Kingdom of God and to glorify the Lord Jesus, not himself. I've met my housemate at the same time as I met my mentor. You could say that spiritually we grew up together.