United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Hello,

Is it okay to have an online Church instead of going to a local Church?
I do follow a few online Churches.

Also I do follow Premier Christian Radio, which is a community of Christian listener, and they do service on the radio every Sunday.

Is that sufficient for being a member of a Church?

Regards,
L

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Online is better than no church at all - but attending in person , making friends, joining a Bible study group or participating with those friends in gospel out reach is best. Those friends can also be of help when you face some of life's challenges and need a Christian friends to support your efforts.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

Is it okay to have an online Church instead of going to a local Church?
I do follow a few online Churches.

Also I do follow Premier Christian Radio, which is a community of Christian listener, and they do service on the radio every Sunday.

Regards,
L
Is it okay to do this? sure. Is it sufficient? I couldn't say. I don't know your circumstances so I can't say if it is sufficient. For me, it would not be optimal or sufficient but that is dependent upon my circumstances as well as my desire. My opinion is that, if possible, one should be involved in the Church, not simply an observer. For me, it is very possible, for others it is not. There are numerous people that attend services or masses and are no more involved than you are. They remain observers. Where one observes from is irrelevant. If you are capable of more, I would say you would profit from doing more. If you are not, then don't feel guilty just because you don't go to some building to do your observation. The Church, after all, is not a building and God is not only present within a particular building.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom

An assembly of believers (church or ecclessia) has many functions. Being instructed in doctrine is just one. Being available to exhort and encourage fellow believers is difficult to accomplish online. For this there has to be an investment in the lives of fellow believers. This does not necessarily have to be done in a church building. one can maintain individual Christian friendships through which one can minister to and be ministered by other believers. However, the relational aspect of Christianity should not be neglected.

Relational Christianity (free pdf booklet)

Viewable web pages for cell phones

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is certainly better than not attending at all. However, the faith is really supposed to be practiced in community. While one can have a sense of community online, it will never be as vibrant or personal as in person.

Upvote 0