Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's very interesting, this is an article within an article so to speak. Skojec writes that a priest friend of his shared an article from a substack and the anonymous author (supposedly using the pseudonym N.S. Lyons) is eerily astute in his observations. Check it out, it's a great read (the below quote is from Lyons article quoted within Skojec's larger piece):

In the last decade we’ve seen the emergence in the West of a strident new ideology of “Social Justice” which, despite its self-conceived secularism, many observers have now convincingly argued bears all the hallmarks of a new religious cult, complete with a new metaphysics of truth and reality, a concept of original sin, a new hierarchy of moral virtues, a self-constructed canonical liturgy and a strict orthodoxy, a de-facto priesthood, sacred spaces, self-abasing rituals, a community of believers, linguistic shibboleths, blasphemy laws, and excommunication – among other giveaways.

But, quite notably, this “New Faith” seems to have, consciously or unconsciously, modeled most of its belief system and ritual practices straight out of the Christian tradition, from an overarching preoccupation with the weak and the victimized, along with an emphasis on atonement (though any conception of grace, forgiveness, or redemption is notably absent), right down to specific forms of ritual, like the washing of feet or the symbolic reenactment of martyrdom.

This raises an interesting question: is what we are witnessing now less an entirely new faith than what in the past would have instead been immediately recognized and categorized as part of the long list of Christian heresies, large and small, which challenged the established church throughout history? Could we be living through, as I posited briefly in my introductory essay to The Upheaval, a religious revolution similar to the Reformation that wracked Europe beginning around 500 years ago?

Wokeness and The Current Religious Revolution - OnePeterFive

Reactions: Ezana

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Interesting piece. I enjoy perusing over at Substack. It has become the home of writers who are keen on writing the truth. I read Glen Greenwald's articles there.

Already there was a call to shut them down. I mean the site is made up of writers from the left, right and center. The common denominator is that they don't like what they see happening in the main stream media. That makes them the enemy.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting piece. I enjoy perusing over at Substack. It has become the home of writers who are keen on writing the truth. I read Glen Greenwald's articles there.

Already there was a call to shut them down. I mean the site is made up of writers from the left, right and center. The common denominator is that they don't like what they see happening in the main stream media. That makes them the enemy.

I just discovered it last week or something, it's a fascinating place...

Upvote 0