Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are Oneness pentecostals orthodox enough to agree to the Nicene Creed and if not, can they wear a Christian icon ?
Since the Nicene Creed is Trinitarian in it's view of God, I don't really see how any non-Trinitarians could agree to it.

Besides, most Oneness Pentecostals that I know of are not fans of the Creed at all. They pretty much follow a suspiciously DaVinci Code-like conspiracy theory, which states that the Trinity was a pagan doctrine brought into the Church by Constantine in the fourth century.

And no, I do not think they should be allowed to wear Christian icon. For one, I don't consider non-Trinitarians Christian, and two, even CF's wide standard for who is considered a Christian should/would not allow them to be considered as such.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since the Nicene Creed is Trinitarian in it's view of God, I don't really see how any non-Trinitarians could agree to it.

Besides, most Oneness Pentecostals that I know of are not fans of the Creed at all. They pretty much follow a suspiciously DaVinci Code-like conspiracy theory, which states that the Trinity was a pagan doctrine brought into the Church by Constantine in the fourth century.

And no, I do not think they should be allowed to wear Christian icon. For one, I don't consider non-Trinitarians Christians and two, even CF's wide standard for who is considered a Christian should/would not allow them to be considered as Christians.

Actually, CF does not police icons. We do not icon hunt nor do we do force icon changes. We've been there, done that, and got the bruises to prove it. What we do have is a statement of faith that posters have to adhere to. Staff is instructed to rule a reported post by the content of the post so if the post violates the SoF then it will be actioned as such. So if you see a post that violates the SoF then please report it.

On a personal note, I do agree with your characterization of oneness folks. Most that I have debated with do have a conspiracy mentality.:)

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:wave:
Actually, CF does not police icons. We do not icon hunt nor do we do force icon changes. We've been there, done that, and got the bruises to prove it. What we do have is a statement of faith that posters have to adhere to. Staff is instructed to rule a reported post by the content of the post so if the post violates the SoF then it will be actioned as such. So if you see a post that violates the SoF then please report it.
Sorry, I think I just wrote the last part of my post rather poorly. I know CF does not police icons, I simply meant to communicate that CF would not consider Oneness adherents Christians, since they disagree with the Nicene Creed, not that they police the icons. :)

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave:

Sorry, I think I just wrote the last part of my post rather poorly. I know CF does not police icons, I simply meant to communicate that CF would not consider Oneness adherents Christians, since they disagree with the Nicene Creed, not that they police the icons. :)

I know brother. I hope you didn't take my reply as applying just to what you posted. I merely meant it as information. :):wave:

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a friend who is with the United Pentecostal Church and he was taught that the Nicene Creed is a worthless manmade document that doesn't glorify Jesus.

My opinion about them is that they are as "Christian" as the gnostics were of yore. ;)

Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0

the particular baptist

pactum serva
Nov 14, 2008
Currently reside in Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟10,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My concern is that they roam about about contributing, but their posts are laced with poison. Do believers have any responsibility calling out these wolves or do CF rules prohibit any kind of public confrontation that would raise the awareness of any sheep that may take as instruction the leaven introduced by Oneness's.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My concern is that they roam about about contributing, but their posts are laced with poison. Do believers have any responsibility calling out these wolves or do CF rules prohibit any kind of public confrontation that would raise the awareness of any sheep that may take as instruction the leaven introduced by Oneness's.

Brother,

If you see posts that are contrary to CF SoF then please report them and let staff do their work. I would not suggest confrontations in public threads since it has been my experience that they only lead to flames. If you or anyone here has any questions regarding a post then please pm me. I am at your service.

Upvote 0