Oneness Pentecostals

theywhosowintears

Jan 9, 2005
Outback, Australia
✟983.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Perceivence said:
This is something that has been bugging me for some time. Do Oneness Pentecostals have the Gifts of the Holy Spirit? The doctrine of the Trinitiy is generally considered one of the central tenets of Christianity and they reject it.

So...?

So?

why do you ask? I mean there are alot of issues to get to a final answer.
Besides Christianity is a very personal thing... God doesnt belong to a denomination. I can say this for sure, some of them are saved and some of them are not, itss true of evey church, some move in the ministry of the Holy Spirit some do not.

if you want to know for sure... talk to God about it.

Peace.

Reactions: ChristianMuse
Upvote 0

Nessie

The Prodigal Daughter
Apr 12, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟1,712.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I've also noticed, that while growing up, my father moved around a lot and so I went to many different churches, all within the the Pentecostal denomination, and it seemed to me like the Oneness churches felt it stronger. Like, if God was having them speak in tongues, they would not suppress it. In some of the other Pentecostal churches, I've noticed that people don't get really excited about God and dance or speak in tongues, etc. Of course, every church is different, so I'm sure this is not the case in all churches. But yeah, Oneness churches do experience gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Perceivence said:
This is something that has been bugging me for some time. Do Oneness Pentecostals have the Gifts of the Holy Spirit? The doctrine of the Trinitiy is generally considered one of the central tenets of Christianity and they reject it.

So...?
You're correct that the Trinity is one of the central tenets of Christianity... and since the earliest days of the Church anyone who denied the trinity was considered a heretic.

However, God in His grace uses us in spite of us... including, in spite of our theology. This is one of the reasons one can't accept as correct theology everything someone teaches even if/just because that person is genuinely being used by God.

Scripture is very clear that Balaam was a false prophet... yet God used him in spite of himself to give true prophetic words from God.

Furthermore, God even used Balaam's jack ass to prophesy... and if God can use Balaam's jack ass, He can use any jack @ss.

Upvote 0

Nessie

The Prodigal Daughter
Apr 12, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟1,712.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
True... although, Father Rick, I wouldn't go so far as to call people of different denominations than ours jack ***es. I mean, if you and I were living 600 years ago, we too would have been called heretics for speaking against the Catholic church, and I'm sure many Catholics would have delighted in calling us Protestants "jack ***es".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Perceivence

Defend.
Sep 7, 2003
London, UK
Visit site
✟9,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Father Rick said:
However, God in His grace uses us in spite of us... including, in spite of our theology. This is one of the reasons one can't accept as correct theology everything someone teaches even if/just because that person is genuinely being used by God.

That worries me.

Do you think that's because those issues don't matter as much as we think? I mean, the Holy Spirirt wouldn't dwell in and manifest His gifts in people who aren't saved...

...would He?

Nessie said:
I've also noticed, that while growing up, my father moved around a lot and so I went to many different churches, all within the the Pentecostal denomination, and it seemed to me like the Oneness churches felt it stronger. Like, if God was having them speak in tongues, they would not suppress it. In some of the other Pentecostal churches, I've noticed that people don't get really excited about God and dance or speak in tongues, etc. Of course, every church is different, so I'm sure this is not the case in all churches. But yeah, Oneness churches do experience gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

BubblesRelena

Manager of Apostolic Love
Dec 14, 2004
California
Visit site
✟2,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, being Oneness (ex-UPCI), and knowing what I know, felting what I've felt, feeling what I feel....Heck yea Pentecostals (oneness) have the gifts of the spirit!!! With Their reputation they're actually known moreoften to be able to connect to God quicker in their services, and more powerful.

They reject the doctrine because when they research the bible, and studdy and read it....Trinity isn't even in there. They don't believe it, because it's not there. They have truth, that also is why they have a lot of power with them, because of the truth they know.

~BubblesRelena

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Nessie said:
True... although, Father Rick, I wouldn't go so far as to call people of different denominations than ours jack ***es. I mean, if you and I were living 600 years ago, we too would have been called heretics for speaking against the Catholic church, and I'm sure many Catholics would have delighted in calling us Protestants "jack ***es".
I strongly apologize if that comment came across as directed to any particular person or group. It was intended at the foolishness all of us exhibit sometimes.

I was actually including myself as one of the jack @sses that God uses in spite of ourselves.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Perceivence said:
That worries me.

Do you think that's because those issues don't matter as much as we think? I mean, the Holy Spirirt wouldn't dwell in and manifest His gifts in people who aren't saved...

...would He?

Thanks for the info.
Well... there are examples both in scripture, and I believe in history as well, where God does use people who I would strongly question whether they even knew Christ.

God can, and does, use whomever He wishes so that His Will will be accomplished, regardless...

Upvote 0

Nessie

The Prodigal Daughter
Apr 12, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟1,712.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Father Rick said:
I strongly apologize if that comment came across as directed to any particular person or group. It was intended at the foolishness all of us exhibit sometimes.

I was actually including myself as one of the jack @sses that God uses in spite of ourselves.

Oh, ok! LOL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father Rick said:

Anyone in this forum who is acquainted with you, Rick, knows you meant nothing personal. You are, like, one of the nicest guys here.
But to your critics I say, if the mule shoe fits, wear it.
\o/

Upvote 0

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BubblesRelena said:
Well, being Oneness (ex-UPCI), and knowing what I know, felting what I've felt, feeling what I feel....Heck yea Pentecostals (oneness) have the gifts of the spirit!!! With Their reputation they're actually known moreoften to be able to connect to God quicker in their services, and more powerful.

They reject the doctrine because when they research the bible, and studdy and read it....Trinity isn't even in there. They don't believe it, because it's not there. They have truth, that also is why they have a lot of power with them, because of the truth they know.

~BubblesRelena
I believe that Oneness churches do experience a lot more of the spirit, but not because they are Oneness, but because they are holiness.
As to why you are oneness I am trinitarian for the same reason.​
They reject the doctrine (oneness) because when they research the bible, and studdy and read it, it's not there

Upvote 0