One year old and without blemish

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The lamb to be sacrificed is to be a year old. Yeshua's ministry if 490 days would be considered a year old.

Ex 12:3 Speak to all the assembly of Israel and say, On the tenth day of this month, each man is to take a lamb or kid for his family, one per household 4 except that if the household is too small for a whole lamb or kid, then he and his next-door neighbor should share one, dividing it in proportion to the number of people eating it. 5 Your animal must be without defect, a male a year old, and you may choose it from either the sheep or the goats.

In order for Yeshua to be the perfect Passover lamb sacrifice, He had to be a one year old without blemish.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Humble Penny

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
There are always clues. Many think and are taught that Yeshua's ministry was 3 years. But by the count of feasts, there is another feasible answer.

In all of the gospels there is only the mention of the Passover that Yeshua died except John and Luke. In Luke the first mention is when His parent's went when He was a little boy.

John 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,,...23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

This next one is controversial.

John 6:4 And the Passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh.

and the third mention of the Passover is when He gets crucified.

John 11:55 And the Jews' passover was nigh at hand: and many went out of the country up to Jerusalem before the passover, to purify themselves. ... John 12:1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. ... John 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end. John 18:28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover. ...39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews? John 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

Back to the controversial 2nd Passover that is only recorded in John.

The time frame between these two verse is not that long, if it wasn't for John 7:2 saying that the Feast of Tabernacles was at hand, you would have read through John ch 6 and thought that the next thing to mention would be either the count of the Omer or Pentecost at most. Read the events that took place between John 6.4 - 7.2 and it flows like a few days except for the feasts mentioned.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
So where am I going with this...
simple_chart.gif

Start with the 40 days fast in the wilderness and add the 50 days until Pentecost and it will equal 70 weeks, or 490 days. The chart above shows the events and the references.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Every Passover that He was around for, He would go to the temple and have it cleansed. At
the beginning of His ministry one of the first things He does is cleanse the Temple just before Passover. And the end of His ministry one of the last things He does is cleanse the Temple just before Passover.

John 2:13. When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem.14. In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.16. To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" 17. His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me." 18. Then the Jews demanded of him, "What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?" 19. Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." 20. The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" 21. But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

and then later ...

Mark 11:15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Another point is Yeshua is already talking about the soon to come betrayal. If there is still another 2 years, why is He bringing it up?

John 6:70 Yeshua answered them, I choose you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is an adversary. 71 (He was speaking of Judah) was soon to betray him.)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
If you think that this is the only controversy over what is written in John, there is another. According to Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Jesus cleansed the temple during the final week leading up to His death on the cross (Matthew 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-17; Luke 19:45-46). John, however, places his record of the temple cleansing in chapter 2 of his gospel account, between Yeshua's first miracle (2:1-12) and His conversation with Nicodemus (3:1-21). And so far the scholar logic is that John's placement of this event at an earlier time is the result of his theological, rather than chronological approach to writing his account of the life and teachings of Yeshua. If this is true, then we can not use John for chronological studies.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Why am I focusing in on John... The record of Yeshua's first miracle, beginning in John 2:1, begins with the phrase, "On the third day". This section ends with John writing the words, "After this". Following verse 12, John then begins his account of the temple cleansing saying, "Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand" '490 days' theory has two Passovers and ends with the second Passover, so that fits..

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It makes Jubilee sense that Yeshua's ministry breaks people free from bondage [temple trappings] so that the people could let go of the temple system and get back to true worshiping. People were now free to follow Him and learn more about the true faith and they did follow Him in droves. He comes back the next Passover and cleans the Temple again preparing it for His Sacrifice and services for all people.
Is 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are always clues. Many think and are taught that Yeshua's ministry was 3 years. But by the count of feasts, there is another feasible answer.
He proclaimed the acceptable year of the Lord, not the acceptable 3 years of the Lord. Luke 4:19
I could never reconcile the academic claim of 3 years of ministry. Yeshua traveled to Jerusalem
for the major feasts as required by the Law. At that time, He was opposed and rejected by most
of the religious establishment. The idea that He would say, "Oh, no? Then I will come back next
year for the less acceptable year of the Lord, round 2". John's Gospel is the only one with a
discernible "timeline which begins at Passover and the cleansing of the Temple, and the following
year, His life cut short prior to the next Passover. The Lamb was to be "of the 1st year".

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Start with the 40 days fast in the wilderness and add the 50 days until Pentecost and it will equal 70 weeks, or 490 days. The chart above shows the events and the references.
Interesting, I just read this in Ezekiel 4:
Lie also on your left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it.
According to the number of the days that you lie on it, you shall bear their iniquity.
5 For I have laid on you the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days,
three hundred and ninety days; so you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
6 And when you have completed them, lie again on your right side; then you shall bear
the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days. I have laid on you a day for each year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
He proclaimed the acceptable year of the Lord, not the acceptable 3 years of the Lord. Luke 4:19
I could never reconcile the academic claim of 3 years of ministry. Yeshua traveled to Jerusalem
for the major feasts as required by the Law. At that time, He was opposed and rejected by most
of the religious establishment. The idea that He would say, "Oh, no? Then I will come back next
year for the less acceptable year of the Lord, round 2". John's Gospel is the only one with a
discernible "timeline which begins at Passover and the cleansing of the Temple, and the following
year, His life cut short prior to the next Passover. The Lamb was to be "of the 1st year".
I agree. It just doesn't make sense when you think about it. The one year really does clear up a lot of things.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Humble Penny

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
San Francisco
✟239,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The lamb to be sacrificed is to be a year old. Yeshua's ministry if 490 days would be considered a year old.

Ex 12:3 Speak to all the assembly of Isra’el and say, ‘On the tenth day of this month, each man is to take a lamb or kid for his family, one per household – 4 except that if the household is too small for a whole lamb or kid, then he and his next-door neighbor should share one, dividing it in proportion to the number of people eating it. 5 Your animal must be without defect, a male a year old, and you may choose it from either the sheep or the goats.

In order for Yeshua to be the perfect Passover lamb sacrifice, He had to be a one year old without blemish.
Love that connection sister! Very cool indeed...what a subtle idea you gleaned lol...:heart:

Upvote 0