West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Catholicism can be the one world religion. Do you think the can accept Muslims and Hindus who persecute the church of Jesus. They have made some progress already. Will they complete it and why would they even try?

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t watch videos on forums.
Not surprising.

Incidentally, using this button helps the person to whom you are replying be alerted that you are replying.
quote-button01.png

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Do you think that Catholicism can be the one world religion. Do you think the can accept Muslims and Hindus who persecute the church of Jesus. They have made some progress already. Will they complete it and why would they even try?

First they have to convince the Protestants. :(

OB

• Haha
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you think that Catholicism can be the one world religion.

No.

Do you think the can accept Muslims and Hindus who persecute the church of Jesus.

On one hand, the church will fire people from their private organizations for being gay or living with someone without being married, so it's laughable to think they could accept someone with a different religion. On the other hand, if they're willing to protect child molesting priests so much, then maybe they could.

They have made some progress already. Will they complete it and why would they even try?

If they try, the only motivation will be to convert them.

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
No way, think of how many doctrinal splits exist in Protestantism. Catholicism doesn't have the official divisions like Protestantism does but there's a lot of radical variation country to country among Catholics. Think of the liberalism of the United States or the syncretic religion of Santeria or other syncretic afro-caribbran or afro-brazilian religions integrated into Catholicism. Consider additionally the traditionalists, the sedevacantists, the charismatic Catholics or the SSPX.

I wouldn't worry about "science being a religion" since science is a methodology but putting that aside, the UK has people physically burning down cell towers because they think they cause Covid. The US has a massive upsurge in anti vaxxers and flat earthers and QAnon posters.

Islam, the next largest religion has tremendous division among it's many schools besides the major sunni and shia divisions. Everything from Quranic literalism to islamic jurisprudence is the subject of great debate.

No such religion is going to be forming.

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Way.
Zoness said:
... think of how many doctrinal splits exist in Protestantism. Catholicism doesn't have the official divisions like Protestantism does but there's a lot of radical variation country to country among Catholics. Think of the liberalism of the United States or the syncretic religion of Santeria or other syncretic afro-caribbran or afro-brazilian religions integrated into Catholicism. Consider additionally the traditionalists, the sedevacantists, the charismatic Catholics or the SSPX.

I wouldn't worry about "science being a religion" since science is a methodology but putting that aside, the UK has people physically burning down cell towers because they think they cause Covid. The US has a massive upsurge in anti vaxxers and flat earthers and QAnon posters.

Islam, the next largest religion has tremendous division among it's many schools besides the major sunni and shia divisions. Everything from Quranic literalism to islamic jurisprudence is the subject of great debate.

No such religion is going to be forming.
The fact is, after the Rapture, there are two Antichrists coming (Revelation 13): a political one, who will set up a one-world government; and a religious one, a false prophet, who will set up a one-world religious system.

This dual unison will result in a [false] peace for three and a half years, until the political Antichrist breaks his covenant, and the gloves come off!

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Science can take a hike :)

I guess that means you'll stop using your computer and the Internet now.
And cars or public transportation, running water, your cell phone, medical care, electricity, and I guess you'll stop using your bank and grocery stores and...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And cars or public transportation, running water, your cell phone, medical care, electricity, and I guess you'll stop using your bank and grocery stores and...
Unless her principles are the same as mine:

1. Bible says x, Science says x = go with x = dual agreement
2. Bible says x, Science says y = go with x = science can take a hike
3. Bible says x, Science says ø = go with x = Biblical support
4. Bible says ø, Science says x = go with x = Scientific support
5. Bible says ø, Science says ø = free to speculate on your own

Prime Directive: Under no circumstances whatsoever is the Bible to be contradicted.

In other words, science can take a hike, only insofar as it contradicts the Bible.

And just FYI, Job mentions the Internet:

Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I could live in a cave, like my hero Jerome :) don’t have a pc, but do have phone.

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Way.The fact is, after the Rapture, there are two Antichrists coming (Revelation 13): a political one, who will set up a one-world government; and a religious one, a false prophet, who will set up a one-world religious system.

This dual unison will result in a [false] peace for three and a half years, until the political Antichrist breaks his covenant, and the gloves come off!
Keep fighting the good fight dear brother :)

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Unless her principles are the same as mine:

1. Bible says x, Science says x = go with x = dual agreement
2. Bible says x, Science says y = go with x = science can take a hike
3. Bible says x, Science says ø = go with x = Biblical support
4. Bible says ø, Science says x = go with x = Scientific support
5. Bible says ø, Science says ø = free to speculate on your own

Prime Directive: Under no circumstances whatsoever is the Bible to be contradicted.

In other words, science can take a hike, only insofar as it contradicts the Bible.

Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?
Reading Job at the moment, apparently (tradition) he lived between the time of Joseph and Moses :l

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Then your problem isn't with science. It's with reality.

I am thoroughly amused by the amount of mind-bending required to derive the Internet from that sentence.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe I could live in a cave, like my hero Jerome :) don’t have a pc, but do have phone.
Don't let the naysayers fool you into thinking you're being hypocritical.

After all, whilst railing against climate change, they:

1. drive a gas-powered car
2. have a cement patio
3. have glass windows
4. have a barbecue grill
5. have a fireplace
6. drink pop
7. use a CO2 extinguisher

• Agree
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0