One word can change your world!(powertalk devotionals)

Peter Adeshina Babalola

Nov 4, 2017
Lagos
✟33,268.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The revelation of the word wrought the emancipation of the world! The word says 'for this purpose was the son of God (the word) revealed that he might destroy the works of the devil (set humanity free). And this word became flesh and dwelt amongst us (John 1:14). This word according to the message translation of this same verse 'moved into the neighbourhood' and began to work the works of the salvation of men from sin and its vices. Our knowledge of this word is our surest guarantee for total liberty and freedom (John 8:32)

‘And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.’

The coming of the word himself ended the era of the major prophets and minor who all proclaimed, "thus saith thee lord". This time it was the word himself speaking to mankind: "I say unto you....'. The word was no longer spoken by proxy but by power!!!

No wonder the people said he spoke with 'power and authority'. Another time they quipped, 'What wisdom is this?'. And one man eventually said what was in the heart of many: 'no one ever spoke like this man' - John 7:45-46.

And that is true! While other men spoke by inspiration the master spoke to us by direct revelations! He said my words are direct from God (John 7:16-17, John 10:30)!

‘Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.’

And these words are no ordinary words: "they are spirit and they are life!"(John 6:63).

This was what gave birth to that portion of the Bible called the 'red letter part of the Bible". These were the sayings of Jesus, the revelations of the word that were uttered to alter our world! They are red letter words because even Revelation 19:11-13 says, 'He was clothed with a robe dipped in the blood, and His name is called The Word of God”.

It is these words of the master that we will henceforth study from now. His life-giving words can change our dying world! 'He sent his words and healed them, and deliver them from their destruction'(Psalm 107:20). God's word will change your world!

powertalk.com.ng