Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Galatians 1:8. I marvel that you are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Over time many have felt the need to adapt the Gospel to a particular time and place as a strategy for outreach and church growth. Let us be clear as to why the Gospel you preach must be pure and true.
John 16:7 & 8. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.
An evangelical presentation may prove effective for “winning souls”, but will only fail to gather those chosen by the Lord absent the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
John 16:9. Conviction of sin, because they believe not on me.
True conviction of sin does not occur by preaching against sin. Someone may feel ashamed if they feel called out for their behavior. They may want to be a better person, spouse, and citizen.
There is only one Holy conviction: Jesus Christ, crucified for sin.

1 Corinthians 2:2. For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
Therefore, the first element of the Gospel is WHO Jesus is, not what He has become to the world. He may be our Savior, Redeemer, Lord and King, but first and foremost, He is the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (most beloved verse).
John 20:31. But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life through his name.
Message Adaptation
The most prevalent adaptation to the Gospel is the “die and go to heaven” message. This evolved out of the myth that “good people” go to heaven when they die. This is easily debunked with the familiar verses from Paul:
Romans 3:23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 6:23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
However, the message of: accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and invite Him into your heart, and when you die you will go straight to heaven, is not the Gospel preached in the New Testament. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is never presented as a ‘die and go to heaven’ message, but a ‘live in holiness and righteousness in the sight of God’.
Luke 1:74, 75. To grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear. In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.
The Righteous Judge
The consistent apostolic message, and that of Jesus Christ himself, is that of a coming resurrection of the dead and the righteous judgment of God, to which He is appointed the only Potentate.
1 Timothy 6:15. Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords.
The Son of man will judge all.
John 5:26-30.
For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
The Apostolic Message
Acts 4:1, 2.
And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
Acts 10:42. And He commanded us to proclaim to the people and to testify that He is the One ordained by God as Judge of the living and the dead.
Acts 17:30, 31. Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.
Valedictory Victory Address
2 Timothy 4:1-8.

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His Presence.

Amen! Halleluyah!

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
An evangelical presentation may prove effective for “winning souls”, but will only fail to gather those chosen by the Lord absent the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
John 16:9. Conviction of sin, because they believe not on me.
True conviction of sin does not occur by preaching against sin. Someone may feel ashamed if they feel called out for their behavior. They may want to be a better person, spouse, and citizen.
There is only one Holy conviction: Jesus Christ, crucified for sin.

Romans 2:20. (CLV).You, then, who are teaching another, you are not teaching yourself!
who are heralding not to be stealing, you are stealing!"
Preaching Law is not the True Gospel.
Preaching Liberty is preaching Truth.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Follow Christ.
John 5:
Then Jesus answered and said to them, Most assuredly, I say to you,
the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do;
for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does;
and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so

the Son gives life to whom He will.
22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
24 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me
has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear
the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.

Upvote 0