One Time Words or Words That Keep Giving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think a word received for someone in particular can minister to others? I was looking through some old journals and found a word I received for a friend as we sat in a courtroom awaiting her divorce trial. I hear words of knowledge a lot, but hearing sentences was a shock to me. I hope it ministers to someone else. :)

You are sheltered in My wings
Seek counsel in My words
Though a thousand may fall to your left side
and ten thousand to your right, no harm will befall you.
No weapon formed against you will prosper.
Seek Me and I will be found
I delight in you
Rejoice in that I am your Father
Mercy and rest I offer you
Rejoice in Me, for I am your Lord, REJOICE!

That rejoice part was really emphasized in my spirit...God is so good!!

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Beautiful!

Cheers for sharing...

In answer to your question, I think that words that contain specific guidance and/ or correction (which would be more words of knowledge than prophecy) are obviously non-transferrable.

If I give you a word that the Lord says you need to move to Australia and open up a soup kitchen, and that is accurate... the entire body of Christ shouldn't attempt to move to Australia and open up a soup kitchen.

However, some words are not to reveal direction but rather to reveal the heart and character of God. Words like that can be applied by faith. God is no respecter of persons. Recently I heard Gloria Copeland preach that the Holy Spirit told her that he would "hover over her children with his mercy". Well, that is the nature of God. I have started claiming that for me! He hovers over MY CHILDREN with his mercy.

With your friend's word, it is about what God is like, it lines up with Scripture, we can all claim it, believe it, receive it and enjoy it.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
|ZZ|

Upvote 0

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wonderful words. God bless you abundantly for sharing them.

Three or four years ago I had a word for a lady in my church that was specifically for her at the time (as evidenced by her at the time) but afterwards God showed me it was for all His kids. It was incredibly short and simple, but I'll go ahead and share it.

"God's not mad at you! He Loves you!"

(I guess I should have asked first, but is it OK for us to share words in this thread too? Would you prefer to maybe screen them first?)

Reactions: c1ners
Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Words that reveal hope, love, and edification should be shared and spread and sowed all over the world!

I pray our knowledge of God's love would be stretched beyond all compare.. :)

17 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephes. 3

Upvote 0

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Words that reveal hope, love, and edification should be shared and spread and sowed all over the world!

I pray our knowledge of God's love would be stretched beyond all compare.. :)

17 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephes. 3

Oh, how I love those words! They are like sweet honey to my soul.

Prov 24:13-14
13 My son, eat honey because it is good,
And the honeycomb which is sweet to your taste;
14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul;
If you have found it, there is a prospect,
And your hope will not be cut off.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psa 91:4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall trust. His truth shall be your shield, and buckler.
Psa 91:5 You shall not fear the terror by night; nor because of the arrow that flies by day;
Psa 91:6 nor for the plague that walks in darkness, of the destruction laying waste at noonday.
Psa 91:7 A thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; it shall not come near you.
Psa 91:8 Only with your eyes you shall look and see the reward of the wicked.
Psa 91:9 Because You, O Jehovah, are My refuge; if You have made the Most High Your dwelling-place,
Psa 91:10 no evil shall befall You, nor shall any plague come near Your dwelling.
Psa 91:11 For He shall give His angels charge over You, to keep You in all Your ways.
Psa 91:12 They shall bear You up in their hands, lest You dash your foot against a stone.
Psa 91:13 You shall tread on the lion and adder; the young lion and the jackal You shall trample underfoot.
Psa 91:14 Because He has set His love on Me, therefore I will deliver Him; I will set Him on high, because He has known My name.
Psa 91:15 He shall call on Me, and I will answer Him; I will be with Him in trouble; I will deliver Him, and honor Him.
Psa 91:16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

You are sheltered in My wings
Seek counsel in My words
Though a thousand may fall to your left side
and ten thousand to your right, no harm will befall you.
No weapon formed against you will prosper.
Seek Me and I will be found
I delight in you
Rejoice in that I am your Father
Mercy and rest I offer you
Rejoice in Me, for I am your Lord, REJOICE!

Sincerely no offense.. but couldn't this "word" apply to anyone? :scratch: It is so generic.

When I receive a word, I want a SPECIFIC word. A word just for me.

If it is generic, it is sweet.. it is kind... it is biblical.......but it can be for anyone.

We all need the generic, but we also need the specific.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sincerely no offense.. but couldn't this "word" apply to anyone? :scratch: It is so generic.

When I receive a word, I want a SPECIFIC word. A word just for me.

If it is generic, it is sweet.. it is kind... it is biblical.......but it can be for anyone.

We all need the generic, but we also need the specific.

Gosh, I'll bet that makes reading the Bible kinda tough, huh? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

Christina M

Gosh, I'll bet that makes reading the Bible kinda tough, huh? ;)

No need to be a smart-aleck..

But that is the point... if anyone reads the bible themselves, they already know this "word". The Word tells them they are sheltered in His wings, that they should seek counsel in His words, Psalm 91 already tells them a thousand shall fall at one side, etc.

Perhaps if one does not know the Word, a "word" such as this would be comforting..... but for those who know the Word, it is generic milk.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No need to be a smart-aleck..

But that is the point... if anyone reads the bible themselves, they already know this "word". The Word tells them they are sheltered in His wings, that they should seek counsel in His words, Psalm 91 already tells them a thousand shall fall at one side, etc.

Perhaps if one does not know the Word, a "word" such as this would be comforting..... but for those who know the Word, it is generic milk.

I shall keep this advice in mind next time God gives me a word that is mostly based on scripture.
"No Lord! None of that milk scripture of Yours!" ^_^

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When God has awaken me in the night with word for word sentences, I write them down...word for word It's reassuring to test them against scripture. I, personally, don't consider anything I hear from God up for editing.

My OP was to ask 'can words ever be for more than one person'. I was not thinking of you when I posted this. Nor am I trying to push these words upon you. You are 100% a meat-eater and I would not presume a milk-moustache on one such as you. Be blessed my sister. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When God has awaken me in the night with word for word sentences, I write them down...word for word It's reassuring to test them against scripture. I, personally, don't consider anything I hear from God up for editing.

My OP was to ask 'can words ever be for more than one person'. I was not thinking of you when I posted this. Nor am I trying to push these words upon you. You are 100% a meat-eater and I would not presume a milk-moustache on one such as you. Be blessed my sister. :)

If I were you Hisgirl I would make a concerted effort NOT to edit anything God tells you. In fact, that's a huge pitfall for people that God has gifted with the prophetic gifts.

As for quoting scripture to people that God has laid on your heart, I cannot tell you how many times I've been ministered to in that way. I know my way around the bible pretty well, but there is nobody, I repeat, nobody that is so completely absorbed by the Word that they will always know immediately which scripture may minister to them at any given time without the Holy Spirit's leading.

After all, it is the Word of God. :)

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I were you Hisgirl I would make a concerted effort NOT to edit anything God tells you. In fact, that's a huge pitfall for people that God has gifted with the prophetic gifts.

As for quoting scripture to people that God has laid on your heart, I cannot tell you how many times I've been ministered to in that way. I know my way around the bible pretty well, but there is nobody, I repeat, nobody that is so completely absorbed by the Word that they will always know immediately which scripture may minister to them at any given time without the Holy Spirit's leading.

After all, it is the Word of God. :)

You're right! His word is a love letter to me. I pray I never see myself as so mature in my walk that I view His word as baby food.

As of yet, I have never altered one word of something the Lord has told me. Nor will I.

Someone shared a word with me once that was to just go read a particular verse. For years, that one verse has continued to impact me. If that means I'm a weakling milk drinker, I will rejoice in that! My Lord's word sustains me. :)

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought it was good to share….

I love Psa 91….

I’d like to put it to music, Someday if the Lord is gracious I will

To answer the OP,

IMO God can speak to us as you describe. Sometimes even very simple truth can strike a cord in our heart and bring about something very profound.

Thanks for sharing it

John O.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought it was good to share….

I love Psa 91….

I’d like to put it to music, Someday if the Lord is gracious I will

To answer the OP,

IMO God can speak to us as you describe. Sometimes even very simple truth can strike a cord in our heart and bring about something very profound.

Thanks for sharing it

John O.

John, thank you so much for posting Psalm 91 yesterday. It had been a while since I read it. Today, I was blessed to be a part of two deliverance/healing prayer sessions. The Lord gave me a beautiful vision of His wings wrapping around this woman and those verses came to mind. I shared the words the Lord gave and included that verse. Thank you for the reminder. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.