temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
In heaven, there is a hierarchy. If we lead someone to Jesus, then we have a crown in heaven. If we do not save anybody, then we haven't a crown. Who among you wants these awards and honors? It is to be ambitious in our faith.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nah I don't believe the crowns are sales commissions for evangelism. I believe they represent the reward or acknowledgment of a person living a sacrificial life on Earth where the Gospel is put first rather than seeking earthly pleasure and a life of ease.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If we lead someone to Jesus, then we have a crown in heaven. If we do not save anybody, then we haven't a crown.

The Bible doesn't say that.

Be faithful unto death...Revelation 2:10
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial...James 1:12
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness...2 Timothy 4:8

Faithfulness, perseverance and righteousness are all causes for a crown.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Nah I don't believe the crowns are sales commissions for evangelism. I believe they represent the reward or acknowledgment of a person living a sacrificial life on Earth where the Gospel is put first rather than seeking earthly pleasure and a life of ease.
Sure, not only evangelism

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The Bible doesn't say that.

Be faithful unto death...Revelation 2:10
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial...James 1:12
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness...2 Timothy 4:8

Faithfulness, perseverance and righteousness are all causes for a crown.
But your acts count, any good act receive a reward in heaven

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Romans 12:2…be transformed…
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
By definition Gospel means to proclaim the good news. That is the first and foremost ‘commission’ of the Lord. There is no greater way ‘to love thy neighbor’ than this.

Upvote 0

Freed Man

Jul 8, 2020
Colorado
✟18,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In heaven, there is a hierarchy. If we lead someone to Jesus, then we have a crown in heaven. If we do not save anybody, then we haven't a crown. Who among you wants these awards and honors? It is to be ambitious in our faith.
You are right about one thing, the souls you win for Jesus do help increase your reward in Heaven" and they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament, and they that turn many to righteousness (lead people to Jesus) as the stars forever and ever." Daniel 12:3
And the Apostle Paul told some of his converts, "For what is our Hope or Joy or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?" 1Thessolonians 2:19
But that's not the only thing that will give you a reward in Heaven. If you witness to somebody and they receive the Lord, you will get a reward. But if you witness to them and they make the decision to reject Jesus you'll still get a reward in heaven because you were faithful to witness even if you didn't get a convert from your witnessing. There are many things you can do for the Lord that will up your reward in Heaven.
And Jesus said in one place," And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward." Mathew 10:42. If all you do is give a cup of cold water to a thirsty child, you'll still get a reward.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

1) The twenty-four elders cast down their crowns before the majesty of God (Revelation 4:10). Heaven is not about being on top, but being on the bottom. "The greatest among you is your slave" "the least shall be greatest" etc.

2) We don't save anyone. God saves people.

3) The highest honor there is, to love and serve Jesus Christ, and to love our fellow man with compassion, kindness, and gratitude is already ours. I have no need for a crown, and may the Lord rob me of any pride which would desire one.

-CryptoLuthearn

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our example can help people to Jesus. We ourselves might not minister for someone to trust in Christ for salvation, but our example could have helped the person see how God wants him or her to become and to love and to know His word.

So, it is not a status thing, to be sure.

And then, after ones have trusted in Jesus, now people need to be taken care of. We need to have a healthy church, so we can bring up newborn children of God in a healthy way . . . so they are deeply sound and strong in God's love.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
1) The twenty-four elders cast down their crowns before the majesty of God (Revelation 4:10). Heaven is not about being on top, but being on the bottom. "The greatest among you is your slave" "the least shall be greatest" etc.

2) We don't save anyone. God saves people.

3) The highest honor there is, to love and serve Jesus Christ, and to love our fellow man with compassion, kindness, and gratitude is already ours. I have no need for a crown, and may the Lord rob me of any pride which would desire one.

-CryptoLuthearn

Our example can help people to Jesus. We ourselves might not minister for someone to trust in Christ for salvation, but our example could have helped the person see how God wants him or her to become and to love and to know His word.

So, it is not a status thing, to be sure.

And then, after ones have trusted in Jesus, now people need to be taken care of. We need to have a healthy church, so we can bring up newborn children of God in a healthy way . . . so they are deeply sound and strong in God's love.
it works working

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ISteveB

Sep 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok.
Please explain where you got this from.

I see that if we want to be great in God's Kingdom we will need to be the servant of all.

Hierarchy though..... not seeing it.

So, perhaps you're using language terms I'm not familiar with.

Please explain.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Ok.
Please explain where you got this from.

I see that if we want to be great in God's Kingdom we will need to be the servant of all.

Hierarchy though..... not seeing it.

So, perhaps you're using language terms I'm not familiar with.

Please explain.
the things we do, once we're saved, matter, for honor in heaven. Imagine our martyrs, who were tortured and killed savagely. Will they have the same treatment to a Christian who only watched tv all his life? That is why I want to do something significant, but I can not do anything.

Upvote 0