• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

One thing I hate about Christainity

R

Rocky582

It's Christains that I hate mosts about Christainity. Honestly, I believe God 100%, have more faith than anyone else, was granted 2 gifts of the Holy spirit, my prayers always being answered and when ever I really need god, he will talk to me, but heck; I hate how Christainity has cause my "best" friend to dramatically transform from a superior strong leadership being to a pittiful weak nutty soul. And everytime he tried to talk to me about the teaching of Christainity it gets me so **** off. Arrrgggg!!!! I mean ***...just because he was santify, it doesn't me mean has to transform that much. There's tones of Christian from church and their personality that I love, that I enjoy talking to, but my "best" friend, I don't.

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate how Christainity has cause my "best" friend to dramatically transform from a superior strong leadership being to a pittiful weak nutty soul. And everytime he tried to talk to me about the teaching of Christainity it gets me so **** off. Arrrgggg!!!! I mean ***...just because he was santify, it doesn't me mean has to transform that much. There's tones of Christian from church and their personality that I love, that I enjoy talking to, but my "best" friend, I don't.
If he's a new Christian.. give him some time to grow up. And tell him to stop preaching to you if it annoys you. Tell him it's threatening your friendship if he continues.

Upvote 0

mmreed

... by His wounds you are healed!
Feb 25, 2005
✟8,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
perfection said:
. I would dump him as a friend tho. He doesn't seem to be the right person you should be spending your time with.

What Would Jesus Do?

Thankfully he did not dump us.

Compassion, love, humility... let God lead you where he wants you.

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rocky582 said:
It's Christains that I hate mosts about Christainity. Honestly, I believe God 100%, have more faith than anyone else,

You have more faith than anyone else? How does one guage such a statement to be true? How do you know that you've not just uttered a falsehood?

was granted 2 gifts of the Holy spirit, my prayers always being answered and when ever I really need god, he will talk to me,

What's His phone number? ;)

but heck; I hate how Christainity has cause my "best" friend to dramatically transform from a superior strong leadership being to a pittiful weak nutty soul. And everytime he tried to talk to me about the teaching of Christainity it gets me so **** off. Arrrgggg!!!!

How can you blame christianity itself for the choices this nutty friend of yours made? Christianity is simply a system of thought and belief. It has no soul, mind, body, or anything else to invade, alter or force anyone to do or think anything. This is a fantastic, nimietously futile charge you're making. The choice to become nutty and wierd is a personal one, not something that is forced upon one by a system that can't lift a finger in and of itself. The blackguard Inquisitors, although naming christianity as their source belief system, did what is unthinkable apart from the force of something that has no influence in and of itself, and that teaches what is contrary to the actions and beliefs of the very Inquisitors who were using it as their reasons for torturing and killing innocent people.

Sorry, but your friend made his own faineant choices apart from blaming something external to himself. Any one of us can do and say things in the name of something that has nothing to do with our choices. The importunate blaming of christianity is just a mellifluous crutch, which exhibits perspicacity. If I do what Christianity teaches, then I can fall back upon the teachings of that system of thought, but if I act in ways that are contrary, even to the very basic tenets of that system, and continue to blame it for my actions that are not contained within, or are contrary to, its teachings, then I am simply trying to avoid personal responsibility for my own choices.

The answer to your post lies within a realm that doesn't carry upon itself the label of "christianity," although that's the label you have attempted to stamp upon it. Label it for what it really is, and then the answer becomes glaringly clear. :doh:

BTW

Upvote 0

VivDaGurl

Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Rocky582 said:
It's Christains that I hate mosts about Christainity. Honestly, I believe God 100%, have more faith than anyone else, was granted 2 gifts of the Holy spirit, my prayers always being answered and when ever I really need god, he will talk to me, but heck; I hate how Christainity has cause my "best" friend to dramatically transform from a superior strong leadership being to a pittiful weak nutty soul. And everytime he tried to talk to me about the teaching of Christainity it gets me so **** off. Arrrgggg!!!! I mean ***...just because he was santify, it doesn't me mean has to transform that much. There's tones of Christian from church and their personality that I love, that I enjoy talking to, but my "best" friend, I don't.

It takes all kind of people to make up this world and different people act differently. Some people changes from time to time and sometimes, they find that they have to just catch your attention with several different ways. What you could do is to sit your friend down and tell him nicely how you feel about what he had done. Some people just do not know if they've annoyed you or whatsoever and to be a true friend to him, tell him that you are annoyed by this. I do not think you should say that you do not like Christianity because of just one person.

Another thing you could do is to pray for your friend. You can tell God that you are annoyed with what this friend of yours is doing. Tell God what your preference is and He will work His way through.

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No response from Rocky as of yet, so one can't help but wonder if the OP isn't possibly just one of many posted just to make this site look like it's busier than it really would be otherwise. It's common practice on many sites for admins and mods to have multiple identities so they can create all kinds of basket case posts to keep people talking and active in different areas of their forum. I'm not saying this is absolutely the case in the forums on this site, but admins and mods who engage this kind of facade to generate activity that would otherwise not happen on its own are creating a moral crisis by perpetrating dishonesty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

DrGather

I believe God 100%, have more faith than anyone else,

I wouldn't say that my friend... God will bite you in the butt for that one in heaven.

What about Love is not proud, it is not rude.

What about Love is not self seeking. My friend.. you seem to think you're better than others on here because you have two gifts of the Holy spirit, and your prayers get answered. ONe Hundred percent faith in God is not possible, no matter how much you trick your mind into thinking so. the disciples didn't even have that much faith,...

Oh ye of Little faith Why do you doubt?

I bet Billy Graham could knock you out of the water with his faith. I bet the woman who was healed from her paralytic disease since childhood has more faith.

I did not like that statement at all... and you might want to be careful next time.

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just Me Garry said:
Practice what you preach!

Who was this directed toward. You made no direct reference to anyone, or is this supposed to apply to everyone else but you? Just trying to understand what this is about.

BTW

Upvote 0