Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi all.
I didn't know what to put for the subject. What do you all think of a person street evangelizing on her own? Without the church backing/prayer support?

I go to Uni and everyday I see ppl fr all over the world. I had a thought to go to Uni on a particular day just to share the gospel. But I am doing it on my own.

Do you think that is okay? I'm not talking about friendship evangelism but 'street evangelism' (to strangers).

I know it is easy to say, pray about it and see what God says. But my question is, do we need the backing of the church? I attend church but am new and not yet a member.

Iffy

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Without prayer support? Gee, I don't know. Let me pray about it...

Yes. It is perfectly possible, but not necessarily desirable, since prayer support helps so much. But personal evagelism is not unbiblical. Phillip evagelized the eunuch by himself, but by God's guidance. I think that if you pray, and you listen for the Holy Spirit to tell you who to witness to, it is okay.

But I do urge you to let others know what you are doing so they can cover you with prayer and emotional support. It doesn't have to be the whole church, just some close friends and folks you know are strong prayer warriors.

Prayer gives us strength, and it weakens the enemy's strongholds. It is THE most effective weapon in any spiritual battle, and evangelism is a spiritual battle, especially a public ministry like the one you propose.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Well said Lambs love! I agree totally.

My simple answer is found in Isaiah 55:11

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Put out the Word. God will bless and use it for His Glory!

Upvote 0
I think it's fantastic. There are probably things you could do to make the experience better for the people you talk to. Prayer works and is essential. Maybe you could give some people some cool Christian books (not dopey ones that make us look like we are from the 17th century or something). Maybe it would be good to have a contact for a church or somewhere where people could further their experience. If you are in the City, there are many Churches for them to have a look at.
Anyway, these are some ideas, that maybe you have already considered.

I pray that God will bless this ministry that you have.

Upvote 0