• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

One Perfect Person

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Christ gave me a dream just now, where I saw an article from the Jamaica Gleaner Group. The article was saying that God does not provide one perfect person to someone, so in other words a man or woman, is not meant to be with just one person. It seems as if this article was directed at me.

First of all in Jamaica, where it is 'normal' for a man to have more than one women, and then have children for different women, is a highly dysfunctional society.

My grandmother for example had 4 children for 3 different men. She thought my grandfather would have married her, but unfortunately he got married to another woman in another country, and was not apart of his children's life. This woman is from Jamaica but lived in another country and so did my grandpa.

My mother met her father as a teen. During my grandpa's relationship with this new woman, he visited Jamaica, slept with my grandma and she became pregnant, with one of her children.

The woman who he married was not aware of the fact that he had children initially, I am not sure when he eventually told her, but it seems to be when his children were adults. Of course this woman was not aware, that he slept with my grandma during his relationship with her.

My grandmother raised all her children, without living with any man. She was a single mother. My grandma's mother also raised her on her own, without any father, however my grandma knew who her father was and she saw him periodically. However my grandma's mother died when my grandma was a young child and as a result her mother's parents raised her.

The above is an example of the type of dysfunctional relationships that exists in Jamaica. What are the consequences of the above? One of my grandma's children has never met his father, or his side of the family. I don't think he even knows his father's surname. This particular child (now an adult) is very harsh in his personality. When my grandma was alive, he constantly blamed her for abandoning him.

What happened was that my grandma got pregnant with him, my grandmother's grandma became the primary caregiver because my grandma was sent away, because her grandmother did not want her, to get pregnant again for the same man.

Another of my grandma's children did not know her father that much. I think she only met him once. When he died she went to his funeral, and her father's other children was not exactly friendly. They were wondering what she wanted from them, and why all of a sudden she suddenly emerged seemingly out of nowhere. As a result she does not have any form of relationship with any of her father's children.

My mother and her sibling did not grow up with their father. When my mother was young, her mother, my grandma, sent her to leave with her father's side of the family. My mother was ill treated by his sister. Someone told my grandma what was happening, and she came back to get back by mother, who know was angry with her mother, my grandma, for leaving her with her father's side of the family where she was ill treated and who she did not know.

So not only was my mother angry at her mother, my mother felt abandoned by her father, and so did her other sibling, and yes he abandoned his both children. My mother struggled with the fact that she was ill treated as a child, and her father was not in her life but left her, got married to another woman in another country.

My other mother's sibling also was affected by not having his father around when he was growing up. He did not know what it is like to have a father.

No marriage or relationship will ever be perfect. God never said that a relationship would be perfect, but God has laid out guidelines for us to follow, in order to prevent the type of situation above.

When a man and woman marries, being faithful to Jesus Christ and each other, as God requires, loving each other, dedicated to each other, and their family, they provide a stable home for their children to grow up and live in.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JazzHands

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
he article was saying that God does not provide one perfect person to someone, so in other words a man or woman, is not meant to be with just one person.
example of the type of dysfunctional relationships that exists in Jamaica.

The bible teaches that a man is to be with one women together for life. All other arangements are simply disobedience to Gods rule.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No marriage or relationship will ever be perfect. God never said that a relationship would be perfect, but God has laid out guidelines for us to follow, in order to prevent the type of situation above.

When a man and woman marries, being faithful to Jesus Christ and each other, as God requires, loving each other, dedicated to each other, and their family, they provide a stable home for their children to grow up and live in.
Very true.

• Agree
Upvote 0