One Passover in Jerusalem (end of story)

RabbiJames

Jan 21, 2006
San Salvador
✟83,767.00
Country
El Salvador
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then he looked toward me, just for a brief moment, I felt something in my heart, which penetrated into the depth of my soul. I felt his thoughts which were saying; “thank you for showing me compassion, and for helping me with my burden. This burden I carry is for the whole world.”

I then saw one of the criminals that were nailed to a cross beside him, say something to him. Yeshua turned and spoke some soft words to this man, I saw this criminal smile, in spite of the pain and agony. The words that Yeshua spoke also penetrated his heart and soul.

My eyes welled up with tears, I couldn’t stand by any longer and see this suffering. I continued to walk back down the hill. I no longer wished to look back, but only to leave the city and leave behind me this scene of hate and pain, of suffering and grief.

I reached the inn where I was staying. I paid the innkeeper a few shekels of silver, then took the donkey and cart and headed north to Caesarea where I would continue on my journey. I just wanted to get away from this city, which now, only brought violence and hate to its Passover feast.

As I traveled northward, I noticed that the sky was turning dark, thick black clouds hid the sun from view. It was a strange feeling. A day turned like night. This had never happened. Even the donkey acted strangely. It stopped suddenly and started to bray, stomping the ground kicking up a cloud of dust.

I do not remember how long I stood there in the road. With the donkey, the cart, and all my wares, trying to figure out these strange events. I felt bewildered, a bit confused. Who was this Yeshua really? Messiah? God who became a man? A man connected to God in a way I could not understand?

Suddenly, I felt a rumble, from under the earth which grew louder. The ground under my feet began to shake. I heard a clap of thunder and saw a bolt of lightning that lit up the sky for one brief moment.

The sun then came out from behind the clouds and began to set toward the west. I turned once more to look towards the east, to gaze upon the city of Jerusalem, the Daughter of Zion, who murdered the prophets, whose inhabitants lay within the iron grasp of the Eagle of Rome.

I am telling these events the way I remember them. My name is Simon, a merchant from the city of Cyrene. This story is a legacy I have left to my two sons, Alexander and Rufus, who, like me, now follow in the footsteps of our Messiah, Yeshua.

by Rabbi Ben Avraham

This is one of the short stories from my eBook "God Tales, An Anthology" If you wish to receive a copy, just leave me a message.