west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The many times that the "Sabbath" of the LORD is given in the Old Testament (Genesis to Malachi)

Genesis
2:1-3; (see also, Genesis 18:19, 26:5, &c.)

The sabbath commandment in the beginning with God (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Psalms 119:142).

The sabbath commandment with Adam (Mark 2:27).
The sabbath commandment with Enoch (Genesis 5:22,24; Hebrews 11:5; Isaiah 58:13)
The sabbath commandment with Noah (Genesis 6:9; 2 Peter 2:5; Psalms 119:172).
The sabbath commandment with Eber (Genesis 10:21,24-25; Exodus 3:18, 5:3, 7:16).
The sabbath commandment with Abaham (Genesis 17:9, 18:19, 26:5; 2 Chronicles 20:7; Isaiah 41:8; James 2:23; John 15:14).
The sabbath commandment with Isaac (Genesis 17:9, 18:19, 26:5).
The sabbath commandment with Jacob/Israel (Genesis 17:9, 18:19, 26:5, 32:28).
The sabbath commandment with Moses (Exodus 5:4-5;, 16:1-36, 20:8-11; Deuteornomy 5:12-15, 31:12-18). ...
The sabbath commandment with Jesus (Luke 4:16-19).
The sabbath commandment with the Apostles/Disciples (Acts 1:2, (4:24), 13:14,27,42,44, (14:15), 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4; Hebrews 3:11,18, 4:1,3,4,5,8,9,10,11; Revelation 1:10, 10:6, 12:17, 14:6-7)
The sabbath commandment with us today (Hebrews 4:9; Revelation 12:17, 14:6-7; John 14:15; Exodus 20:6,8-11).
The sabbath commandment on into eternity (Isaiah 66:23).

Exodus 5:4-5,8-9, 16:23-30, 20:8-11, 23:12, 31:12-18, 34:21, 35:1-3
Leviticus 19:3,30, 23:3,11,15-16,38, 24:8, 26:2
Numbers 15:32, 28:9
Deuteronomy 5:12-15
2 Kings 4:23, 11:5,7,9, 16:18
1 Chronicles 9:32, 23:31
2 Chronicles 2:4, 8:13, 23:4,8, 31:3
Nehemiah 9:6,14, 10:31,33, 13:15-22
Psalms 92:1, 146:6
Isaiah 56:2,4,6, 58:13, 66:23
Jeremiah 17:21-27
Ezekiel 20:12-24, 22:8,26, 23:38, 44:24, 46:1,3-4,12
Amos 8:5

The many times that the "Sabbath" of the LORD is given in the New Testament:

Matthew 12:1,2,5,8,10,11,12, 24:20, 28:1;
Mark 1:21, 2:23,24,27,28, 3:2,4, 6:2, 7:6-9, 15:42, 16:1;
Luke 4:16,31, 6:1,2,5,6,7,9, 13:10,14,15,16, 14:1,3,5, 23:54,56;
John 5:9,10,16,18, 7:22,23, 9:14,16, 12:1 (calculated), 19:31;
Acts 1:2, 13:14,27,42,44, 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4;

Additional references are:

John 12:1 (six days before the Passover, Jesus was at Lazarus' house, on Sabbath)

Hebrews 3:11, 4:1,3,4,5,8,9,10,11; [Hebrews 4:9 "rest" Greek: sabbatismos, literal sabbath-keeping]

Revelation 1:10 [kuriake hemera, "the Lord's Day" [the 7th Day Sabbath, not "the Day of the Lord", this is totally different in the Greek], see Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:8-11, Deuteronomy 5:12:15, Isaiah 58:13, 66:23, Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:27,28; Luke 6:5 ], Revelation 10:6 [see also Exodus 20:11, 31:17; Nehemiah 9:6; Psalms 146:6; Acts 4:24, 14:15, Revelation 14:7]; Revelation 14:7 [see previous], etc

Additionally, further references in the Greek are [every single 'first [day] of the week' text, as each text clearly shows that the first day is simply a number, with no special association or designation, other than it is simply one day toward the culmination of the week, being the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God]:

Matthew 28:1(a) - (Koine Greek) οψε δε σαββατων (Transliterated) oye de sabbatwn
Matthew 28:1(b) - (Koine Greek) εις μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) eiV mian sabbatwn
Mark 16:2 - (Koine Greek) και λιαν πρωι της μιας σαββατων (Transliterated) kai lian prwi ths mias sabbatwn
Mark 16:9 - (Koine Greek) αναστας δε πρωι πρωτη σαββατου (Transliterated) anastas de prwi prwth sabbatou
Luke 24:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn
John 20:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn
John 20:19 - (Koine Greek) τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th mia twn sabbatwn
Acts 20:7 - (Koine Greek) εν δε τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) en de th mia twn sabbatwn
1 Corinthians 16:2 - (Koine Greek) κατα μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) kata mian sabbatwn

That the Sabbath [of the Lord thy God], [being] the 7th day, is always the culmination of the week in God's Created order and is always referred to as such in all of scripture.

Therefore, every single “first [day] of the week” text upholds the 7th Day Sabbath, and is undeniable evidence of its continued existence and prominence.
I don't deny the sabbath exists. So you're barking up the wrong tree here. Your NT references include no requirement. They only mention the sabbath. There's no sabbath (required or otherwise) in the new covenant tree. That squirrel has no nest in the new covenant.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where ever did I say it did? I have never said such a thing, nor taught it, neither implied.

Produce the evidence, otherwise the reaction is merely Hayfever, or known as straw-maning it. You simply attacked a position I never took (waste of ammo and energy, like Kim Jong Il and Un of N. Korea).
Have you ever said not keeping the 7th day sabbath is a sin? If so you also say righteousness depends on keeping the law. The Scripture says no in Romans.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The verses you quoted are usually taught out of context, but in proper context, Paul is referring to days and times when they (the Galatians) didn’t know God. See for yourself

Galatians 4:8-11 NIV

Notice that he said FORMERLY, indicating that there was a period when they didn’t know God and God didn’t know them - they weren’t obeying God, they were disobeying the law, they weren’t celebrating God’s holy days. They were PAGAN.

How can the Galatians “go back” to celebrating the holy days of God when they were FORMERLY pagans and were without God & Christ, living in disobedience to God and His Law?
In context Galatians is largely written to Jewish believers. The issues brought up in Galatians mean nothing to a gentile with no Jewish learning.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BobRyan said:
He was trying to persuade them to "Honor your father and mother" because "this is the first commandment WITH a promise"
6 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;

3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

There's nothing in the text indicating Paul is requiring the keeping of the law. If there were it would only prove Paul is an idiot because he also said "we are now delivered from the law."

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He was trying to persuade them that "what matters is KEEPING the commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
He was trying to persuade them to "Honor your father and mother" because "this is the first commandment WITH a promise" Eph 6:2 ...in that distinct unit of TEN.
He was trying to persuade them that "it is not the HEARERS of the LAW that are just before God but the DOERS of the LAW WILL be JUSTIFIED" Rom 2:13
He was trying to persuade them of the basics "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW" Rom 3:31
He was trying to remind them that it is only the lost who "do NOT submit to the LAW of God neither indeed CAN they" Romans 8:4-11.

Your opposition to Rom 2:13
"it is not the HEARERS of the LAW that are just before God but the DOERS of the LAW WILL be JUSTIFIED" Rom 2:13

Romans 3:20 uses the term "works of the Law" and not the term "doers of the Law" they are different. In Romans 3 the "Works of the Law" is in the context of "works without faith".

In any case your solution to Rom 2:13 is "not to look" and to read Rom 3:20 "instead" having not been informed by the context of Rom 2:13 for Romans 3.

Your opposition to "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW" Rom 3:31

Paul points out the the ceremonial law of circumcision ends while the "Commandments of God" continue - in 1 Cor 7:19

1 Cor 7
18 Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God. 20 Each man must remain in that condition in which he was called.

Your argument has been "what does not matter - is keeping the Commandments of God" and hence your suggestion does not survive "the details" in 1 Cor 7:19 where Paul points out the contrast between the ceremonial law (that does not matter after the cross) and the moral law of God (the Commandments of God) that does matter.
Yes Paul is teaching us to by pass Jesus because what matters is keeping the law. Why don't you see that as a false statement? Paul said "we are now delivered from the law." Both can't be true.

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your opposition to the Bible fact in Romans 8 that it is only the lost who "do NOT submit to the LAW of God neither indeed CAN they" Romans 8:4-11.
This isn't a reference about the lost.
Keep reading and find out that it is only the lost who "do not submit to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Rom 8
This law isn't the famous 10.
4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Those that are led by the Spirit aren't led by or to the famous 10. Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
in each case your "solution" is not to deal with the point raised in the text at all (Rom 8:6-7) - and read something else instead.
Your solution is to by pass even the Gospels for the law.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That makes no sense. Paul said they were going back to doing things they were formerly doing.

You can’t go back to doing something that you were never doing in the first place(such as keeping God’s holy days)
The things they were going back to are all Jewish issues.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He does. Like

23Before this faith came, we were held in custody under the Law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24So the Law became our guardian to lead us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
Yes the gentiles weren't locked up in the law given to Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The lost do not submit to the Law of God and indeed can not -- because all mankind has a sinful nature.

By contrast the saints obey the Commandments of God as Romans 8 points out because they "walk according to the Spirit" not in rebellion against the Word of God - but in obedience to it.

1 John 5:2-3 "this IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments"
Rev 14:12 "the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"
1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quotes from the TEN commandments... true after the cross in Romans 13 above and also true before the cross in Matthew 19 according to Christ.

It is the section of "the TEN" dealing not with man's duty to God but with man's duty to man. It is not Christ or Paul arguing "well then it is ok to take God's name in vain".

Owe nothing to any man (man's duty to man) is the context and the TEN Commandments serve to show what is required.
Matthew 19 doesn't say what you want it to say. Read the whole story and believe what the OT says.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Neh 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Psa_146:6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

Rev_10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Act 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

Act 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
Act 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever said not keeping the 7th day sabbath is a sin?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. (Romans 7:12,16; 1 Timothy 1:8)

Rom_6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom_6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom_6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom_7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Exo_13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
Exo_16:4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

Exo_24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Gen_2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Gen_5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
1Co_15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Col_1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... There's no sabbath (required or otherwise) in the new covenant tree. That squirrel has no nest in the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31-34; Isaiah 56:1,8, John 10:16, Isaiah 56:2-7; Ezekiel 36:25-29, 37:26-28; Hebrews 8:8-13, 10:16; 2 Corinthians 3:3; John 14:15; Exodus 20:6; Hebrews 4:1-13; Act 4:24, 14:15-16, 17:30, Revelation 14:6-7, etc.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. (Romans 7:12,16; 1 Timothy 1:8)

Rom_6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom_6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom_6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom_7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Exo_13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
Exo_16:4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

Exo_24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
The answer to my question is a single word of no more than three letters. I know what Scripture says.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah 31:31-34; Isaiah 56:1,8, John 10:16, Isaiah 56:2-7; Ezekiel 36:25-29, 37:26-28; Hebrews 8:8-13, 10:16; 2 Corinthians 3:3; John 14:15; Exodus 20:6; Hebrews 4:1-13; Act 4:24, 14:15-16, 17:30, Revelation 14:6-7, etc.
Nothing in the OT commands any one in the NT. So those passages are answered.
Jn 10:16 says nothing about any sabbath. You only posted it to try and prove Christians are Jews obligated to the covenant made with their fathers, while your first passage says otherwise.

Heb 8:8-13 is a quote of your first reference. No requirement there either. Nothing in Hebrews requires sabbath keeping.

There's absolutely nothing in any of your other verses even mentioning the sabbath.

Want to try again?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The many times that the "Sabbath" of the LORD is given in the Old Testament (Genesis to Malachi)

Genesis
2:1-3; (see also, Genesis 18:19, 26:5, &c.)

The sabbath commandment in the beginning with God (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Psalms 119:142).

The sabbath commandment with Adam (Mark 2:27).
The sabbath commandment with Enoch (Genesis 5:22,24; Hebrews 11:5; Isaiah 58:13)
The sabbath commandment with Noah (Genesis 6:9; 2 Peter 2:5; Psalms 119:172).
The sabbath commandment with Eber (Genesis 10:21,24-25; Exodus 3:18, 5:3, 7:16).
The sabbath commandment with Abaham (Genesis 17:9, 18:19, 26:5; 2 Chronicles 20:7; Isaiah 41:8; James 2:23; John 15:14).
The sabbath commandment with Isaac (Genesis 17:9, 18:19, 26:5).
The sabbath commandment with Jacob/Israel (Genesis 17:9, 18:19, 26:5, 32:28).
The sabbath commandment with Moses (Exodus 5:4-5;, 16:1-36, 20:8-11; Deuteornomy 5:12-15, 31:12-18). ...
The sabbath commandment with Jesus (Luke 4:16-19).
The sabbath commandment with the Apostles/Disciples (Acts 1:2, (4:24), 13:14,27,42,44, (14:15), 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4; Hebrews 3:11,18, 4:1,3,4,5,8,9,10,11; Revelation 1:10, 10:6, 12:17, 14:6-7)
The sabbath commandment with us today (Hebrews 4:9; Revelation 12:17, 14:6-7; John 14:15; Exodus 20:6,8-11).
The sabbath commandment on into eternity (Isaiah 66:23).

Exodus 5:4-5,8-9, 16:23-30, 20:8-11, 23:12, 31:12-18, 34:21, 35:1-3
Leviticus 19:3,30, 23:3,11,15-16,38, 24:8, 26:2
Numbers 15:32, 28:9
Deuteronomy 5:12-15
2 Kings 4:23, 11:5,7,9, 16:18
1 Chronicles 9:32, 23:31
2 Chronicles 2:4, 8:13, 23:4,8, 31:3
Nehemiah 9:6,14, 10:31,33, 13:15-22
Psalms 92:1, 146:6
Isaiah 56:2,4,6, 58:13, 66:23
Jeremiah 17:21-27
Ezekiel 20:12-24, 22:8,26, 23:38, 44:24, 46:1,3-4,12
Amos 8:5

The many times that the "Sabbath" of the LORD is given in the New Testament:

Matthew 12:1,2,5,8,10,11,12, 24:20, 28:1;
Mark 1:21, 2:23,24,27,28, 3:2,4, 6:2, 7:6-9, 15:42, 16:1;
Luke 4:16,31, 6:1,2,5,6,7,9, 13:10,14,15,16, 14:1,3,5, 23:54,56;
John 5:9,10,16,18, 7:22,23, 9:14,16, 12:1 (calculated), 19:31;
Acts 1:2, 13:14,27,42,44, 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4;

Additional references are:

John 12:1 (six days before the Passover, Jesus was at Lazarus' house, on Sabbath)

Hebrews 3:11, 4:1,3,4,5,8,9,10,11; [Hebrews 4:9 "rest" Greek: sabbatismos, literal sabbath-keeping]

Revelation 1:10 [kuriake hemera, "the Lord's Day" [the 7th Day Sabbath, not "the Day of the Lord", this is totally different in the Greek], see Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:8-11, Deuteronomy 5:12:15, Isaiah 58:13, 66:23, Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:27,28; Luke 6:5 ], Revelation 10:6 [see also Exodus 20:11, 31:17; Nehemiah 9:6; Psalms 146:6; Acts 4:24, 14:15, Revelation 14:7]; Revelation 14:7 [see previous], etc
I might have believed you if you wrote the sabbath was mentioned, instead of given. I have a hard copy concordance as well as access to some on line versions.
Additionally, further references in the Greek are [every single 'first [day] of the week' text, as each text clearly shows that the first day is simply a number, with no special association or designation, other than it is simply one day toward the culmination of the week, being the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God]:

Matthew 28:1(a) - (Koine Greek) οψε δε σαββατων (Transliterated) oye de sabbatwn
Matthew 28:1(b) - (Koine Greek) εις μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) eiV mian sabbatwn
Mark 16:2 - (Koine Greek) και λιαν πρωι της μιας σαββατων (Transliterated) kai lian prwi ths mias sabbatwn
Mark 16:9 - (Koine Greek) αναστας δε πρωι πρωτη σαββατου (Transliterated) anastas de prwi prwth sabbatou
Luke 24:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn
John 20:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn
John 20:19 - (Koine Greek) τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th mia twn sabbatwn
Acts 20:7 - (Koine Greek) εν δε τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) en de th mia twn sabbatwn
1 Corinthians 16:2 - (Koine Greek) κατα μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) kata mian sabbatwn

That the Sabbath [of the Lord thy God], [being] the 7th day, is always the culmination of the week in God's Created order and is always referred to as such in all of scripture.

Therefore, every single “first [day] of the week” text upholds the 7th Day Sabbath, and is undeniable evidence of its continued existence and prominence.
Since the sabbath is so important, why is there no reference about Jesus and the sabbath after the resurrection?

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luk 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
Luk 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Act 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.