Midwest
✟301,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading is not the same as understanding what it is that you are reading. You see the word "sabbath" in it and then jump to a conclusion that is not evident in the context of the message.
Amen sister! ‘nuff said— ;)

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again---
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus hadgiven them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works
, AS GOD DID FROM HIS.
Unless, of course, you, too, believe Jesus was resting in Jesus---as He is the Creator.
Hello.

Something wrong with your translation.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus hadgiven them rest
That's not a correct translation.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose if they something often enough people will give up and walk away... I believe it is trying to get in the last word. :D
Lol like how political organizations have thousands of people on command Tweet the same talking points thinking a majority of robots are telling the truth.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Hello.

Something wrong with your translation.

That's not a correct translation.

The Greek word can be translated as either Jesus or Joshua, and she's probably using the KJV as it says "Jesus" in it, but most translations use "Joshua" as it is the more correct word based on the context of the end of chapter 3, where it talks about Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt and that those who disobeyed did not enter God's rest (Israel) so Joshua was the one who actually led them into it. But of course, Joshua didn't really give them rest as only Christ is capable of it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Greek word can be translated as either Jesus or Joshua, and she's probably using the KJV as it says "Jesus" in it, but most translations use "Joshua" as it is the more correct word based on the context of the end of chapter 3, where it talks about Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt and that those who disobeyed did not enter God's rest (Israel) so Joshua was the one who actually led them into it. But of course, Joshua didn't really give them rest as only Christ is capable of it.

I knew I shouldn't have peeked---Joshua is the OT name for Jesus--look it up.

From the Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ (Yehoshu'a) meaning "YAHWEH is salvation", from the roots יְהוֹ (yeho) referring to the Hebrew God and יָשַׁע (yasha') meaning "to save". As told in the Old Testament, Joshua was a companion of Moses.

OK---I am unwatching this thread now--you all can have at it.

• Winner
Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Correct, love is written into the believers heart.

The Law of God, Ten Commandments is love expressed in words, James 2:8, the very Law for God's own people who are Kings (Royal) and Priests (Holy) It is God's own character codified, see Exodus 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-6:

Exo 33:12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
Exo 33:13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
Exo 33:14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
Exo 33:15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
Exo 33:16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
Exo 33:17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
Exo 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
Exo 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Exo 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
Exo 33:21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
Exo 33:22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
Exo 33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Exo 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
Exo 34:2 And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount.
Exo 34:3 And no man shall come up with thee, neither let any man be seen throughout all the mount; neither let the flocks nor herds feed before that mount.
Exo 34:4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone.
Exo 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
Exo 34:6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Exo 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
Exo 34:8 And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.
Exo 34:9 And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

As His name is, so is He.

Not the prohibitions of the law.

You still do not understand even the first thing in Galatians, even from the beginning. The Law of God, Ten Commandments are all promises of God to us-ward, His "I will", in the New/Everlasting/Eternal Covenant. You are reading them from the other side, rather than the mercy side.

You still have not understood God's Law as it is in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:3-4) and go about to establish your own law of righteousness ('right'-doing) apart from the will of God, the Ten Commandments (Psalms 40:8). You have not even understood the foundation (and for this I am sad, just sad, and would hope that you understand soon. Please, go back and read Galatians again, prayerfully, upon your knees asking God for light, for help, for wisdom, for repentance). You currently think they are only prohibitions. They are only prohibitions to the carnally minded, but to those walking in the Spirit, they are all His promises to bring us back into full atonement with His perfect will, and love.

Moreover:

Galatians 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though [it be] but a man's covenant, yet [if it be] confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

This New/Everlasting/Eternal Covenant [which existed before the 'old', even from eternity, for the Father and Son clasped hands in agreement, the Holy Ghost as Witness, should [when] sin [the mystery of iniquity] arise, they would work out the plan of Redemption, thus it is “the everlasting covenant” or the covenant of life and peace, or the counsel of peace, ratified by the blood of the Son of God Himself and by the Father in Heaven, see Psalms 89:3,28,34, 105:8; Isaiah 13:12, 42:6; Malachi 2:5 [Jesus is the True Levi, meaning attached unto His Father], 3:1; John 19:30 [he finished laying the foundation, the words were unto His Father], 17:24 [the agreement in eternity past was made, Jesus kept His word, performed His vows, and now the promise from the Father was to be fulfilled]; John 3:16; John 19:28; Hebrews 13:20; Revelation 13:8; Psalms 40:7-8; Hebrews 10:7-9; Psalms 116:14-18; Ezekiel 38:23; John 17:19; John 10:18; 8:28; Psalms 110:4; Zechariah 6:13, etc., etc. for surely as the Rainbow is above God's throne, so the covenant between Father and Son, witnessed by the Holy Ghost, is eternal], made between the Father and the Son in eternity, witnessd by the Holy Ghost, was “confirmed” [“he shall confirm the covenant with many” Daniel 9:27 and "confirmed" at the first by Jesus [Hebrews 2:3; Romans 15:8] and afterward by the disciples for the remaining time] by Jesus Christ, and was mentioned at the "Last Supper" [what we would call Thursday night] [“For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” Matthew 26:28; see also Mark 14:24 “my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many” and also Luke 22:20 “cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you” and also 1 Corinthians 11:24 “This cup is the new testament in my blood”], and thus was ratified by the shed blood of Jesus at Calvary and thus by His death [Psalms 116:14,18, and ratified by the Father upon His ascension, Psalms 61:5], which means that nothing may be removed [Luke 23:56, "Sabbath (the 7th day; God's rest) according to the commandment"] and nothing may be added ["first" [day], cannot be added, as it is far too late from Calvary] once confirmed by the death [on what we would call Friday afternoon] of the Testator - Christ Jesus [Hebrews 10:29].

The only way to change/ratify the Covenant would be for Christ Jesus to die again [Hebrews 9:16-17] and shed additional blood [Hebrews 12:4]. And we know that Christ Jesus "once for all" [Hebrews 10:10] paid the redemption price and "dieth no more" [Romans 6:9], and is "alive for evermore" [Revelation 1:18].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... (Jesus) The only one who ever really kept the law.

Jesus broke the Sabbath and also claimed equality with God. ...

How broken the carnal logic is, in so short a space, which refuses to bow to God's will, and how blind that it cannot see, nor hear, nor understand what is written. Look:

"kept the law"
"broke the Sabbath (of the law)"

To break a law is not to keep a law.

Psa_89:31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;

The Bible defines itself, line upon line, and this is in parallelism, for the ways of the Lord are equal, as a perfectly balanced equation, without contradiction, unbreakable (John 10:35).

Psa_89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom_2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

Joh_8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it’s Joshua. Good catch.

Borrowed, and cited from - Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

"Hebrews 4:8 KJB - For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

rest” = [G2664] “κατεπαυσεν”, “katepausen”

The KJB translators were faithful to the underlying GNT TR, which reads:

Hebrews 4:8 GNT TR - ει γαρ αυτους ιησους κατεπαυσεν ουκ αν περι αλλης ελαλει μετα ταυτα ημερας

Hebrews 4:8 HNT - כי אלו הניח להם יהושע לא־היה מדבר אחרי כן על־יום אחר׃

See also:

Acts 7:45 KJB - Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;

Acts 7:45 GNT TR - ην και εισηγαγον διαδεξαμενοι οι πατερες ημων μετα ιησου εν τη κατασχεσει των εθνων ων εξωσεν ο θεος απο προσωπου των πατερων ημων εως των ημερων δαβιδ

Acts 7:45 HNT - ואבותינו לקחהו וגם־הביאהו אתם הם ויהושע ברשתם את־ארצות הגוים אשר גרש אתם אלהים מפני אבותינו עד־ימי דוד׃

There are even Concordances these days, such as the latest Strong's which no longer list these two verses under "Jesus".

These two texts [Hebrews 4:8; Acts 7:45 KJB] are dualistic, in that it refers to both:

Jesus” [ie. Joshua, the son of Nun] and,

For instance:

Joshua 5:13 HOT - ויהי בהיות יהושׁע ביריחו וישׂא עיניו וירא והנה־אישׁ עמד לנגדו וחרבו שׁלופה בידו וילך יהושׁע אליו ויאמר לו הלנו אתה אם־לצרינו׃

Joshua 5:13 HOT Translit. - way'hiy Bih'yôt y'hôshuª Biyriychô waYiSä ëynäyw waYar' w'hiNëh-iysh omëd l'neg'Dô w'char'Bô sh'lûfäh B'yädô waYëlekh' y'hôshuª ëläyw waYomer lô hálänû aTäh im-l'tzärëynû

Joshua 5:13 so-called LXX* - Καὶ ἐγένετο ὡς ἦν Ἰησοῦς ἐν Ιεριχω, καὶ ἀναβλέψας τοῖς ὀφθαλμοῖς εἶδεν ἄνθρωπον ἑστηκότα ἐναντίον αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἡ ῥομφαία ἐσπασμένη ἐν τῇ χειρὶ αὐτοῦ. καὶ προσελθὼν Ἰησοῦς εἶπεν αὐτῷ Ἡμέτερος εἶ ἢ τῶν ὑπεναντίων;

Remember that Joshua was the human leader, but Christ Jesus was the non-human leader at the time before Joshua, in the pillar of cloud and fire:

Joshua 5:13 KJB - And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

Joshua 5:14 KJB - And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?

Joshua 5:15 KJB - And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

Thus we see Joshua [son of Nun] and Jesus [Joshua, Son of God] together.

Jesus” [ie. Jesus, the Son of God], who was with them in the cloudy pillar and in the pillar of fire, leading them into the Promised Land of earthly Canaan:

Exodus 14:24 KJB - And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

Exodus 23:21 KJB - Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

Exodus 23:23 KJB - For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

Exodus 33:2 KJB - And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:

Exodus 32:34 KJB - Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.

Numbers 12:5 KJB - And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

Numbers 14:14 KJB - And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou LORD art among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.

Deuteronomy 31:15 KJB - And the LORD appeared in the tabernacle in a pillar of a cloud: and the pillar of the cloud stood over the door of the tabernacle.

Nehemiah 9:12 KJB - Moreover thou leddest them in the day by a cloudy pillar; and in the night by a pillar of fire, to give them light in the way wherein they should go.

Isaiah 63:9 KJB - In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old."

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How broken the carnal logic is, in so short a space, which refuses to bow to God's will, and how blind that it cannot see, nor hear, nor understand what is written. Look:

"kept the law"

The Bible defines itself, line upon line, and this is in parallelism, for the ways of the Lord are equal, as a perfectly balanced equation, without contradiction, unbreakable (John 10:35).

Psa_89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom_2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

Joh_8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Priests under the law worked on the Sabbath.

Matthew 12:5
Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent?

John 5:18
For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

Technically speaking Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath, therefore Jesus was not under the Sabbath. The Sabbath was made for man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where do I start?
The Law of God, Ten Commandments is love expressed in words, James 2:8
Your quotation James 2:8, is referring to the verse below.

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord.

That according to James is the royal law. There is no mention of the ten commandments in James 2:8. Why did you make that claim and not support the claim?
the very Law for God's own people who are Kings (Royal) and Priests (Holy) It is God's own character codified, see Exodus 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-6:
Those verses you quoted are referring to the nation of Israel. Where does it say, 'It is God's own character codified'?

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Priests under the law worked on the Sabbath.

Matthew 12:5
Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent?

And Christians are now of that priesthood. Hence, no unrepentant sin for not observing a ceremonial day of the week as per the old covenant, even if Christians were still somehow under the law, which we are not.

4 Now you are coming to him as to a living stone. Even though this stone was rejected by humans, from God’s perspective it is chosen, valuable.
5 You yourselves are being built like living stones into a spiritual temple. You are being made into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6 Thus it is written in scripture, Look! I am laying a cornerstone in Zion, chosen, valuable. The person who believes in him will never be shamed.
7 So God honors you who believe. For those who refuse to believe, though, the stone the builders tossed aside has become the capstone.
8 This is a stone that makes people stumble and a rock that makes them fall. Because they refuse to believe in the word, they stumble. Indeed, this is the end to which they were appointed.
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people who are God’s own possession. You have become this people so that you may speak of the wonderful acts of the one who called you out of darkness into his amazing light.
10 Once you weren’t a people, but now you are God’s people. Once you hadn’t received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
(1 Peter 2:4-10)​

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Where do I start?

Your quotation James 2:8, is referring to the verse below.

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord.

That according to James is the royal law. There is no mention of the ten commandments in James 2:8. Why did you make that claim and not support the claim?

Those verses you quoted are referring to the nation of Israel. Where does it say, 'It is God's own character codified'?

to the sabbatarian, love and law apparently mean the exact same thing and there is no difference between the two words. They are interchangeable. Anytime anyone mentions love being superior to law, it tends to set them off with page after page of legalese with the implication that the entire character of God is limited to ten commandments written on stone tablets. I personally can't conceive how God could be limited in this way. After all, I'm not limited by any sets of rules I give to people under my care, but somehow God himself has this limitation. His entire character is apparently bound by them.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lol like how political organizations have thousands of people on command Tweet the same talking points thinking a majority of robots are telling the truth.
I do wonder if some of the posts here aren't bots.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Law of God, Ten Commandments is love expressed in words, James 2:8, the very Law for God's own people who are Kings (Royal) and Priests (Holy) It is God's own character codified, see Exodus 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-6:

Exo 33:12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
Exo 33:13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
Exo 33:14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
Exo 33:15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
Exo 33:16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
Exo 33:17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
Exo 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
Exo 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Exo 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
Exo 33:21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
Exo 33:22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
Exo 33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Exo 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
Exo 34:2 And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount.
Exo 34:3 And no man shall come up with thee, neither let any man be seen throughout all the mount; neither let the flocks nor herds feed before that mount.
Exo 34:4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone.
Exo 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
Exo 34:6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Exo 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
Exo 34:8 And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.
Exo 34:9 And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

As His name is, so is He.

You still do not understand even the first thing in Galatians, even from the beginning. The Law of God, Ten Commandments are all promises of God to us-ward, His "I will", in the New/Everlasting/Eternal Covenant. You are reading them from the other side, rather than the mercy side.

You still have not understood God's Law as it is in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:3-4) and go about to establish your own law of righteousness ('right'-doing) apart from the will of God, the Ten Commandments (Psalms 40:8). You have not even understood the foundation (and for this I am sad, just sad, and would hope that you understand soon. Please, go back and read Galatians again, prayerfully, upon your knees asking God for light, for help, for wisdom, for repentance). You currently think they are only prohibitions. They are only prohibitions to the carnally minded, but to those walking in the Spirit, they are all His promises to bring us back into full atonement with His perfect will, and love.
No way our righteousness doesn't come by the law and the law can't take away our righteousness.

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 3 - I would like to quote most of the chapter here, but verses 2 and 3 make my point.
Moreover:

Galatians 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though [it be] but a man's covenant, yet [if it be] confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Isn't this the man Abraham's covenant?
This New/Everlasting/Eternal Covenant [which existed before the 'old', even from eternity, for the Father and Son clasped hands in agreement, the Holy Ghost as Witness, should [when] sin [the mystery of iniquity] arise, they would work out the plan of Redemption, thus it is “the everlasting covenant” or the covenant of life and peace, or the counsel of peace, ratified by the blood of the Son of God Himself and by the Father in Heaven, see Psalms 89:3,28,34, 105:8; Isaiah 13:12, 42:6; Malachi 2:5 [Jesus is the True Levi, meaning attached unto His Father], 3:1; John 19:30 [he finished laying the foundation, the words were unto His Father], 17:24 [the agreement in eternity past was made, Jesus kept His word, performed His vows, and now the promise from the Father was to be fulfilled]; John 3:16; John 19:28; Hebrews 13:20; Revelation 13:8; Psalms 40:7-8; Hebrews 10:7-9; Psalms 116:14-18; Ezekiel 38:23; John 17:19; John 10:18; 8:28; Psalms 110:4; Zechariah 6:13, etc., etc. for surely as the Rainbow is above God's throne, so the covenant between Father and Son, witnessed by the Holy Ghost, is eternal], made between the Father and the Son in eternity, witnessd by the Holy Ghost, was “confirmed” [“he shall confirm the covenant with many” Daniel 9:27 and "confirmed" at the first by Jesus [Hebrews 2:3; Romans 15:8] and afterward by the disciples for the remaining time] by Jesus Christ, and was mentioned at the "Last Supper" [what we would call Thursday night] [“For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” Matthew 26:28; see also Mark 14:24 “my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many” and also Luke 22:20 “cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you” and also 1 Corinthians 11:24 “This cup is the new testament in my blood”], and thus was ratified by the shed blood of Jesus at Calvary and thus by His death [Psalms 116:14,18, and ratified by the Father upon His ascension, Psalms 61:5], which means that nothing may be removed [Luke 23:56, "Sabbath (the 7th day; God's rest) according to the commandment"] and nothing may be added ["first" [day], cannot be added, as it is far too late from Calvary] once confirmed by the death [on what we would call Friday afternoon] of the Testator - Christ Jesus [Hebrews 10:29].
Where did you get this quote from?
The only way to change/ratify the Covenant would be for Christ Jesus to die again [Hebrews 9:16-17] and shed additional blood [Hebrews 12:4]. And we know that Christ Jesus "once for all" [Hebrews 10:10] paid the redemption price and "dieth no more" [Romans 6:9], and is "alive for evermore" [Revelation 1:18].

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"kept the law"

And what is Jesus teaching when He says "but I say...." Is it the famous 10? My understanding is Jesus is making a comparative statement of disagreement. If you argue Jesus is expanding (adding to) the meaning, that is altering. My understanding because of the phrase "but I say..." is flat out changing the law. There's no net difference.
Now this verse is a great question I'd love for you to answer in a direct manner.

What commandments did Jesus keep? Aren't they the famous 10? If so what are the "my commandments" of your quoted verse?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The truth might--but this isn't truth!---You see---I've been debating Mormons for years now, on this website. And this is one of the arguments I have with them. They believe you must keep the 10 commandments in order to enter into the presence of God. And they are very strict with Sabbath, also---except it is on Sunday. And I keep telling them, you can keep all 10 and still be lost, as God only accepts those who love Him--we keep the 10 because we are saved not in order to be saved. They insist, you have to keep the law and do other good works also. The more good works, the higher up you get. Only recently I mentioned that not one single Mormon has ever kept the 10 as they keep Sunday and the Sabbath is the 7th day. All of a sudden I got all the same arguments that we get from the Sunday keepers. I had to get off the subject as it was off topic and the thread was ending up like here--a Sabbath thread instead of what the OP had in mind (which I can't remember the topic right now).
You go ahead and keep your little misconstrued concepts of what we think. It isn't true, but if it makes your conscience feel better, and quiets it--by all means. ;)o_O

Gen 3:1..."Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"--- Translation--God didn't really say that did He?
Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

There is a better way than what God said. His methods have not changed---and why should they, they keep working.
Would that mean I don't have to keep the 4th commandment to enter God's presence?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They met in homes for a very long time, the 1st church they think wasn't until about 230 AD -- and as that verse pointed out---they even met down by the rivers also.
You're a little mixed up. The church didn't meet down by the river. There was no synagogue and a Jewish woman held religious activities down by the river. She, the leader became a convert after leaving the river. Read the story.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Besides God Himself telling us in Exodus 20:8-11, have you considered the linguistics we commonly use even today?

such as:

[1] a "gerund"

[2] a "nominalization" Type B (zero derivation)

etc?

Example 1.

(used as Noun) Please give the "solve" for the equation, "2+2=?"

(used as verb) Please "solve" the equation "2+2=?"

(used simulaneously, a little clunky but still valid) Please "solve" the "solve" of the equation "2+2=?"

Example 2.

(used as a noun) I got into my "ride" and took off.

(used as a verb) I need to "ride" to my destination today.

(used simultaneously) I got into my "ride" to "ride" to my destination today.

Example 3.

(used as a noun) I went to "work" today.

(used as a verb) I went to "work" today.

(used simultaneously) It is too much "work" to go into "work" today.
God told Israel, not us as in the whole world. Besides that Moses said the 4th was to Israel as a sign in Ex 31:31, 17. That can't be if the the whole world observes it for the same purpose. It wouldn't be exclusive.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.