Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Then what are they according to LDS theology?

Are the Mother and Father Gods physical? flesh and bone?

They are immortal, exalted flesh and bone without blood.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
born
/bôrn/
Learn to pronounce
past participle of bear1 (sense 4).
adjective
existing as a result of birth.
"he was born in Seattle"
define born - Google Search
  • Her dream of owning farm was born when she visited the countryside as a child.
  • The wine is born [=created] from the union of two very different grapes.
  • a mentality born in the age of computers
  • Their relationship was born of necessity [=established because it was necessary in some way], but it has developed into a true and lasting friendship.
  • Church leaders assert that the recent unrest in the city is born out of [=has occurred because of] years of neglect of the city's poor neighborhoods.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Thank You for that definition in your thinking. That's cool.

Saying spirits are angels is not the same as saying angels are spirit.
Most people here are saying angels are spirit in nature.
Am I correct that you are saying that human spirits become angels?
Why were not those spirits angels before coming to earth?

Hebrews 1:7 He talks about the angels: He’s the one who uses the spirits for his messengers and who uses flames of fire as ministers.

Exodus 3:2There the angel of the Lord appeared to him as a flame coming from the middle of a bush. Moses saw that the bush was on fire but that it was not burning up.

Deuteronomy 33:2
The Lord came from Mount Sinai; he rose like the sun over Edom and shone on his people from Mount Paran. Ten thousand angels were with him, a flaming fire at his right hand.

Psalm 104:4 (NET)
104:4 He makes the winds his messengers,and the flaming fire his attendant

Content On: Angelology | Bible.org

Job 38:7 Good News Translation (GNT)
7 In the dawn of that day the stars sang together,
and the heavenly beings shouted for joy.

Acts 23:9The shouting became louder, and some of the teachers of the Law who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and protested strongly: “We cannot find a thing wrong with this man! Perhaps a spirit or an angel really did speak to him!”

Hebrews 1:14What are the angels, then? They are spirits who serve God and are sent by him to help those who are to receive salvation.
As you quoted:

Hebrews 1:14What are the angels, then? They are spirits who serve God and are sent by him to help those who are to receive salvation

This is what we believe:

(Guide to the Scriptures | A Angels:Entry)

ANGELS

There are two kinds of beings in heaven who are called angels: those who are spirits and those who have bodies of flesh and bone. Angels who are spirits have not yet obtained a body of flesh and bone, or they are spirits who have once had a mortal body and are awaiting resurrection. Angels who have bodies of flesh and bone have either been resurrected from the dead or translated.

There are many references in scripture to the work of angels. Sometimes angels speak with a voice of thunder as they deliver God's messages (Mosiah 27:11–16). Righteous mortal men may also be called angels (JST, Gen. 19:15). Some angels serve around the throne of God in heaven (Alma 36:22).

The scriptures also speak of the devil's angels. These are those spirits who followed Lucifer and were thrust out of God's presence in the premortal life and cast down to the earth (Rev. 12:1–9; 2 Ne. 9:9, 16; D&C 29:36–37).

Jacob saw angels of God ascending and descending, Gen. 28:12. Angels of God met Jacob, Gen. 32:1–2. Gideon saw an angel of the Lord face to face, Judg. 6:22. An angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, 2 Sam. 24:16. An angel touched Elijah and said to him, Arise and eat, 1 Kgs. 19:5–7. Daniel saw the angel Gabriel in a vision, Dan. 8:15–16. The angel Michael helped Daniel, Dan. 10:13. The angel Gabriel was sent from God, Luke 1:19, 26–27. The devil's angels will be reserved in chains unto the judgment, Jude 1:6 (2 Pet. 2:4). People saw angels descending out of heaven, 3 Ne. 17:24. Moroni wrote about the ministering of angels, Moro. 7:25–32. The Aaronic Priesthood holds the keys of the ministering of angels, D&C 13. Moroni, John the Baptist, Peter, James, John, Moses, Elijah, and Elias all ministered to Joseph Smith as angels, D&C 27:5–12. Ye are not able to abide the ministering of angels, D&C 67:13. Michael, the archangel, is Adam, D&C 107:54. Angels are resurrected personages, having bodies of flesh and bones, D&C 129. There are no angels who minister to this earth but those who belong to it, D&C 130:5. Men who do not obey God's law of eternal marriage neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, D&C 132:16–17.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
"...blood is the life of the mortal body.

"But with the body brought forth in the resurrection, which is the immortal body, that is not the case. In it blood does not exist, but the spirit is the life giving power."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 2, p. 286

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It's not having different believes, it is the fact that you consistently veil those believes and use "Christianese" to veil the core of your believes. What you call the milk---it is not milk, it is deception.
Look who is talking.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
why do women who leave lds church refer to "eternally pregnant" ? There must be some at least in your church that thinks such. Why are they not corrected?

If their exalted husbands have multiple wives the wives can take turns. It will take a lot of spirit children to populate a planet; the people on the planet have to "be fruitful and multiply" because those spirits are waiting for their bodies.

What blessings await those who live worthy of exaltation? (Godhood, having all things subject to them, having angels subject to them, having all power, living with Jesus.) Point out that just as Jesus Christ was promised all that the Father has, we can also receive all power and dominion, becoming creators of other spirits and other worlds.
“Lesson 29: Exaltation,” Young Women Manual 2, 1993, p. 110

"Mortal persons who overcome all things and gain an ultimate exaltation will live eternally in the family unit and have spirit children, thus becoming Eternal Fathers and Mothers."
Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 517

• Informative
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Explanation warranted.
I have shown you time and again how the spirit lives on after a person dies and you still veil those beliefs. Those beliefs are much like the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses but are not mainstream Christianity.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have shown you time and again how the spirit lives on after a person dies and you still veil those beliefs. Those beliefs are much like the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses but are not mainstream Christianity.

That is not what was saying by being deceptive. I plainly SAID, YOU DO NOT TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR BELIEVES TO NEW RECRUITS. YOU HIDE THEM. IT IS NOT IN THE LEAST THE SAME THING AS YOUR BELIEVE THAT THE SPIRIT IS AN ACTUAL SOIRIT. YES, YOU KEEP TELLING ME THAT IS WHAT Y0U BELIEVE AND I KEEP TELLING Y0U WE BELIEVE THE SPIRIT THAT RETURNS TO GOD IS THE BREATH OF LIFE. WE IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM HIDE THAT BELIEVE, WE ARE RIGHT UP FRONT WITH IT. WE TELL EVERYBODY, WE DON'T HAVE MILK---WE HAND PEOPLE THE WHOLE STEAK.

Sorry--did not mean to capitalize all that---too lazy to go back and change it.
Anyway. What we believe I know is not mainstream Christianity, most believe when we die some sort of spirit is down in hell or up in heaven -- then it gets reunited with it's body at the resurrection.
The bible states that when Jesus returns His reward is with Him---so you can't receive you reward or punishment until He returns. The punishment is not handed down until after the judgment so how can you be in hell right after you die? Point being---we are not deceiving anyone with what we say---we tell it from the start---you guys don't tell the whole truth until much later.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That is not what was saying by being deceptive. I plainly SAID, YOU DO NOT TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR BELIEVES TO NEW RECRUITS. YOU HIDE THEM. IT IS NOT IN THE LEAST THE SAME THING AS YOUR BELIEVE THAT THE SPIRIT IS AN ACTUAL SOIRIT. YES, YOU KEEP TELLING ME THAT IS WHAT Y0U BELIEVE AND I KEEP TELLING Y0U WE BELIEVE THE SPIRIT THAT RETURNS TO GOD IS THE BREATH OF LIFE. WE IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM HIDE THAT BELIEVE, WE ARE RIGHT UP FRONT WITH IT. WE TELL EVERYBODY, WE DON'T HAVE MILK---WE HAND PEOPLE THE WHOLE STEAK.

Sorry--did not mean to capitalize all that---too lazy to go back and change it.
Anyway. What we believe I know is not mainstream Christianity, most believe when we die some sort of spirit is down in hell or up in heaven -- then it gets reunited with it's body at the resurrection.
The bible states that when Jesus returns His reward is with Him---so you can't receive you reward or punishment until He returns. The punishment is not handed down until after the judgment so how can you be in hell right after you die? Point being---we are not deceiving anyone with what we say---we tell it from the start---you guys don't tell the whole truth until much later.
What we believe is all right there on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints It is not hidden at all. We also invite everyone to read the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. There are things that we do not teach such as once saved always saved. We teach that a person who endures to the end will be saved:
(New Testament | Matthew 24:12 - 13)

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

We do not teach one essence as taught by the Nicene Creed. Jesus taught that they (He and the Father) are one in glory and perfection:

(New Testament | John 17:21 - 23)

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are two kinds of beings in heaven who are called angels: those who are spirits and those who have bodies of flesh and bone. Angels who are spirits have not yet obtained a body of flesh and bone, or they are spirits who have once had a mortal body and are awaiting resurrection. Angels who have bodies of flesh and bone have either been resurrected from the dead or translated.
It seems that you don't distinguish angel spirits from human spirits. This raises many questions:

Angels who are spirits only are pre-mortal humans or post-mortal humans who are awaiting resurrection. Are they the angels referred to in Heb 1:14?

Angels who have bodies of flesh and bone are post-mortal humans who have already been resurrected or translated. When did their resurrection or translation happen?

Are animal spirits distinguished somehow?

The scriptures also speak of the devil's angels. These are those spirits who followed Lucifer and were thrust out of God's presence in the premortal life and cast down to the earth
Are you saying that Lucifer and his devils never took flesh and bone?

Angels of God met Jacob, Gen. 32:1–2. Gideon saw an angel of the Lord face to face, Judg. 6:22.
You don't believe this was the pre-incarnate Christ / Yahweh?

Angels are resurrected personages, having bodies of flesh and bones, D&C 129.
But you just said some angels were only spirits without flesh and bone?

There are no angels who minister to this earth but those who belong to it, D&C 130:5.
What does this mean?

Men who do not obey God's law of eternal marriage neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, D&C 132:16–17.
What does this mean?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because they ignore the correction. They want to make the church look as bad as they can. They know that we do not know all there is to know about our eternity, but somehow they have got into their heads that women in the celestial kingdom will be EP. This cannot be true, it would be inhumane, it would be indivine. It is a silly concept.

How spirits and intelligences are brought forth is unknown, so you should not lose your faith over an unknown. Hello!
If it is an unknown, how can you say for sure that women won't be EP in your celestial kingdom? How can it be "not true", "inhumane", "indivine", and a "silly concept" if it is unknown? Seems like it's speculation at best on your part.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It seems that you don't distinguish angel spirits from human spirits. This raises many questions:

Angels who are spirits only are pre-mortal humans or post-mortal humans who are awaiting resurrection. Are they the angels referred to in Heb 1:14?
(New Testament | Hebrews 1:14)

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Some are and some will be heirs of salvation.

Angels who have bodies of flesh and bone are post-mortal humans who have already been resurrected or translated. When did their resurrection or translation happen?
Jesus was resurrected first then others:

(New Testament | Matthew 27:52 - 53)

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Enoch, Elijah and others have been translated.
Are animal spirits distinguished somehow?

I believe they remain in the same form.
Are you saying that Lucifer and his devils never took flesh and bone?

That is what I believe.[/quote]
You don't believe this was the pre-incarnate Christ / Yahweh?
It is plural angels not angel.

But you just said some angels were only spirits without flesh and bone?

Some angels are resurrected beings.

What does this mean?
There are other worlds.
What does this mean?
It means that it is very important to obey God and do His will.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Men who do not obey God's law of eternal marriage neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, D&C 132:16–17.

What does this mean?

It means that it is very important to obey God and do His will.

Do you mean that men and women who do not get married are punished by remaining as post-mortal spirits in heaven and never getting resurrected?

Has anyone been resurrected since Matthew 27:52-53?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean that men and women who do not get married are punished by remaining as post-mortal spirits in heaven and never getting resurrected?

Has anyone been resurrected since Matthew 27:52-53?
We believe that people who do not get married in this life will have the opportunity to have that done for them by proxy.

I don't know if or who has been resurrected after Matthew 27:52-53. Everyone who lived on the earth will be resurrected:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:22)

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Upvote 0