• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Once Gay (Matthew and friends)

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by Carl Emerson, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+5,951
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    This is an hour long video that looks in depth at the political and legal barriers to ex gay Christian converts seeking help with their de-transition.

This is very insightful and important.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,909
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    There are some of that persuasion who adamantly maintain that conversion from homosexuality to heterosexuality is impossible because they are born that way.

3. Carl Emerson

+5,951
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, but it is clearly happening as God sovereignly touches lives.

4. Der Alte

+3,909
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    See e.g. Anne Heche former partner of Ellen DeGeneres.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Carl Emerson

+5,951
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I understand that some adamantly maintain it cant happen, but God is doing it despite their opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Carl Emerson

+5,951
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Does this sound like someone who is sufficiently in touch with reality to be an authority on this issue?

In a series of interviews with Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer, and Larry King to promote Call Me Crazy in 2001, Heche stated on national television that she created a fantasy world called the "Fourth Dimension" to make herself feel safe, and had an alter ego who was the daughter of God and half-sister of Jesus Christ named "Celestia", who had contacts with extraterrestrial life forms.[77][82] Heche said she recovered from her mental health concerns following the incident in Cantua Creek and has put her alter ego behind her.[5]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Carl Emerson

+5,951
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I may have misundestood - are you saying she has become a Chrisrian and has been dramatically changed ?

8. HIM

HIM Friend

+553
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Sexual sins come with Obsession to the point of possession.

9. Der Alte

+3,909
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Not sure I would go that far but she married and had a son,

10. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Anti-Democratic Monarchist

+2,808
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Why find it strange, that if after 20 years in a marriage to a woman with kids the husband says he's gay. That the reverse isn't possible?

11. Carl Emerson

+5,951
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Aaahhh.... But the enemy wants to keep them captive and even pass laws against their release...

12. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+8,045
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I can't imagine switching from heterosexual to homosexual. It just seems to me to be impossible. Not just losing my attraction for women, but gaining one for men.

If I twisted myself that far, I'd break.

So why would it be different for homosexuals?

It's a trial for them, and a constant challenge, but they are called to chastity, just as unmarried heterosexuals are.

And that's enough for God. Why wouldn't it be enough for anyone else?

The only release they need is God's forgiveness, and their faith in Him. His Church is for sinners trying to do avoid sinning. If you have no sin, you have no need of His Church.

13. Derek1234

Derek1234 Member

+36
    United Kingdom
    Protestant
    Married
    Ms Heche alleges that she has had a very abusive childhood. Although some or all of what she alleges is contested by her family, we should cut her a lot of slack.

14. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+1,586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    You do realize that Ms. Heche is bisexual don't you?

15. Quartermaine

+1,586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    You don't think it possible for someone to live a lie for 20 years?

16. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Anti-Democratic Monarchist

+2,808
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    It's entirely possible. I also believe it's possible for people to change. To grow or to degenerate.

17. The Barbarian

+8,045
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The world is full of people who tried to just change and "be normal." And most of them eventually failed. Instead of one life messed up, they messed up at least two. We don't have any way to figure out how many of them succeeded in spite of themselves and kept the secret their whole lives.

Or what the cost of that might have been to them and their families.

18. Quartermaine

+1,586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The cost was and will always be to high

19. Carl Emerson

+5,951
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Hey - isn't that true of anything really good ?

The real deal doesn't come cheap.

20. The Barbarian

+8,045
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    And of a lot of really bad stuff. In fact, the really bad stuff comes with the highest price.