On the way to another divorce statistic? Or is God really that great?

SeekingGod2

Apr 17, 2016
Lansing, IL
✟15,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A week ago today, my wife told me she's done. In just ten minutes of perusing this site, most posts on divorce start this way. My situation is no different. 16 years of marriage, two kids 11 and 9. And now the end of the road? The agony is indescribable, so I won't even try.

The basic reasons are: I don't love you anymore; I don't want to be with you anymore; The time for counseling has come and gone. Now I just want to be done.

We are both 42, so the passage of time is very real. I traveled a lot in the first 10 years of marriage, which contributed significantly to not building a solid foundation together. And then everyone knows what happens when kids come. I am finally now in my career where I am earning a great salary, can work from home when I want, and my wife doesn't want to be with me.

She comes from a divorced family, has a divorced sister, and most friends are divorced or divorcing. She has broken off contact with anyone from our church, and doesn't want to talk to anyone about sanctity of marriage or covenant relationships or anything like that. My last desperate plea to her was to give it one year with solid counseling thrown in. She said she'll consider it, but chances are, it's a bust.

She also claims she's a Christian and has prayed about this. My only hope now is that she can somehow hear God's voice break through all the noise. I'm not without fault, but I'm desperate to save my marriage. Can God really do miraculous things? Or is that something that always happen to some other person?

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suspect folks aren't responding because they simply don't know what to say in your situation. You and she most likely know all the scriptures to study and pray about in the context of your marriage. You may want to clarify "all the noise."

Praying for each of you and the children.

:prayer:

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suspect folks aren't responding because they simply don't know what to say in your situation. You and she most likely know all the scriptures to study and pray about in the context of your marriage. You may want to clarify "all the noise."

Praying for each of you and the children.

:prayer:

This is right. Usually I have a lot to say about anything I respond to (I tend to not respond unless I have meaningful and comprehensive input, but I don't want to leave you feeling unsupported) but in this case it is difficult due to what you have already described about the situation. One could usually say the obvious that you can't control someone's decisions and thoughts about an issue, but you can influence it by discouraging that course of action (in this case, divorce). But you have already indicated that you have tried to encourage her to go to counselling, and have demonstrated your concern and love for her by expressing your desire to avoid divorce and all of the alternatives that could help.

I would encourage you by saying nothing is impossible for God to resolve; as long as we give Him an inch, He can take it a mile. But the problem is, she needs to give Him a hearing and allow His voice to speak in her heart as He will not force any of our decisions either (and I can't see why you would want Him to as it wouldn't be her love reflected towards you). All you can do is continue to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and hope that she will heed the voice of God, who will never command or encourage her to divorce you (Mark 10:11-12, 1 Corinthians 7:10-11). Keep praying, trust God, and hope for the best. Continue to love God with all of your heart, soul, strength and mind (Deuteronomy 6:5), and continue to love your wife as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her (Ephesians 5:25). Cast your anxieties upon Him (1 Peter 5:7) and allow Him to handle whatever is beyond your ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A week ago today, my wife told me she's done. In just ten minutes of perusing this site, most posts on divorce start this way. My situation is no different. 16 years of marriage, two kids 11 and 9. And now the end of the road? The agony is indescribable, so I won't even try.

The basic reasons are: I don't love you anymore; I don't want to be with you anymore; The time for counseling has come and gone. Now I just want to be done.

We are both 42, so the passage of time is very real. I traveled a lot in the first 10 years of marriage, which contributed significantly to not building a solid foundation together. And then everyone knows what happens when kids come. I am finally now in my career where I am earning a great salary, can work from home when I want, and my wife doesn't want to be with me.

She comes from a divorced family, has a divorced sister, and most friends are divorced or divorcing. She has broken off contact with anyone from our church, and doesn't want to talk to anyone about sanctity of marriage or covenant relationships or anything like that. My last desperate plea to her was to give it one year with solid counseling thrown in. She said she'll consider it, but chances are, it's a bust.

She also claims she's a Christian and has prayed about this. My only hope now is that she can somehow hear God's voice break through all the noise. I'm not without fault, but I'm desperate to save my marriage. Can God really do miraculous things? Or is that something that always happen to some other person?

This story has been repeated so often by so many men. and I am sure sad to read this about your situation. I can offer you hope though Jesus Christ. With Jesus Christ there is real HOPE. I have known a couple that was literally one hour from the Judge signing the divorce papers. The couple let God deal with each other and He did.

The real issue is hardness of heart, in both of you all. I am sure that each of you have contributed to making this marriage where it is today. I can tell you beyond a doubt that the problems you two are facing started long time ago.

First you need to get your self right emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Unless you take the time to heal yourself this will shape your life forever. I can not encourage you enough to bow before Christ and seek Him first. Pray for direction and become a genuine follower of His ways. Begin a renewed relationship with the Father, read the Bible. Oh how sad it is to see so many marriages fail. I pray you will reach out and ask Jesus to heal you and to work for renewal in your marriage. never forget Jesus does love you and wants you to come close to Him. I have prayed for you.

Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im sorry i dont have much advice except pray for both of your hearts to be softened.
What about the minister who married you, can you still go to him? How about your in-laws. If their daughter is going to listen to anyone, it will be her parents, if she is a christian, and they are too, she will honor them by at least listening to them.

To encourage you, yes I do know some cases where a divorce was prevented and the couple got back together, as a family. The wife prayed with her son and our group did as well and the husband returned to the Lord.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh just another thought. You said you traveled a lot.
Well how about going on a second honeymoon or roadtrip as a family together. God can work on your marriage if you come out of your everyday setting. Maybe your wife missed you when you were away alot in the early days.

I read this book about a family on the brink of divorce, the husband then organised a roadtrip with his family and God did a miracle and brought them all back together and healed everyone. I cant remember the name of the author...but it was a great testimony.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,300.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi friend,

I struggle to understand how it is you don't you know whether your own wife is a christian after 16 years of marriage.

For your wife to cut herself off from the Church, refuse to listen to God's word and to all of a sudden request a divorce without so much as considering reconciliation…her behaviour is not conducive to someone who is a Christian. To say she has prayed about this finalises this for me because unless your not telling us something, she is claiming God is telling her to commit sin (divorcing on non-scriptural grounds).

Please tell us more about your christian background - are you saved? What about your children?

This surely must be a difficult time for you and those poor children. Hope to hear from you soon.

Upvote 0

SeekingGod2

Apr 17, 2016
Lansing, IL
✟15,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. Thank you all for taking the time to write in your thoughts and prayers. One of the verses I've latched on to is the "pray without ceasing." But that's very hard to keep up. We are currently at very civil terms to each other. I've been trying to be gracious, humble and as loving as possible. I haven't asked for her decision yet on whether she is willing to do counseling.

As to our backgrounds, I was saved when I was 17, and her around the same age. We've been committed to Christian fellowship our entire adult lives. Our kids are saved as well and attend a Christian school.

I know it's easy to say that just talking about divorce automatically disqualifies you from claiming you're a Christian. But if Amy Grant could do it, I suppose so can anyone else. What I question is the thought that there is greater happiness in life after separation than going through a difficult marriage. It's this pursuit of "happiness" that's from the enemy. My wife sincerely believes that she will be happier without her marriage to me.

I've been lifting up my wife in prayer every day. I'm praying for a softening of her heart. I'm pleading to the Lord to have mercy on us. I read Matthew 7:9-11 today and asked the Lord for bread and fish. Surely he is a good Father.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...Can God really do miraculous things? Or is that something that always happen to some other person?

what you believe in your heart about the answer to this question is far more important than your marriage - your very life - now and throughout all eternity - depends on it.

do you believe that when you received Jesus, that you became a new creature? that's a far greater miracle than saving a marriage - if you can believe God about the miracle of your salvation, what's so hard to believe about Him saving a marriage?

and the method that His miracles come to pass in each of these situations is the same - to get reborn in Christ, you need to hear about God's selfless love, endless mercy, limitless patience, and complete forgiveness toward you - you didn't get saved because someone was begging God to do more than He did as Jesus at the cross - you had to hear the good news - your wife must also hear, and believe, in order for the miracle you desire to come to pass - does that make sense?

Reactions: SeekingGod2
Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,300.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi brother,

I agree that talking about divorce doesn't automatically disqualify someone from claiming to be a christian.

Her behaviour, though, comes across to me as very odd for a christian. Couple this with your statement "she also claims she's a Christian" would understandably cast doubt in mind. Why would you word your statement like that? It's as though you too have doubts. I mean, we as Christians sin, but when we are confronted by another christian or the word of God, the correct response should be to take heed of what is being said, examine oneself and come to our senses! Instead, she has done the exact opposite it seems to me.

You are both currently at "very civil terms" with one another which to me means she doesn't feel wronged by you in any great way. I would ask her why she's breaking her marriage oath - "for better or for worse." And furthermore sacrifice the happiness of your children for her own. Seems very unloving to me.

Judging by what you've told us. She has no scriptural grounds to divorce you and it would appear to me that she would be happier if she wasn't under the rule of her husband. In rejecting your rule, she's rejecting God's order of things.

I'm afraid there is little you can do in a situation such as this except pray and let God be the judge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If she considers herself a Christian, then divorce should not even be an option. Nothing can be gained from a divorce so she should put forth effort into reconciling the marriage. Any subsequent marriage would be adultery and this would lead to hell.

Upvote 0

SeekingGod2

Apr 17, 2016
Lansing, IL
✟15,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If anyone is trying to make "sense" of any of this.. well let me be the first to tell you.. It doesn't make any. There are contradictions to contradictions. I see men responding like men.. if A=B and B=C then A HAS TO equal C. Of course it doesn't. I'm not defending my wife's behavior or response. Just saying that logic or reason or persuasion or rhetoric will not work for me in this situation. I might as well sign the papers now.

The messages that help me the most are the ones that remind me that God is sovereign and that everything is possible with him.

I started a blog on this experience of mine. Feel free to follow along.

http://ajourneyto.wordpress.com

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mar 9:14-23 KJV
(14) And when he came to his disciples, he saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them.
(15) And straightway all the people, when they beheld him, were greatly amazed, and running to him saluted him.
(16) And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them?
(17) And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
(18) And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
(19) He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
(20) And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
(21) And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
(22) And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
(23) Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

the father begged Jesus to have compassion on his son and help Him; what was Jesus' answer? did He say 'God is sovereign'? or did He give the man a specific instruction?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The main problem, isnt your wife so much as the unbelief you express in God. Whatever happens, divorce or whatever your faith in Him is the thing you hold on to.

For example the couple I told you who were about to divorce, well the wife never wavered from her faith and that showed her husband that putting trust in God even though you dont know the outcome is the ultimate test, and that God can do anything. It was the wife who was proceeding toward divorce because of the behaviour of her husband. Im not sure if hed commited adultery but it could have been adultery in his heart. If someone is unbelieving in a christian marriage, they ALREADY commit adultery toward God.

We know God doesnt like divorce. Its in the bible for those hard of heart, which is why to keep praying that your wifes heart be softened, and yours as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I'm very sorry to hear of your terrible heartache.

God does miraculous things all the time.

Men are to lead. Don't demand your wife change with you. You change and be the man you're supposed to be and leave your wife to her Maker. And pray, pray, pray.

What's really important isn't saving your marriage but being like Christ. It's as you and your wife are more like him that your marriage will be saved.

Selah.

Upvote 0

SeekingGod2

Apr 17, 2016
Lansing, IL
✟15,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm very sorry to hear of your terrible heartache.

God does miraculous things all the time.

Men are to lead. Don't demand your wife change with you. You change and be the man you're supposed to be and leave your wife to her Maker. And pray, pray, pray.

What's really important isn't saving your marriage but being like Christ. It's as you and your wife are more like him that your marriage will be saved.

Selah.

This has been the most encouraging message so far! Thank you!

I never realized God wasn't big enough to handle doubt in those who follow him. David sure seemed to wonder a lot when God was going to do something. Going through this experience has really helped me see the dogmatic and inflexible things I used to say to others in their times of need. I'm pretty sure God is not wanting robots as followers. While everyone knocks Thomas, there are those of us who still need to feel those wounds. Jesus did not deny him that.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This has been the most encouraging message so far! Thank you!

I never realized God wasn't big enough to handle doubt in those who follow him. David sure seemed to wonder a lot when God was going to do something. Going through this experience has really helped me see the dogmatic and inflexible things I used to say to others in their times of need. I'm pretty sure God is not wanting robots as followers. While everyone knocks Thomas, there are those of us who still need to feel those wounds. Jesus did not deny him that.

Um, I didn't actually say God wasn't big enough to handle the doubts of His children...But, you know, if there is anyone who does not deserve to be doubted it is God. This is why we read in Scripture:

Hebrews 3:12
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;

Somehow we've lost respect for God over the years. And one of the consequences of losing our respect for Him is this idea that we can say just whatever we want to God and He is supposed to be "big enough" to take it. I think, though, the writer of Ecclesiastes had it right:

Ecclesiastes 5:2
2 Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few.

When I get upset with my wife, I don't, under the guise of being honest, just let fly with whatever enters my mind. Because I love her I try to choose my words carefully even (and perhaps especially) when I'm unhappy with her. If I do this for my wife, how much more important is it to do this with the God of the Universe?! Well, very important! Instead of His "bigness" being the grounds for disrespectful "honesty," His awesome greatness is the motivation for being very careful about what I say to Him. As God of the Universe, He deserves all the circumspection and care that I can muster in my conversations with Him.

I agree with you that God doesn't want robots as followers. But He does want obedient children. In fact, He insists on it.

God does not forsake us when we doubt. But this doesn't mean He likes our doubt. No one has ever deserved less the doubt we often cast upon Him. But He loves us and puts up with our disbelieving ugliness and guides us to deeper faith. He is a very good Heavenly Father, isn't He?

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Selah.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...I never realized God wasn't big enough to handle doubt in those who follow him...

sad to say, the traditional churches of our day are not always teaching what the Bible says. i certainly understand why you might think this about God, because the traditional churches for the most part are not teaching the system of authority that God has established in the earth with people in flesh bodies - understanding God's system of delegated authority is key to connecting to His miracle-working power.

Gen 1:26 KJV
(26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

let them <people in flesh bodies> have dominion ... over all the earth

God is certainly 'sovereign' in the 'dictionary' definition of that word in that no one has authority over Him; but this does not mean that God can do anything He wants in the earth - it means the opposite...

in the U.S, the federal government is 'sovereign' in that no other government rules over the U.S. federal government; however the federal government has delegated authority over some areas to the states, and by federal law, cannot intervene in these areas (albeit the federal government's 'word' is changeable, whereas God's word is not changeable)

Psa 115:16 KJV
(16) The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

God delegated unrestricted authority over the earth to people in flesh bodies - and He will not change His word, even to prevent those people He created from destroying themselves - all the bad things that happen in the earth are due to the fact that people in flesh bodies have unrestricted dominion (authority) in the earth, and often use that authority for evil instead of good.

Mat 12:33-37 KJV
(33) Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
(34) O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

God created the universe by speaking words in faith; we, having been made in His image, and having been delegated unrestricted authority in the earth by Him, connect to His power in the same way - by speaking HIS words in faith. it's not simply God's words that cause change in the earth today; it is His words that we speak in faith - not just anything we say, but those words we speak in faith (that we believe in our hearts). if we speak His words in faith, we release His power in the earth to change the physical world; if we speak words that oppose His words, our words spoken in faith (which is to speak 'unbelief' from the heart) still have power because of the unrestricted authority He has given us over this earth as people in flesh bodies:

Psa 78:1-41 KJV
(1) Maschil of Asaph. Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
(2) I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
(3) Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.
(4) We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.
(5) For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:
(6) That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:
(7) That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments:
(8) And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.
(9) The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.
(10) They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law;
(11) And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.
(12) Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan.
(13) He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap.
(14) In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.
(15) He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths.
(16) He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers.
(17) And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness.
(18) And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.
(19) Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?
(20) Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people?
(21) Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;
(22) Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:
(23) Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,
(24) And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.
(25) Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.
(26) He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven: and by his power he brought in the south wind.
(27) He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea:
(28) And he let it fall in the midst of their camp, round about their habitations.
(29) So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire;
(30) They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths,
(31) The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.
(32) For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.
(33) Therefore their days did he consume in vanity, and their years in trouble.
(34) When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God.
(35) And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
(36) Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
(37) For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.
(38) But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.
(39) For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.
(40) How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert!
(41) Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

they ... limited the Holy One of Israel

the children of israel spoke doubt in heart-belief about God's promise to lead them into the promised land, and this limited God's ability to accomplish this for them - this doesn't mean that they had more power than God, but that He would not reverse Himself and override the unrestricted authority that He delegated to them over the earth as people in flesh bodies.

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.-

when Adam chose to believe the devil in the garden, he yielded this unrestricted authority in the earth to the devil, leaving God with two choices - He could reverse Himself and take back that authority (which would cause all that He created to be destroyed, including man), or He could take on a flesh body and become eligible to exercise man's delegated authority in the earth. however, He could not do this without the cooperation of people in flesh bodies - this is why He inspired the OT prophets to speak in faith that a man would be born of a virgin, fathered by the Spirit of God; and this man would be called 'Emanuel' - 'GOD with us'.

now this doesn't mean that you can override your wife's (or anyone else's) delegated authority in the earth as released through her own mouth - your delegated authority is restricted to your own life in this area (which is to say that your words can restricted what the devil tries to do in EVERYONE'S life, but not whether they decide to listen to that liar anyway) - but it does mean that the words you speak in heart-belief can either release the power of God in your life to produce the miracles you seek (that are in line with His will as revealed by His written word), or release the power of God to produce the bad things that you speak in fear (such as: "I might as well sign the papers now") - 'by your words YOU will be justified, and by your words YOU will be condemned' - what it does mean is that if you believe that God can intervene in this situation, then you must realize that His intervention will be through YOUR words that you speak in faith in His words.

consider that when Jesus died on the cross, He 'paid' the total price to 'buy' you back from the devil's hold over your authority in the earth that you yielded to him when you first decided to not believe God about something (when you first 'sinned'); and when you received spiritual rebirth, God 'redeemed' you as His already 'paid-for' possession - He received you as His paid-for possession - so when you speak His words in faith, it is exactly the same as Him speaking them (because your mouth is now His mouth when you yield to Him to speak His miraculous, reality changing words in faith - heart belief).

does this make sense so far?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Um...

1 Corinthians 10:26
26 for "the earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness."

Psalms 24:1
1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.

Deuteronomy 10:14
14 Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God, also the earth with all that is in it.

1 Peter 5:10-11
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Joshua 3:11
11 Behold, the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth is crossing over before you into the Jordan.

Jeremiah 18:5-8 (NKJV)
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
6 "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the Lord. "Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!
7 The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it,
8 if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.

Psalms 47:2-4

2 For the Lord Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth.
3 He will subdue the peoples under us, And the nations under our feet.
4 He will choose our inheritance for us, The excellence of Jacob whom He loves. Selah

Psalms 83:18
18 That they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth.

Romans 9:18-21
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

Psalms 115:3
3 But our God is in heaven; He does whatever He pleases.

Selah.

Upvote 0