On the Origin of Species: Special Edition

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Now featuring ridiculous introduction by Ray Comfort.

For those who don't know, apparently Kirk and Ray are planning distribute copies of On the Origin of Species featuring a 50 page "introduction" by Ray.

I skimmed the intro and it's mostly the usual PRATTs. He even Godwin's himself about halfway through (just can't leave Hitler out of it, eh?).

What I find really bizarre, however, is his attempted justification at the end of the book on why you should choose Christianity over Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism. He first assumes Christian theology is true, then therefore only being a Christian can save you from hell. Huh? Does this sort of logic actually work on people? :confused:

A

Alunyel

Haha.

When Ray Comfort eats a Banana, he becomes...

bananaman.jpg

Seriously Comfort's one of many perfect examples of the ignorance of creationism.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The full title is: On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.

Please desist in disseminating misleading information.
You talking to me or Pete?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
I haven't read Darwin's Preservation of Favoured Races, nor do I intend to.
You've been corrected on this misinterpretation before. Stop using it. Continuing to use bad information after being informed that it is bad is called lying.

For those that don't know, Darwin used the term race to refer to any species or variation therof. For example, one of his observations concerns "the many races of cabbage". The term race, at the time Origin was written, did not have the negative connotation it does today.

AV's bringing it up as an attack is an equivocation fallacy on the meaning of "race."

Upvote 0

Tammisto

Corporal, Recon infantry
Dec 28, 2007
Estonia
✟15,325.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Comforts commentary on this book is about as appropriate as Franky Boyle hosting a lecture on how to make politically correct jokes.

Edit: Just reading it and I have to say, it is just the same old, same old from Ray Comfort. It is as if his head is impereable to knowledge and he enjoys parroting the same tired PRATT's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You've been corrected on this misinterpretation before. Stop using it. Continuing to use bad information after being informed that it is bad is called lying.

For those that don't know, Darwin used the term race to refer to any species or variation therof. For example, one of his observations concerns "the many races of cabbage". The term race, at the time Origin was written, did not have the negative connotation it does today.

AV's bringing it up as an attack is an equivocation fallacy on the meaning of "race."

It's OK. AVET got the reaction he wanted... now he doesn't feel as lonely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now featuring ridiculous introduction by Ray Comfort.

For those who don't know, apparently Kirk and Ray are planning distribute copies of On the Origin of Species featuring a 50 page "introduction" by Ray.

I skimmed the intro and it's mostly the usual PRATTs. He even Godwin's himself about halfway through (just can't leave Hitler out of it, eh?).

What I find really bizarre, however, is his attempted justification at the end of the book on why you should choose Christianity over Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism. He first assumes Christian theology is true, then therefore only being a Christian can save you from hell. Huh? Does this sort of logic actually work on people? :confused:

Shouldn't they be worried this is going to backfire on them? Afterall, who reads Introductions? If they do read it, what will happen when they read what Darwin wrote and compare it to the idiocy of Comfort? I say more power to them... I hope they can double the number of universities they go to!

Upvote 0

ragarth

Nov 27, 2008
Virginia, USA
✟1,704.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Shouldn't they be worried this is going to backfire on them? Afterall, who reads Introductions? If they do read it, what will happen when they read what Darwin wrote and compare it to the idiocy of Comfort? I say more power to them... I hope they can double the number of universities they go to!

My understanding is that the page counts don't add up. There's a hefty expectation that Comfort's edited the actual Origin of Species book.

Would you expect anything less from this lying sack of waste?

Upvote 0