On the nail: why is being human easier for you, than being a monkey is hard for me?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Yes, hello,

The premise is really simple, if you believe you are evolved, all you have to do is assume that you are the top of the food chain; but if I believe I am from a monkey and don't want to believe in Evolution, understanding how I became a monkey is almost impossible? There is a clear disjunction (uneven balance) between what your theory does for those that agree and what theory is left undone for those that disagree. Even Muslim faith concedes that those that don't believe are "infidels" - Evolution gives no such comfort. Evolution doesn't even say what will happen to those that don't agree, they suffer purgatory without so much as a nod, from Darwin, that it won't be forever.

I mean are you saying "even if you don't believe, eventually you will evolve"?

You realise that is ridiculous, right?

I may evolve, but at least I won't be disappointed; you evolve something other than what is good enough, and you will be in tears - who is supposed to have time for that?

Jesus teaches "ask and you will receive", I am asking for the prodigal son's share (of Evolution) - because I don't believe that a famine related to Evolution is coming, that I will be fine and have a good life of my own. By rights, you can't refuse me, because you are already committed to name-calling those that don't believe what you do, regardless (of what they do believe). The impact should prove instructive, I wouldn't bother to ask what you think, if I didn't think you could learn from the difference, yourself.

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes, hello,

The premise is really simple, if you believe you are evolved, all you have to do is assume that you are the top of the food chain; but if I believe I am from a monkey and don't want to believe in Evolution, understanding how I became a monkey is almost impossible? There is a clear disjunction (uneven balance) between what your theory does for those that agree and what theory is left undone for those that disagree. Even Muslim faith concedes that those that don't believe are "infidels" - Evolution gives no such comfort. Evolution doesn't even say what will happen to those that don't agree, they suffer purgatory without so much as a nod, from Darwin, that it won't be forever.

I may evolve, but at least I won't be disappointed; you evolve something other than what is good enough, and you will be in tears - who is supposed to have time for that?

Jesus teaches "ask and you will receive", I am asking for the prodigal son's share (of Evolution) - because I don't believe that a famine related to Evolution is coming, that I will be fine and have a good life of my own. By rights, you can't refuse me, because you are already committed to name-calling those that don't believe what you do, regardless (of what they do believe). The impact should prove instructive, I wouldn't bother to ask what you think, if I didn't think you could learn from the difference, yourself.
What you or I believe has absolutely no effect on evolution. [/Thread]

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,291.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Yes, hello,

You are using false definitions of evolution.

You are making false statements about what people say and believe.

Spreading falsehoods is lying.

Lying is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, hello,

The premise is really simple, if you believe you are evolved, all you have to do is assume that you are the top of the food chain;
Why do I have to assume any such nonsense?

Upvote 0