Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Wear a mask, observe social distancing, and wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer. I listen to the guidelines set by healthcare professionals. I've been following those since the outbreak. Not sure why it's complicated E=mc2 for some people.

It only confuses a person more when they prefer to listen to conspiracies, politicians, some irresponsible pastors, facebook, quack doctors, kooks, and crankpots. You live in constant suspicion, fear, and defiance.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You live in constant suspicion, fear, and defiance.
It's called an open mind. It allows us to see past the trees and observe the motives of the forest.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
I would like to know if its true that the coronavirus is causing permanent lung damage even to young, healthy people

Yes

The coronavirus is leaving some people with permanent lung damage

People infected with the coronavirus may be left with permanent lung damage. Doctors are reporting growing numbers of people who still have breathlessness and coughing months after falling ill with covid-19, and whose chest scans show evidence of irreversible lung scarring.

The numbers of people affected aren’t yet known, but estimates are as high as one in five of those who needed intensive care treatment for covid-19. Permanent damage is sometimes seen after other kinds of chest infections that can cause similar lung inflammation to the coronavirus, such as flu and pneumonia.

“We have always seen this before – what’s different is the scale of this,” says James Chalmers, a chest physician and adviser to the British Lung Foundation. Previously, his clinic in Scotland would have seen post-infection scarring of the lungs just once or twice a year, he says. “Now we are seeing dozens of patients coming through.”

In a study in Italy, which was one of the first European countries to be hit by the coronavirus, doctors are scanning the lungs of people three months after they fell ill. Although the full results aren’t yet in, Paolo Spagnolo at the University Hospital of Padua estimates that 15 to 20 per cent of those treated in intensive care at his hospital for covid-19 have scarring. “We have to be prepared in the future to manage these patients.”

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you view a mask as dehumanizing?

I understand that it's not part of our culture to wear masks, so it's tricky to get used to them. I wasn't thrilled about it at first, but here it's basically just turned into a fashion accessory.
Kids with earbuds are also a trendy fashion that's 'cool', but still dehumanizing for the same reason masks are...it stifles verbal communication between people.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Kids with earbuds are also a trendy fashion that's 'cool', but still dehumanizing for the same reason masks are...it stifles verbal communication between people.
There is always texting or forums

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I would consider potentially exposing people to a dangerous pathogen to be significantly more dehumanizing.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is always texting or forums
Those and other ways can be dehumanizing, I was just using the earbud thing as an example.
I mainly do forums because of my bad stuttering problem, verbal communication for me is next to impossible...and yes, I'd much rather text than talk. lol

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would consider potentially exposing people to a dangerous pathogen to be significantly more dehumanizing.
If you recall my first response to you...
Can't we just carry a sign that reads "UNCLEAN"?
I don't know which is more dehumanizing, a mask or such a sign.
I hope you realize I said it in jest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Sorry, I got distracted by "Human Barbie Takes off Makeup". All I could see was some 'may' language, that, even so, had nothing to do with tears in the lung:

"The concern is that the pressure may be harming lungs, and that some patients could be more safely treated with less invasive means — oxygen delivered through a mask or nasal cannula."

Do you have some more authoritative source?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God said,
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

If the virus is so hazardous where's all the Biohazard disposal bins for all the billions of masks & gloves we dispose of? Saw a bin overflowing in a parking lot with some gloves blowing around. Trash always finds it way into our waterways and oceans.

The media & the Governments declare that we must wear masks, gloves, etc. They're so "concerned about us & our wellbeing". I feel like we're all magically numb and so trusting. Maybe we're socially conditioned to just believe everything we're fed about the true current world's status. Junk food, crops sprayed with harmful chemicals, alcohol, and cigarettes kill millions per year, yet it's legal. That's ok? I can put all that in my mouth and 'swallow' it, but I must cover my face with a mask for my protection.

One of the countless head-spinning mysteries of this whole Corona Situation has been the advent of famous people, from Tom Hanks and his wife, Sophie Trudeau & Prince Charles announcing they had “tested positive” for COVID-19 and were self-quarantining. The British Royals, especially, seemed to contradict their ethos of secrecy in this case. So what did it mean? It signaled, if anything, that COVID-19 is not all that deadly. That the virus can be present without causing the disease. In all these famous people cases, the symptoms were either non-existent or mild. What does it mean to test positive? What if we're being duped by the media. Is this socially created to so how obedient we are?

Globalists love to weaponize words and make spells out of them. Hypnotics. To this end, they invent new words and force you to use them and live them. Words like “Corona Virus,” and “Social Distancing.” “COVID-19.” “Tested Positive.” It all feels like brainwashing and training.

Most people don't know anyone close personally (well) that has died from it. Not yet.

The virus has killed 130,000 Americans even with all the effort to slow it down.

130,000 is only 0.04% of Americans (notice, not 4%, but instead 4/100ths of 1%). Significantly less than 1 in a 1,000....

Though not the "Spanish Flu" of 1918...it's worse than an average bad flu of most decades -- dangerous to those with conditions like diabetes, hypertension, being overweight even, being old....and it seems even those with type-A blood will get sicker. (* reference at bottom)

If you are healthy (and not type A blood), you probably would have mild or little symptoms (though a much smaller number of "healthy" people have died of it).

But, the problem is that if we all stop wearing masks, and it spreads even faster...some of those other people we could spread it to can be people that aren't nearly as healthy as you or me.

Even today, with about 130,000 dead in the U.S., it's already about 3 times as deadly as a typical bad flu despite all our effort to stop it. And that's in only 5-6 months.

--------------
Type A Blood: more danger: "...the findings suggest that people with blood type A face a 50 percent greater risk of needing oxygen support or a ventilator should they become infected with the novel coronavirus. In contrast, people with blood type O appear to have about a 50 percent reduced risk of severe COVID-19."
Genes, Blood Type Tied to Risk of Severe COVID-19

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But, the problem is that if we all stop wearing masks, and it spreads even faster
A train wreck is much slower than a bullet impact, but the momentum is greater, and the potential destruction, also.

I know how to stop the spread of syphilis. I haven't got a clue how to stop the spread of corona virus. No one has ever stopped it with a mask, though slowing a little makes the illusion of progress, like a fool following me too closely on the highway feels like he is getting to his destination more quickly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A train wreck is much slower than a bullet impact, but the momentum is greater, and the potential destruction, also.

I know how to stop the spread of syphilis. I haven't got a clue how to stop the spread of corona virus. No one has ever stopped it with a mask, though slowing a little makes the illusion of progress, like a fool following me too closely on the highway feels like he is getting to his destination more quickly.
ah, I don't trust my guessing, but instead I trust objective research, and there is research, recent research.

Since it's easy to read a research summary in like 30 seconds, now's a good time to look it up.

ah, here:

"There are several strands of evidence supporting the efficacy of masks.

One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols.

But the strongest evidence in favor of masks come from studies of real-world scenarios. “The most important thing are the epidemiologic data,” said Rutherford. Because it would be unethical to assign people to not wear a mask during a pandemic, the epidemiological evidence has come from so-called “experiments of nature.”

A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

Another study looked at coronavirus deaths across 198 countries and found that those with cultural norms or government policies favoring mask-wearing had lower death rates.

Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive."

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

Nice isn't it when we can find someone that actually knows what they are talking about, isn't it? :=)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
God said,
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

If the virus is so hazardous where's all the Biohazard disposal bins for all the billions of masks & gloves we dispose of? Saw a bin overflowing in a parking lot with some gloves blowing around. Trash always finds it way into our waterways and oceans.

The media & the Governments declare that we must wear masks, gloves, etc. They're so "concerned about us & our wellbeing". I feel like we're all magically numb and so trusting. Maybe we're socially conditioned to just believe everything we're fed about the true current world's status. Junk food, crops sprayed with harmful chemicals, alcohol, and cigarettes kill millions per year, yet it's legal. That's ok? I can put all that in my mouth and 'swallow' it, but I must cover my face with a mask for my protection.

One of the countless head-spinning mysteries of this whole Corona Situation has been the advent of famous people, from Tom Hanks and his wife, Sophie Trudeau & Prince Charles announcing they had “tested positive” for COVID-19 and were self-quarantining. The British Royals, especially, seemed to contradict their ethos of secrecy in this case. So what did it mean? It signaled, if anything, that COVID-19 is not all that deadly. That the virus can be present without causing the disease. In all these famous people cases, the symptoms were either non-existent or mild. What does it mean to test positive? What if we're being duped by the media. Is this socially created to so how obedient we are?

Globalists love to weaponize words and make spells out of them. Hypnotics. To this end, they invent new words and force you to use them and live them. Words like “Corona Virus,” and “Social Distancing.” “COVID-19.” “Tested Positive.” It all feels like brainwashing and training.
Just do what they want you to do and eat up everything that they feed you (sarcasm not directed at you), it just keeps getting more & more ridiculous,

New Study Claims Black Lives Matter Protests Actually SLOWED The Spread of Coronavirus

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
upload_2020-7-3_6-4-3.png

• Winner
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to know if its true that the coronavirus is causing permanent lung damage even to young, healthy people
I read the Canada article. It seems they understand that ventilating can hurt a patient. This would not be specifically because of coronavirus, but because of wrong use of a ventilator. I mean, a ventilator can help, but it needs to be used in the right way and when it is right to use one.

What they find can work better is simply giving oxygen and keeping the person conscious and not sedated. Each patient is different; they seem to need to learn as they go.

Yes, there is a lot of conflicting information out there, which means making a decision and acting on it is a risk.
yes

So, I choose to take the risk of keeping six feet, wearing a mask when with people, and washing my hands for over twenty seconds. I have medical training and biology background from college and medical laboratory infection control training; to me it seems reasonable what the legal authorities are saying to do.

But, the problem is that if we all stop wearing masks, and it spreads even faster...some of those other people we could spread it to can be people that aren't nearly as healthy as you or me.
yes

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
cigarettes kill millions per year, yet it's legal. That's ok? I can put all that in my mouth and 'swallow' it, but I must cover my face with a mask for my protection.
Now that they know second-hand smoke can help to cause cancer in non-smokers, they have made laws to regulate smoking.

And they know our behavior can help to spread COVID-19; so they are regulating what we do.

But it does seem agreed how this can only slow the spread.

But why haven't the restrictions worked better? Partly because there are people who are not helping by wearing masks and keeping a distance, and maybe others are not washing their hands. One problem, too, has been certain people have large extended family funerals and weddings with contact; so it can spread quickly in such situations. And if there is a clean nursing home, an insurance company can require a discharged COVID-19 patient to go to the first nursing home bed available and this can be in a clean nursing home; and then it spreads and kills other residents and also gets workers sick. And in a congested homeless living situation, there can be greater percentages of infected people.

But where I am, a lot of people live alone in houses, not close to one another. And we wear masks and keep distant while passing on the street. And our town has a lower percentage.

But the higher numbers can be because of groups who multiplied the disease with each other.

The BLM demonstrations were outdoors, by the way; so this could help. And if they were not all hugging and kissing, which maybe they were not . . . that might have helped :) Plus, their demonstrating could have kept ones of them busy away from private activities more likely to spread the disease; plus others might have stayed home, in order to stay clear of the activists and police, and so they were not getting or helping to spread the virus by being out and around.

But if you get together in a closed space and stay with a crowd, this gives time for people to stay near infected persons, with no changing of the air. And so, the indoor or outdoor stationary Tulsa gatherings might be more risky than being with outdoor BLM people who were getting new air and moving around . . . not staying near the same person, perhaps, for an extended period of time. But in an auditorium, you can be sitting next to an infecting person for a while, plus yelling helps push the virus into the air so others can breathe it in.

So, closed spaces for extended periods is a risk.

Also, I have taken care of hospital patients and nursing home residents. There are patients who can treat medical workers horribly, and refuse to follow directions. This can help to spread COVID-19.

observe the motives
Yes, people have good motives and bad motives. One claim I have heard is they want the restrictions not because it will stop the virus, but so hospitals are not overloaded, all at once. And now it seems they have cut the infections in some areas, but it can hop right back up if they ease up.

Now . . . different people can have different motives . . . for how they treat and use this situation.

There are ones who welcome this situation in order to discredit Donald Trump.

Others welcome it in order to criticize China.

So, there are motives for how to use the situation, by ones who have no control of what is being done. Still, they can make their use of it.

I find it interesting how ones against the masks can say, oh everyone is so mean and unhappy. Yet, when I walk around outdoors or in a store, and I stop and smile . . . behind my mask . . . and welcome someone else to move by me at a distance, or go first into an aisle . . . they are saying thank you and being appreciative.

So, part of this can be >

It's what you make it . . .

how you take it . . .

just don't you fake it!

The mask not to wear is how we can be covering up for something which is wrong.

And there always are conspiracies.

Advertisers conspire to get our money. Guys and gals conspire to get our honey.

There are conspirators who want to bring down the United States government so they can have a different political system; and these can make a project of discrediting anything a politician or government official says to do. And we have media reports of how political and governing officials have conspired to rig elections and selection of candidates.

Therefore > whether the authorities are right or not, and conspiring or not, about what they say to do about COVID-19 > there are conspirators with motives to discredit them.

Upvote 0