HisPrincess710

Jan 15, 2017
United States
✟16,429.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know I'm probably going to say some controversial things, but I don't care about being controversial, I care about being reasonable.

I keep seeing articles like "Why a Muslim registry is wrong" and about Christians saying we need to gladly welcome Syrian refugees. I don't necessarily agree with the idea of a registry, but I agree with some of the ethics behind it: Keeping our country safe.

Some people say we shouldn't have fear because we're Christians. Well, God also wants us to consider the safety of our neighbors, our families, and friends, not just strangers. God also does not protect us from the consequences of our bad choices. You may say you're willing to risk your safety and life, but you have no right to make that decision for someone else.

Others have said this is what happened when we interred the Japanese during World War II. I agree with what they're saying, and what happened to Japanese Americans was wrong. But most of those Japanese citizens grew up in America. And they didn't have the technology we do in the day of the internet. The reason ISIS attacks have been so widespread is because of modern technology and the internet. Anyone can go online and be recruited.

My point is, just because we're Christians does not mean we have to abandon common sense. We have no right to endanger the safety of others just because we're willing to do it for ourselves. I'm not trying to make an argument. I just want to have a healthy discussion.