On Second thoughts I would like to debate any Roman Catholic on death of all mankind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I want to open a discussion and invite anyone who would be willing to bring up his/her opinions.

In the meanwhile, my position is that people don't go anywhere as soon as they die instead all souls rest somewhere while waiting on God's judgement or second coming. It's only after the 2nd coming of Christ that it will be decided who's going to heaven or hell.

Therefore, I don't believe in praying through anyone apart from Christ because HE is the only with a scriptural affirmative that HE'S in heaven and seated on the right hand of GOD!
Or what do you believe?

Last edited:

I-believe

Nov 19, 2015
✟7,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to open a discussion and invite anyone who would be willing to bring up his/her opinions.

In the meanwhile, my position is that people don't go anywhere as soon as they die instead all souls rest somewhere while waiting on God's judgement or second coming.

So what's your take?
then, that you mean you do not believe God?

Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
then, that you mean you do not believe God?

Oh dear, Oh my, I'm not saying people don't go to heaven or hell. I'm just saying that people don't go anywhere before the 1st resurrection. We are all waiting for the second coming of Christ before it's decided whether we are going heaven or hell.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh dear, Oh my, I'm not saying people don't go to heaven or hell. I'm just saying that people don't go anywhere before the 1st resurrection. We are all waiting for the second coming of Christ before it's decided whether we are going heaven or hell.

Actually, we CAN be certain of our salvation because God wants us to know and have that true hope thru earthly life (1 John 5:13) , Gods Word says 'to be absent from the body (death) is to be at home (in Jesus' dwelling place) with The Lord' , there have been countless books written by people who have had a glimpse of heaven just before they die as well as from Surgeons who have ressusitated patients ; one such book is by Dr. Maurice Rawlings who was an atheist surgeon until he had hundreds of resusitatiions and recorded them. When we die, we are meet with angels who were always assigned to us and we are brought into the presence of God so everyone immediately finds out he is not a mythological figure...then where they are ushered to after that depends on whether they are saved by the blood of Jesus or if they made themselves their own god thruout their life not wanting a thing to do with their Creator / the Universes Creator. For the unsaved / unregenerate, they wait for the eventual great white throne Judgement at the end of time where they will be sentenced to pay for their own sins because they didn't want Jesus to.

Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, we CAN be certain of our salvation because God wants us to know and have that true hope thru earthly life (1 John 5:13) , Gods Word says 'to be absent from the body (death) is to be at home (in Jesus' dwelling place) with The Lord' , there have been countless books written by people who have had a glimpse of heaven just before they die as well as from Surgeons who have ressusitated patients ; one such book is by Dr. Maurice Rawlings who was an atheist surgeon until he had hundreds of resusitatiions and recorded them. When we die, we are meet with angels who were always assigned to us and we are brought into the presence of God so everyone immediately finds out he is not a mythological figure...then where they are ushered to after that depends on whether they are saved by the blood of Jesus or if they made themselves their own god thruout their life not wanting a thing to do with their Creator / the Universes Creator. For the unsaved / unregenerate, they wait for the eventual great white throne Judgement at the end of time where they will be sentenced to pay for their own sins because they didn't want Jesus to.

It's possible to see heaven and hell especially in the NDE, it would be crucial that there are real accounts of their existence but no one goes anywhere after death. Yes, they (the deceased) shall be reserved somewhere by LORD until the first resurrection.

Upvote 0

I-believe

Nov 19, 2015
✟7,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oh, I am sorry,and do you think that the God have came back,and she has started her new work,here I get a advice,this is the line ,
The Appearance of God Has Brought a New Age
https://www.holyspiritspeaks.org/the-appearance-of-god-has-brought-a-new-age-3
I wish that can help you, and also hope you can read properly ,thank you!

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟573,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea what happens when we die because i've never died before. I won't pretend to know the answer to this question. If I were to guess, I would say nothing happens. It will be just like before you were born. You don't exist.

This is an interesting view and one based on experiential evidence only. So scientifically we can say that since we have no data, we have no opinion. Of course, this has to discount all near death experiences as pure misinterpretation of what actually occurred. Now we have stepped beyond
no data = no science
to
no data that acknowledges my opinion = no science
and we are left starting with the conclusion and working towards the theory.

Don't get me wrong. All Christians have thought through this same lack of evidence issue. Humans are just programmed from birth to accept that which they have experienced as truth and reject all other accounts. Faith is what gets us over that hurdle and to a point of accepting others experiences as though they were our own.

All humans do this or our methodology of learning would have to drastically change. When an elementary teacher says that Columbus sailed in 1492, there is no way for us to experimentally verify that fact. We have to accept the truth of this using faith in our system of recording and teaching history. Sometimes this doesn't work so well. I was taught that virtually noone believed in a round earth in Columbus' time and he was the hero of science in proving them all wrong by not falling off the flat earth. Of course this was a lie and Columbus' motives had nothing to do with science.

Philosophically this question has been asked since man first started questioning why he exists at all. If we start by accepting that we do actually exist versus being purely a figment in someone else's mind, then we have to wrestle with what happens at death. The body doesn't disappear. One moment it is alive and the next it is dead. Something changed. Biologically we can find out what caused the death and what processes stopped working on death; but this leaves all the important questions unanswered. Why did we exist in the first place? Do we exist in some conscious form after death or does oblivion await us? Even hypothesizing oblivion goes beyond the facts we have to proposing a nothingness that cannot be proven. It is taking the statement that I have no data to an unsupportable theory.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This forum is for proposing one on one debates; if we are interested in this type of discussion, I can set it up, otherwise this is off topic. Let me know and if no one wants to tackle a one on one, I can move this to a more appropriate forum.

Mark
CF Admin

Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
This forum is for proposing one on one debates; if we are interested in this type of discussion, I can set it up, otherwise this is off topic. Let me know and if no one wants to tackle a one on one, I can move this to a more appropriate forum.

Mark
CF Admin

Hi, thanks for the concern. Is it okay, if you have it removed? I think I have covered what I wanted under "Controversial Theology." :)

Warm regards
Linet Kihonge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi, thanks for the concern. Is it okay, if you have it removed? I think I have covered what I wanted under "Controversial Theology." :)

Warm regards
Linet Kihonge
You are still welcome to pursue a one-on-one debate here.

Reactions: Linet Kihonge
Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

In the meanwhile, my position is that people don't go anywhere as soon as they die instead all souls rest somewhere while waiting on God's judgement or second coming. It's only after the 2nd coming of Christ that it will be decided who's going to heaven or hell.

Therefore, I don't believe in praying through anyone apart from Christ because HE is the only with a scriptural affirmative that HE'S in heaven and seated on the right hand of GOD!
Or what do you believe?
The Bible states otherwise rather plainly.
What did Christ say to the other fellow on the cross? "Today you will be in paradise."
The saints have also spoken on this subject quite a bit over the years. The vast majority of folks are judged right after death.
As scripture states in Hebrews 9:27 "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment"

Upvote 0

Roger Baker

Researcher, Retired Pastor, Retired U.S. Veteran
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2012
Burke, Virginia near Washington, D.C.
Visit site
✟22,655.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I would highlight one point: our ideas about time limits are different (I believe) for God. God is in no way limited by time. God could say "Tonight, you will be with me in Paradise" and mean anything in time. Theoretically, time is not a limit to God. God has always been and will always be outside to the limits of time.

Reactions: Linet Kihonge
Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The Bible states otherwise rather plainly.
What did Christ say to the other fellow on the cross? "Today you will be in paradise."
The saints have also spoken on this subject quite a bit over the years. The vast majority of folks are judged right after death.
As scripture states in Hebrews 9:27 "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment"

Yes, after people die the only thing they wait for is judgement. Time is a little bit confusing in these contexts but considering the whole scripture from OT to NT.... we all are spending our lives somewhere else but not in heaven or hell exactly.

Upvote 0

Larry Guillot

Nov 20, 2015
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh, I am sorry,and do you think that the God have came back,and she has started her new work,here I get a advice,this is the line ,
The Appearance of God Has Brought a New Age
https://www.holyspiritspeaks.org/the-appearance-of-god-has-brought-a-new-age-3
I wish that can help you, and also hope you can read properly ,thank you!
How is God a she ? How is God a He? God is a zbeing. Never said a Human Being. An entity. Any entity in my book that can sustain the entirety of the Universes in its containment can't be a sexual being..m

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I-believe

Nov 19, 2015
✟7,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is God a she ? How is God a He? God is a zbeing. Never said a Human Being. An entity. Any entity in my book that can sustain the entirety of the Universes in its containment can't be a sexual being..m
Actually ,I do not know how to answer your question, there are so many words can answer this in Revelation,here is the movie that from our Church. I hope that can help you. and also hope you believe GOD has appearance , New age has come.
http://www.holyspiritspeaks.org/the-savior-has-already-returned-upon-a-white-cloud
this is the book ,
this is movie ,I hope those can help you answer your question . thank you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.